For crying out loud!!! Playing on the sympathy of adults because we have to do it for the children don’t ya know. And look! She lost her stuffed polar bear. Excuse me while I vomit… Disgusting and irresponsible. Do these people have no shame? Falsifying data – just making things up whole-cloth to push an agenda where the elite gain more power and money. And they figure humans (especially American humans) are just stooopid enough to fall for it – especially since we cling to our God and guns and we are all just a bunch of tea-bagging rednecks. We obviously don’t know what is best for us or the planet, so these people are going to do the taking care-of for us. Whew!
I prefer this – more festive and happy, you know? (Hat Tip: NewsBusters)
Ya, sure (which is Swedish, not Danish)… And it is Copenhagen with a long ‘a’ asshats – specifically Al Gore. My daughter and son-in-law are Danish. 8)
By: Chuck Muth
Nevada News and Views
Executive Board of Clark County Republican Party to Hold Emergency Meeting Tonight
Las Vegas – Sources confirm that an emergency meeting of the Executive Board of the Clark County Republican Central Committee has been called for 7:30 pm this evening at the party’s headquarters where resignations of party officers, including possibly Chairman Richard Scotti, may take place.
The organization has been fighting internal dissension since elections in June reportedly placed a large number of new “tea party” activists with a lot of conservative enthusiasm but little or no experience in grassroots organization, voter registration or fundraising on the committee.
By: Chuck Muth
Nevada News and Views
TODAY’S NN&V HEADLINES
- Raggio Slams Tax Opponents as “Extremists,” Says GOP Primaries are Bad (Sean Whaley/Nevada News Bureau) – Senate Minority Leader Bill Raggio said today layoffs of state employees should be a “last resort” as Gov. Jim Gibbons and lawmakers seek ways to balance the Nevada budget. Raggio, R-Reno, made his comments in an interview on the Nevada NewsMakers program.
- Raggio to GOP: Opposition to Me is Extremism (Mark Noonan) – Thus says our very-much-a-minority “leader”: “I think divisive primaries are hurting the Republican Party. We ought to be encouraging unity in the party instead of extremism trying to rip it apart.”
- Raggio Wrong, Gibbons RIGHT! (Todd “Taxpayer” Bailey) – Clearly, what the leadership of the Nevada Legislature did just six months ago was WRONG! Politicians can raise taxes all they want, but if there are NO JOBS, everyone gets fired.
- RINO Raggio raises taxes on Nevadans, faces recall (Kelly Anderson Wright) – Former Nevada Assemblywoman Sharron Angle warned voters that Bill Raggio was a Republican in name only (RINO), when she lost her tough Reno GOP primary battle with him last year.
- Medicaid Funding Shortfall Makes State Budget Picture Even Worse (Sean Whaley/Nevada News Bureau) – Nevada’s budget woes aren’t only coming from the revenue side, where tax collections for the first quarter of this fiscal year are already off by $53 million.
- Gov. Gibbons Signs Emergency Regs to Implement Real ID Act (Sean Whaley/Nevada News Bureau) – Gov. Jim Gibbons has signed emergency regulations that will allow the state to meet a Jan. 1 federal deadline so Nevada residents can use their current drivers’ licenses and identification cards to comply with the federal Real ID Act.
- Teachers Union Capitulation Probably Not Good Enough (Sean Whaley/Nevada News Bureau) – The secretary of the U.S. Department of Education has told the Gibbons Administration the language proposed by the Nevada state teachers union to change a state law to make the state eligible for as much as $170 million in federal school improvement funds is “not optimal.”
- Marijuana Advocates Announce Formation of Ballot Advocacy Group (NN&V Staff) – On Wednesday, Dave Schwartz, manager of the Marijuana Policy Project of Nevada (MPP-NV), announced that he has filed documents with the Nevada Secretary of State establishing a Ballot Advocacy Group to support a ballot initiative to create a legal, regulated market for marijuana for persons 21 years of age or older.
Do you agree with Nevada state Sen. Bill Raggio that competitive Republican Party primaries are a bad thing?
- Barack Obama accepted his unearned Nobel Peace Prize today, just a week after ordering an additional 30,000 troops to the war in Afghanistan. According to the Wall Street Journal, Obama “said in his acceptance speech that people must accept ‘the hard truth’ that violence cannot be eradicated and nations sometimes must wage war to protect their citizens from evil regimes or terrorist groups.” Very Bush-like, no?
- Samantha Stone, the Reasonable Reporter blogger, camped out at the freezing Costco in Reno yesterday afternoon and learned that Sarah Palin, in town for a book signing, met privately with Gov. Jim Gibbons at around 4 o’clock. “Gibbons spokesman Dan Burns confirmed that Palin spoke with the governor for about 20 minutes,” Stone writes. “Burns does not know what Gibbons discussed with Palin. No other elected officials, candidates, or potential candidates were present, Burns said.” So maybe a “rogue” endorsement is in the works?
- Anjeanette Damon reports that Gov. Jim Gibbons said this week that “layoffs may be necessary to solve a state budget shortfall that grew to $53.3 million in the first three months of the fiscal year.” Actually, layoffs were necessary more than a year ago, but non-essential government workers have been protected by politicians while private sector workers have been laid off by the thousands.
- Jon Ralston reports that on his Face to Face television program yesterday, “state Sen. Randolph Townsend said (Gov. Jim) Gibbons was needlessly causing a panic (with regard to ongoing revenue shortfalls) and Townsend, like Gibbons a Republican, went so far as to call the administration’s approach on the budget ‘absurd.’” Randolph Townsend may be a Republican like Jim Gibbons, but he sure as heck is no fiscal conservative like Jim Gibbons.
- By the way, Sen. Townsend, it was reported this morning that Nevada’s gaming revenues hit a new low in October. So how is taking responsible pre-emptive action “needlessly causing a panic”? Moral of the Story: It’s OK to say the sky is falling or to yell fire in a crowed theater if the sky is actually falling or if there really is a fire in a crowded theater.
- Sen. Bill Raggio said in an interview on Nevada Newsmakers yesterday that layoffs of government employees should be a “last resort.” Of course, just before the last legislative session Sen. Raggio also said tax hikes should be a last resort. He then led the behind-the-scenes efforts to sock Nevada taxpayers with over a billion dollars worth of higher taxes. That ought to give some government workers some sleepless nights.
- Is there anything that can bring the Left and the Right together? Yep. The Real ID Act. A de facto national ID card. The ACLU on the Left opposes it. And civil libertarians on the Right oppose it. Why did Jim Gibbons sign emergency regulations forcing Nevada to comply yesterday? Probably because he voted for it while still in Congress. Bad vote…now compounded.
OTHER NEWS & VIEWS
If you’d like to make an ONLINE donation to help with the legal defense of Navy SEAL Matthew McCabe, you can go to: www.puckettfaraj.com
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
- “Sen. Harry Reid has repeatedly stressed the importance of working weekends and criticized Republicans for a supposed lack of action to pass health care – despite his Party’s 60 vote super-majority in the Senate, which allows him to set the agenda. Now, ABC News reports today that Reid is cancelling the Senate’s business this weekend. Why? So he can fly to New Orleans for a $1000/plate campaign fundraiser for his flailing re-election bid.” – National Republican Senatorial Committee, 12/10/09
- “In Nevada, Mr. Reid has an $8 million war chest and 35 years in office. But he trails one-term GOP state Sen. Sue Lowden 41% to 51% and twice-defeated Republican candidate Danny Tarkanian 42% to 48%, even after a $1 million media blitz. If the primary fight doesn’t splinter conservatives, no amount of money will guarantee that Mr. Reid will remain in the Senate.” – Republican strategist Karl Rove in today’s Wall Street Journal
- “The magic 100,000-voter edge for the Democrats is no more, now at 84,000 after a Clark County purge of voters who have not cast ballots in two consecutive elections.” – Jon Ralston, Flash, 12/9/09
- “We will not lose again. Our goal is to motivate all of those voters who voted during the last election, and outline very clearly that not one of them is better off with a democrat in the White House, Congress, or our State offices. Not one democrat is better off. And we are the party who says no, no to socialism, no to Reids and Titus and no unfair and unbalanced representation resulting in higher taxes or ridiculous legislation.” – Nevada GOP Chairman Chris Comfort, 12/9/09
- “I’ve never had the chance to really talk with Rep. Dean Heller until last week at the opening of the Mandarin Oriental and later at (Chuck) Muth’s Citizen Outreach holiday soiree. Rep. Heller made me laugh and caught me by surprise with his comfort in his own skin; he was relaxed, candid, and very at ease as we talked about a lot of things. He also has a very good staff backing him up and will rise like a rocket when the GOP takes back the US House.” – Democrat blogger Mike Zahara
We were proud to announce this week that the “Tea Party Express III: Just Vote Them Out” tour will take place March 27 – April 15, 2010. We’ve all been working very hard to put this important effort together, and we’re determined to continue our fight against the socialist policies that the White House and Congress have been pursuing.
We have a unique opportunity this coming election to make a profound change in government. One of the members of the left-wing trifecta ruling Washington is Sen. Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-Nevada).
Reid is up for re-election and we’ve been working hard all year to fight for his defeat.
The principal sponsor of the Tea Party Express, the Our Country Deserves Better Committee, has already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in TV ads, radio ads, newspaper ads and hosted numerous rallies against Reid.
And so far we’re winning. Harry Reid’s poll numbers continue to fall further and further.
Desperate to cling to power, Reid has already raised nearly $10 million for his re-election campaign. And he recently launched his first television ads in as part of this massive campaign. If you wish you can view those ads – HERE.
The Tea Party Express made a deliberate decision to launch our next tour from Searchlight, NV – the tiny mining town that also happens to be Harry Reid’s hometown, and the place he was born. Searchlight, NV only has a population of around 500 people, but we are going to have a crowd many times that number on hand to launch the latest wave of the “Defeat Harry Reid” campaign.
The Our Country Deserves Better Committee will be producing a new television ad specifically calling out Reid for his disastrous liberal policies, reckless and shameful behavior while in the Senate, and his elitism, arrogance and disdain for the common citizen.
We’re going to need your help to get these ads on the air to contribute to the big launch of the Tea Party Express III and specifically our campaign to put the heat on Reid.
This is an example of the types of actions we will be undertaking for Tea Party Express III, and this is also why we expect this tour to cost more than $500,000. We’re in this to win it, friends.
We are going to launch a series of campaigns against many of the worst offenders in Congress. Harry Reid will just be the first target along the route of our tour.
Friends, these people in Congress have acted with contempt against we the people. They have ignored our phone calls, emails, letters and FAXes urging them to stop their harmful policies that seek to redefine America into some quasi-socialist nation.
They are encumbering us with ever-increasing amounts of debt. They are seeking to have the government take over or control more and more sectors of the economy. They are trying to regulate everything from what kind of lightbulb we use. to how we heat or cool our homes, what kind of car we can drive, and even what banks we will have access to.
But now we’re fighting back – and we’re winning. More and more polls come out showing us winning the battle of ideals against those in Congress who have betrayed the principles of our constitutional Republic.
So please, do help us make this Tea Party Express III a success. The first step is for us to raise the funds to produce our next ad in the campaign to defeat Harry Reid. Then we will have to raise the funds to buy the television air time for the ads.
We will officially launch the ad at the kickoff Tea Party Express III rally in Searchlight, NV with all the national press on hand. So everyone will be seeing the ad and hearing about it.
It will cost us approximately $10,000 to produce the ad and $100,000 for us to purchase ample airtime on Nevada TV stations (and perhaps nationally on cable news networks for added media buzz). Again, this is why we expect this tour to be the biggest, and most expensive one yet. But the rewards for our country and its future will be well worth it.
So we are asking for your support in the form of a contribution to the Tea Party Express III effort. You can contribute any amount from $5 to the maximum allowed $5,000, but we’re going to make an offer for one week only.
For anyone who contributes $100 or more between Thursday, December 10th and Friday, December 18th, we will provide you with a complimentary copy of the Tea Party Express 2010 calendar. And for anyone who contributes $500 or more during this time period, we will provide you with a copy of the calendar autographed by leaders of the Tea Party Express I and II tours.
And if you make your donation by Friday, December 18th at 3:00 PM (Pacific) we will have the calendar sent to you in time for Christmas.
Again, you can make a contribution of any amount from $5 up to the maximum allowed $5,000 online – HERE. We need to raise over $500,000 by the time of the tour launch so we can make a significant impact on the upcoming 2010 elections.
The principal national sponsor of the Tea Party Express, the Our Country Deserves Better Committee, has already raised the first $75,000 towards our $500,000 goal to target liberal members of Congress and ensure their defeat in 2010.
If you prefer, you can contribute by mailing in a contribution to our finance headquarters:
Our Country Deserves Better Committee
ATTN: Tea Party Express Project
770 L Street #1020
Sacramento, CA 95814
And to get a sense of the messaging of our “Defeat Harry Reid” campaign, here is a TV and radio ad we ran earlier this year:
TV AD – Defeat Harry Reid
RADIO AD – Defeat Harry Reid
Watch Danny’s appearance on Nevada Newsmakers, where he gives an inside look into his campaign for U.S. Senate:
Danny Tarkanian was also on KNPR recently to discuss a number of issues facing Nevada while outlining his goals and initiatives. In case you missed it, you can listen to it here:
The polls show Nevadan’s are becoming increasingly dissatisfied with Harry Reid and are desperately seeking a new beginning. Danny Tarkanian continues to lead Reid in all publically released polls. Voters have clearly had enough of Reid’s failed leadership.
Kenneth Timmerman – Ex-Obama Adviser: Few Troops Home From Afghanistan in 2011
Laura Ingraham – Rally In DC on December 15th……..CODE RED
The Anchoress – Catholics on TV Then and Now
Chuck Norris – Chestnuts Roasting on a Copenhagen Fire
The New Editor – ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ is ‘Sexist’; ‘Too Conservative’
Dr. Melissa Clouthier – Podcast: Climategate Made Simple
Dr. Melissa Clouthier – Obama’s Bound To Disappoint Someone: An Ignoble Nobel
devvy.com – Former Chrysler dealers fight back using the Quo Warranto (Hat Tip: The Radio Patriot)
The Radio Patriot – WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?
The New Editor – New Obama plans: ‘spend our way out’ of economic downturn
American Thinker – They Are All RINOs (Hat Tip: Carolyn Cooke)
Ann Coulter – Martha Coakley: Too Immoral for Teddy Kennedy’s Seat
WorldNetDaily – Fistgate: Obama chief ‘knew’ of ‘disgusting’ sex subjects
Brutally Honest – More and more Americans want W back
The Anchoress – Congress of Lucy and Charlie Brown
Financial Post – Canada’s National Newspaper calls for Worldwide One Child Policy
Fox News – GOP Lawmaker: No More Terrorist ‘Rehab’