By: Chuck Muth
Nevada News and Veiws
TODAY’S NN&V HEADLINES
- The Call Girl and the RINO Discuss Reid’s ObamaCare Shenanigans (Chuck Muth) – Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) – recipient of the now-infamous $300,000 million “Louisiana Purchase” of her vote on ObamaCare – went on Face the Nation on Sunday and said the following about the prospect of a Christmas Eve final vote on the Senate version of the bill:
- Democrat Health Spending Bill: ‘A departure from history’ (Sen. Mitch McConnell) – Tonight marks the culmination of a long national debate. Passions have run high. And, that’s appropriate because the bill we are voting on tonight will impact the life of every American.
- Reid Pushes Forward With Flawed Health Bill (National Republican Senatorial Committee) – In the wee hours of the night, Democrat Senate Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) moved forward to invoke cloture on the Manager’s Amendment for his massive government-run health care bill, which will lead to higher taxes, massive cuts to Medicare, taxpayer-funded abortions, and higher health care premiums for Nevadans.
- Five Reasons Obamacare Still Might Not Pass (Rich Lowry & Robert Costa) – The Cornhusker Kickback joins the Louisiana Purchase as the latest evidence that there’s nothing like a hundred million or so in federal dollars to alleviate a senator’s deeply held concerns about the substance of Obamacare.
- Career-Killing Votes Loom on Health Reform (Grace-Marie Turner) – Senators are in the midst of taking a series of career-killing votes to fulfill President Obama’s goal of getting a health overhaul bill – any bill – passed before Christmas.
Do you think Harry Reid is a strong leader or a weak leader?
- He’s no leader at all
“The Senate is marching toward a Christmas Eve vote,” reported the Wall Street Journal last night, “voting 60-40 (to approve) the first of three motions needed to close off debate on the (health care) bill and clear the way for final passage later in the week.”
And why does Harry Reid have the 60 votes he needs to shove this government-run health care bill up our wazoos?
Because Sen. John Ensign, when he SHOULD have been focusing on re-electing Republican senatorial colleagues in 2008, instead was focusing on doinking his best friend’s wife and covering it up, thereby losing EIGHT seats – including one to Al Franken, for God’s sake.
And Nevadans need John Ensign in the Senate instead of Dean Heller..why?
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“(Nebraska Sen.) Ben Nelson resorted to the typical Washington expedient.and bought into a few window-dressing compromises, in exchange for an enormous Medicaid benefit to his state. The Cornhusker Kickback joins the Louisiana Purchase as the latest evidence that there’s nothing like a hundred million or so in federal dollars to alleviate a senator’s deeply held concerns about the substance of Obamacare.” – Columnist Rich Lowry