From: ICanHasHotDog (Hat Tip: Garry Hamilton)
The Anchoress – Obama and Doing vs Being – UPDATED
The Nose On Your Face – Being Umar Abdulmutallab’s Brother
Bob McCarty Writes – Did Obama Place INTERPOL Above U.S. Law?
Bob McCarty Writes – Golfers Play Thru in Shadow of Rumbling Volcano
Bob McCarty Writes – Obituary Omits News About Barack Obama’s Past
Bob McCarty Writes – Video: Air Force Jet Cruises Thru Grand Canyon
Legal Surrection – GOP Abandons Scott Brown, But We’re Not
ThreatsWatch.org – America’s Top Three Threat Developments
The Radio Patriot – ARE YOU ASKING QUESTIONS? BOLDLY?
Michelle Malkin – Yemen, Gitmo, and jihadi revolving doors
Michelle Malkin – Damage control in 30 seconds: Ben Nelson’s CYA ad
Michelle Malkin – SEIU Watch: More workers revolt against power-grabbing Purple Shirts
Michelle Malkin – The Interpol question
Gateway Pundit – Iranian Cartoonists Mock Obama’s Weak Stand Against Killer Regime
Big Government – Minnesota University Wants K-12 Teachers to Hate America
By: Chuck Muth
Nevada News and Views
TODAY’S NN&V HEADLINES
- The Simple Formula for Ending the Recession in No Time Flat (Chuck Muth) – “In 2020, this town will be more unionized,” predicts D. Taylor, secretary-treasurer of the Culinary Union in Las Vegas. “The question of going union has been enhanced by the recession.” Yeah, right. That’s like saying your marriage has been enhanced by having an affair with the wife of your best friend. I mean, who would ever buy that one?
- Krolicki Mounts Defense, Rips Attorney General (Brian Krolicki) – The Las Vegas Sun’s Dec. 16 editorial (“Where’s the outrage?”) may have generated a little emotion but certainly didn’t lead readers to “outrage” based on the facts.
- Sebelius Rips Krolicki, Shreds His Defense (Steve Sebelius) – On Sunday, the Las Vegas Sun printed an op-ed from Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki, crowing about the “outrage” visited upon him by the attorney general’s office, which sought an indictment against Krolicki for allegedly misusing state funds. While entertaining, the op-ed fails to survive the close scrutiny that we at Various Things & Stuff are only too happy to provide.
- Panel Asks for Patience as They Do the “Vision Thing” (Sean Whaley/Nevada News Bureau) – As lawmakers prepare to study the state’s revenue structure and develop a long-term vision for Nevada’s future, several members of a citizens panel appointed to assist in the process agree on two points: Give us a chance before you pass judgment on our effort, and don’t put our work on a shelf.
- Parraguirre to Head Nevada Supreme Court in 2010 (Sean Whaley/Nevada News Bureau )- Nevada Supreme Court Justice Ron Parraguirre will take over as the new chief justice of the seven-member court in 2010.