Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques
Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques
Hat Tip: Brian B.
Hat Tip: Brian B.
From: The 912 Project
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
The Radio Patriot – Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!
ThreatsWatch – Holder: Only The Crime Determines Terrorist Rights
Townhall.com – Education ‘Reform,’ From the Top Down (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
The Anchoress – “Fear is useless, what is needed is trust.”
Bob McCarty Writes – Lease Sale Attracts Nearly $1 Billion in High Bids
Bob McCarty Writes – Study Shows ‘ObamaCare’ Could Cost 700K Jobs
Bob McCarty Writes – State Prison Numbers Dip for First Time Since 1972
Ann Coulter – My Healthcare Plan
Yahoo! News – Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
The Washington Examiner – Republican resolution will call for ‘up-or-down vote’ on health care tomorrow (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Free Republic – Obama Administration Files Brief Supporting Racial Preferences in University Admissions (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Free Republic – The Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010 (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Washington Times – Petraeus: Iran aiding al Qaeda
Yahoo! News – Contestants turn torturers in French TV experiment
Fox News – Chicago Man to Plead Guilty in Mumbai Plot
Michelle Malkin – Obama, Pelosi on a money-grubbing mission
Michelle Malkin – The Krazy Kucinich Kickback Contest
Michelle Malkin – The slaughter on the southern border
Michelle Malkin – Doing the health care anecdote-vetting the Left won’t do
Gateway Pundit – Israeli PM’s In-Law Calls Obama Anti-Semite
Gateway Pundit – Obama Off by 3,000% on Insurance Premium Savings
Gateway Pundit – Brutal 24 Hours Has Obamacare Facing Death Panel?
Gateway Pundit – Local Muslims Deface Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth
Gateway Pundit – Breaking: We Are Just 11 Votes Shy From Killing Obamacare!
Gateway Pundit – Thousands Protest Obamacare Today in Washington DC
CNBC – Americans ‘Disgusted’ With Congress: NBC/WSJ Poll (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
CFP – “I Won” (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
The Washington Examiner – Pelosi: ‘Once we kick through this door,’ more reform will follow (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
NRO – Our Race: American (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
ArmyTimes – Flap flies in Haiti over U.S. flag absence (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Right Wing News – Obamaganda: Another School Sings Praises to Dear Leader (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
RenewAmerica – It is not immigration! (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Yahoo! News – When tweets can make you a jailbird (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
Atlas Shrugs – Palin: Hit “Reset” Button with Israel
Atlas Shrugs – Nationalized Health Corps Workforce Army
Atlas Shrugs – Prisoner Stimulus
CFP – The Truth About Progressives – aka Marxists (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
American Future Fund – AFF’s New Ad ‘Backroom’ Educates Voters on Congressional Sleaze (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
The Waking Giant – Specter Opens Door on White House Felonies (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
DickMorris.com – OBAMA’S PLAN TO CRIPPLE EDUCATION REFORMS (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
Free Republic – Elsberry residents troubled by proposed weapons ordinance (MO) (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Tenth Amendment Center – Putting the Constitution Back into the Oval Office (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Fox News – Bali-Hoo: U.N Still Pushing for Global Environmental Control (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
Free Republic – Tea parties win key victory in ousting Congress (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Tenth Amendment Center – The Sole and Express Purpose of the Census (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Hat Tip: Brian B.
Sweden is a powerful example of the importance of public policy. The Nordic nation became rich between 1870 and 1970 when government was very small, but then began to stagnate as welfare state policies were implemented in the 1970s and 1980s. The CF&P Foundation video explains that Sweden is now shifting back to economic freedom in hopes of undoing the damage caused by an excessive welfare state. www.freedomandprosperity.org
Hat Tip: Brian B.
Hat Tip: Brian B.