From: The Watcher’s Council
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s Council contest is dedicated to Rep. Paul Ryan.
Our own Bookworm’s new E-book, The Bookworm Turns: A Secret Conservative In Liberal Land is finally out, and is even better than I imagined it would be. Available at Amazon.
You can, too. Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply e-mail me a link at [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Honorable Mention’ no later than Monday 6 PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….and don’t forget to tune in Thursday for this week’s Head to Head!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – A perfect example of why Philly schools have the discipline issues they do
- The Noisy Room – The Descent of Evil Over America
- The Razor – Why I Don’t Think The Government deserves My Money This Year
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Little Satan Posse
- Bookworm Room – “It’s always something — if it ain’t one thing, it’s another.”
- New Zeal – Leading Marxist Manning Marable Dies – Once Wrote, Obama “Has Read Left Literature, Including My Works”
- Rhymes With Right – Texas Lege Votes Down Disingenuous Solution To Education Budget Cut
- Joshuapundit – The Limits Of Forgiveness
- Right Truth – Bacon and Koran – Videos – Defending our Freedom of Speech
- VA Right – Obama Speech: ‘Lets Help Libya Just Like We Helped the Kurds’
- The Glittering Eye – Blue
- The Political Commentator – Is a government shutdown really a shutdown? Apparently it isn’t!
- Snapped Shot – Rally for Rights (And Terrorists)
- Simply Jews – Libya’s human rights record: somewhat funny
- Monkey In The Middle – A New Definition Of Courage
- Maggie’s Notebook – Egypt: Salafist Muslim Brotherhood New Modesty Law – Egypt: Christians Must Submit to Islam
- Restoring Honor Starts Here – The Obama Narrative Part II
- The Foundry – Income Inequality, Round Two submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Gulag Bound – Nazi Political Biology: The Hotwiring of Power Politics, Naturalism, Environmentalism & Racism submitted by The Noisy Room
- Phyllis Chesler/FrontPage – The Goldstone Recantation submitted by The Razor
- The Best Defense/Crispin Burke – How to deal with Libyan ambiguity: Define the problem, not the end state submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Big Questions Online – Multiculturalism and its Discontents submitted by Bookworm Room
- Melanie Phillips – Richard Goldstone Recants; What Price The Israel Witch-Hunt Now? submitted by New Zeal
- James Pethokoukis – Paul Ryan’s revolution Would Finish Reagan’s submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Declaration Entertainment/Iowahawk – Eat The Rich! submitted by Joshuapundit
- Dan Riehl – Can The Obama Administration Fairly Try KSM At Gitmo? submitted by Right Truth
- Big Government/Seton Motley – General Motors – This is What Government Ownership Looks Like submitted by VA Right
- BeldarBlog – Kevin Drum Begins To Doubt His Cult Leader submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Reason – The 19% Solution submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Investigative Project On Terrorism – Turning The Revolution Islamist submitted by Snapped Shot
- Liberty’s Spirit – Free Speech is Not Important: The Contest in Congress to be Dumb, Dumber or Dumbest submitted by The Watcher
- Shrinkwrapped – Incoherence Compounded By Arrogance submitted by The Watcher
- Doug Ross – In the spirit of bipartisanship, Mr. Speaker, let the Senate Democrats shut the government down submitted by The Watcher