Hat Tip: Brian B.
Hat Tip: Brian B.
Interesting how the government and the mainstream media are still hell bent on painting Tea Party activists, Constitutional Conservatives and patriots as violent nut cases. It’s a great excuse to persecute Americans when they don’t kneel before this administration. None of us believe we are above the law – we support Constitutional laws and we support our police and military. The progressives are trying to put a wedge between us and the police and the military.
How fascist can you get. Nazi Germany anyone?
From: The Watcher’s Council
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Capitalist Preservation took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status.
You can, too. Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply e-mail me a link at [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Honorable Mention’ no later than Monday 6 PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Why we don’t revere our intellectuals
- New Zeal – Rapping for the Rev’lution: ‘Pac Was a Teenaged Communist
- The Noisy Room – A Kinder, Gentler Hatchet Job
- Joshuapundit – Historical Resonance, Barack Obama And The Coming Election
- Simply Jews – Lviv, Ecclesiastes and Karl Marx
- The Razor – Who Gives a Huck? I Sure Don’t…
- Right Truth – Next In Line To Be President
- VA Right – Republican 2012 Presidential Field Goes Jurassic as RINO-Saur Gingrich Jumps in the Primordial Ooze
- Bookworm Room – Community Servitude
- Rhymes With Right – On School And Classroom Fights
- The Political Commentator – The Obama birth certificate: Timing is everything! or Who are the Nordyke twins?
- Snapped Shot – Shooting al-Aqsa
- The Glittering Eye – Why does The Unemployment Rate Stay So High?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Joyeuex Anniversaire Little Satan!
- Capitalist Preservation – Let Them Eat Fake
- Common Sense Political Thought – Guess What Happens Monday? submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sultan Knish – Allahu Akbar submitted by New Zeal
- Big Government/Kyle Olson – IL Tea Party Activists Expose Alleged Gift Cards-For-Votes School Scam submitted by The Noisy Room
- Gates of Vienna – The Intrusion Of Sharia Into American Justice submitted by Joshuapundit
- Harry’s Place – Obituary Of The Day submitted by Simply Jews
- UN-PC In The USA – Obama’s latest Reality Check submitted by The Razor
- Wired, Danger Room – NATO Choppers, Pakistani Troops ‘Exchange Fire’ submitted by Right Truth
- The Dangerous Servant – The Individual Mandate and Personal Responsibility submitted by VA Right
- Maggie’s Farm/Bruce Kesler – What My Grandfather Taught Me About Honor submitted by Bookworm Room
- Pajamas Media/Victor Davis Hanson – End Of An idea – Why Affirmative Action Should Stop submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Reaganite Republican – Iran Moving Ahead on Venezuelan Missile Bases that Bring Miami Well Within Range submitted by The Political Commentator
- Israellycool – Nakba Caption Bias of the Day submitted by Snapped Shot
- Via Meadia – Establishment Blues submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Atlantic – From Roman Legions to Navy SEALs: Military Raiding and its Discontents submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Atlas Shrugs – New York City: Muslims March in Jewish Genocide Bund Rally; “Third Intifada” Marches Round the World submitted by The Watcher
- Doug Ross – My response To HuffPo’s “Constitutional Expert” submitted by The Watcher
By: Janet Smiles
Teamsters Local 120 created this chart to demonstrate the success of their Union. “The rights which Labor has won, Labor must fight to protect.”
Reported in the Weekly Standard:
Over Half of All Obamacare Waivers Given to Union Members
In what is fast becoming a weekly event, the Obama administration granted 200 more companies aivers from the Democrats’ sweeping health care law in the Friday night news dump. That brings the number of companies receiving waivers to 1,372. (You can get a full list of the companies exempted below.)
Not surprisingly, it helps to be a Democratic ally when seeking a waiver. The Republican Policy Committee reports that over half of the workers that have been exempted so far belong to unions:
The plans newly approved for waivers cover more than 160,000 people, bringing to nearly 3.1 million the number of individuals in plans exempted from the health law’s requirements. Of the participants receiving waivers, more than half – over 1.55 million – are in union plans, raising questions of why such a disproportionate share of union members are receiving waivers from the law’s requirements. The percentage of participants receiving waivers that come from unions also continues to rise – the number was 48% in April, and 45% in March.
Unions already received a generous concession in the health care bill. Their generous “cadilac” insurance plans were exempted from being taxed until 2018, adding about $120 billion to the bill’s cost over ten years. For more on how the administration has helped unions, see my story in THE WEEKLY STANDARD from a few weeks ago.
No brainer question: If unions have created the best working environments and benefit packages, and “if you like what you have now, you can keep it,” why do these same unions need waivers in order to allow them to not fall under the management of Obamacare? Just askin’
Here is the full list of all waivers granted… straight from the horse’s mouth.
Bonus Update from NY Daily News:
Union whistleblowers: We were beaten and harassed after they accused bosses of looting
Unionized phone company employees say they were beaten or threatened after they accused their labor bosses of looting their coffers through various scams.
One member of Communications Workers of America Local 1101 said that after he reported a time-sheet padding scheme, a thug beat him so badly his spine was injured.
Another says he found a dead rat in his locker, while a third said a union officer warned that suspected informants should be brought off company property and “taken care of.”
The threats come to light as the U.S. Labor Department is probing charges that union bosses lined their pockets at the rank-and-file’s expense.
Accusations include an unauthorized 401(k) plan union officers gave themselves funded with members’ dues, along with hefty weekly allowances, lavish expense accounts and six-figure salaries, union documents show.
The feds are also looking into allegations that double-dipping union bosses illegally received pay from Verizon and the local for the same hours, sources said.
So very glad that the Unions got rid of all those sweat shops and oppressive, selfish employers who made themselves wealthy on the backs of the laborer’s hard work.