By: Maggie M. Thornton
One thing we know today is, the Democrat party is not your Mamma’s Democrat party. If the current Democrat Congress had an ounce of integrity, the House would be impeaching Barack Obama and the Senate would be convicting him. But today’s Democrat is willing to let Obama unconstitutionally bypass them. There is no way Republicans can stop it, but they could at least try – and make a hell of a lot of noise doing it. Congress has abdicated their duty and violated their oath of office, just as Obama has violated the Constitution to which he swore. Make no mistake about, this man has committed impeachable offenses.
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
…he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed…
1) Obama has consistently ignored the Rule of Law regarding illegal aliens. Today he was cheeky enough to publicly announce his plan to thwart the Rule of Law. He moved beyond the DREAM Act, which would have granted fast-track citizenship for illegal children graduating high school or serving in the U.S. Military, to be granted in-state college tuition.
Congress refused to pass the DREAM Act legislation. Today we learn that some 300,000 illegals tagged for deportation will now remain here, and decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis. The news is full of stories that Obama has been confronted by angry Hispanics, wanting and demanding amnesty. His favorable polling among them has gone from 70+% down to 40-something-percent.
2) He has stated his administration, and specifically his Department of Justice, will ignore the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) enacted by Congress, and seek to repeal it. DOMA is law. The repealing is one thing, if he can make it happen, which he likely cannot. Taking action before a repeal is unconstitutional. The Executive Branch does not have the authority to ignore a constitutional law. The Liar-in-Chief defended the Defense of Marriage Act when he campaigned.
3) Just this week the Education Czar granted No Child Left Behind waivers – thirteen years to perform by 2012 they were given, and they can’t make it happen – American kids can’t do math! Education Secretary Arne Duncan announced states can receive waivers – yet the checks for billions to fund it continue. No Child Left Behind is a law enacted by Congress. Neither Duncan or Obama have the authority to make a single change without Congress acting first. Yet it has already been done.
4) Obama has ignored court orders and been held in contempt of court, along with Secretary of Interior, Ken Salazar for refusing and to allow drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. After the BP oil spill, Obama created a “panel of experts” to advise him. Salazar took their experienced opinions, didn’t like them, changed them and lied about them. The result: a ban on drilling. Salazar said the lie was his decision and the president’s decision. He apologized – not to the American people, or those who lost their jobs, but to the experts. Obama apologized to no one.
When a federal court smacked down the boys drilling moratorium, Salazar just issued another. As of March 2011, this from The Tulsa World:
WASHINGTON – More than two-thirds of offshore leases in the Gulf of Mexico are sitting idle, neither producing oil and gas, nor being actively explored by the companies who hold the leases, according to a Department of Interior report to be released Tuesday.
Those inactive swaths of the Gulf could potentially hold more than 11 billion barrels of oil and 50 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, the department said in the report obtained by The Associated Press.
Jobs…thousands of jobs gone.
5) This month, The Western Energy Alliance won their appeal in a suit against the Federal Government. The court recognized the administration’s illegal and unconstitutional “rules” to delay and slow down to a creep, approval to drill for oil and gas on Federal lands. The law suit was filed against the Obama administration and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.
The ruling reinstates Bush-era expedited oil and gas drilling under provisions called categorical exclusions on federal lands nationwide, Freudenthal said.
The government argued that oil and gas companies had no case because they didn’t show how the new rules, implemented by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service last year, had created delays and added to the cost of drilling.
Freudenthal rejected that argument.
“Western Energy has demonstrated through its members recognizable injury,” she said. “Those injuries are supported by the administrative record.” Source Our Business News
6) When Congress refused to make certain environmental requirements actual law, Obama simply allowed the EPA to do it anyway – what he referred to as another way to “skin a cat.”
Congress refused to kill the coal and oil industry, so the EPA is doing it outside the law, by Obama fiat. When Cap and Trade did not pass, Obama said this:
“Cap-and-trade was just one way of skinning the cat; it was not the only way. I’m going to look for other means to address the problem.”
The cost to U.S. taxpayers is enormous. Five coal-fired electrical plants have closed down because the regulations are impossible to enact without the funds to make it happen. American Electric Power (AEP):
Utility giant American Electric Power said Thursday that it will shut down five coal-fired power plants and spend billions of dollars to comply with a series of pending Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
Remember, Congress refused to grant these restrictions. Even a Democrat legislator objected:
“Let me be clear, it’s decisions like the one made by AEP today that demonstrate the urgent need to rein in government agencies like the EPA, preventing them from overstepping their bounds and imposing regulations that not only cost us good American jobs, but hurt our economy,” said Manchin [Sen. Joe Manchin D-WVA], an outspoken critic of the EPA.
In 2008, Obama said this:
When I was asked earlier about the issue of coal…under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket…even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I’m capping greenhouse gasses, coal power plants, natural gas…you name it…whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retro-fit their operations.
The public revolted. Congress refused to give the authority to allow it. He did it anyway.
Remember Joe Biden says there will be “no coal plants in America?” The EPA said their new (unconstitutional) regulations will create jobs but the National Economic Research Associates (NERA) said for every one job created, four will be lost.
Jobs…thousands of jobs gone.
7) Obama’s Affordable Care Act mandates every American will purchase healthcare or be penalized, even though it is clear the mandate is unconstitutional under the maligned and misused Commerce Act. It received so much publicity, and the Act was so clearly wrong, that the administration’s own attorneys decided arguing in court that they have the right to mandate.
Now their argument is that the mandate is a tax, and Congress has the right to tax. Courts are coming down against them right and left, (see more here and here) but this presidency dons it’s arrogant Kevlar mail and marches on. His administration is continuing to implement the Affordable Care Act.
The legal costs to taxpayers to defend themselves against this man and health care are astronomical. In the meantime, the administration is refusing to fast-track the case to the Supreme Court.
8) The bailouts were clearly unconstitutional.
No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law. Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 U.S. Constitution
The U.S. government does not have the authority to spend taxpayer funds to buy a position in privately-owned companies. They simply do not have the authority, and Congress does not have the authority to grant that authority to the Executive branch.
There attempts made to get the Democrat-controlled Congress to introduce legislation for the bailout funds. No one would touch it, but it happened anyway.
A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government, and a government without a constitution is power without right.’ ‘A constitution is a thing antecedent to a government; and a government is only the creature of a constitution.’ ~ Thomas Paine
Listen up – Democrat and Republicans. Listen up:
“…operating the government without the Constitution “is a power without right.”
In an earlier post, I said this:
Message to Republicans: When you take the microphone, you MUST tell us the exact EPA regulation that is killing jobs, or the tax code that is killing jobs, or the banking regulations that are killing jobs, or the Affordable Care Act provision that is killing jobs, or the lawsuits that are killing jobs, or the unionization that is killing jobs, and definitely, tell us the stories of the hijacking of American energy dependence and the laws and regs that keep us from drilling.
9) Our President said that he wants his Supreme Court nominees to show “empathy” in their decisions. While SCOTUS Justices do not swear an oath, Congress, the Executive Branch and Judicial Officers do:
I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”
As I stated in an earlier post:
There is no room for empathy when justice is blind and the poor and the rich have equal rights in the sight of the law of the land. While the U.S. Constitution does not provide the oath for a Supreme Court Justice, it does state that others “shall be bound by an oath or affirmation to support this constitution.”
Which takes me back to today’s Democrats and the matter of impeachment. Why isn’t it happening?
Declaration of Indpendence:
…when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Because today’s Clinton Democrats are not your Mamma’s Democrats, stalking the halls of the once, most august and admired governance in the world, we are a laughing stock. The world sees us for who and what we are, weak and corrupt – willing to ransom the freeist government by and for the people ever known in the world, in exchange for a high-end government pension and fat speaking fees.
Posted by Maggie @ Maggie’s Notebook