From: The Watcher’s Council
Ah, the sultry lazy days at the end of summer, when the warm weather brings out the torpor and laziness in all of us and little gets accomplished except by the determined and the desperate. The Romans were the first to label this time of year the Dog Days (dies caniculares), noting that Sirius, the Dog Star, was the brightest star in the night sky at this time of year.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to letting sleeping dogs lie… at least for awhile.
You can too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to the ‘Contact Me’ page at Joshuapundit and post a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Rhymes With Right – More On Rick Perry And Gardasil
- Simply Jews – New Russians and their old tricks
- The Noisy Room – Of Secrets, Jobs and Tea
- Right Truth – Israel In The Crosshairs
- Joshuapundit – A Lefty’s Heart Breaks So Easily…
- The Colossus of Rhodey – There is such thing as a free lunch
- New Zeal – Rebuild the Dream: IPS Steals the Phrase ‘American Dream’
- The Razor – Fighting Good For The GOP’s 2012 Prospects
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Revo Guards Rise
- The Political Commentator – Barack Obama et al: When you get a chance, can you give these domestic and national security issues a little attention?
- Bookworm Room – Bright line bureaucratic rules that make no sense
- Snapped Shot – Starving Palestinians
- The Glittering Eye – Battle Of The Billionaires
- VA Right! – Warren Buffett Pays More in Taxes Then He Realizes
- Steven Givler Online – Riots in England – Democracy in Action
- The Jewish Leadership Blog – Israel (not so) Random Thoughts
- Capitalist Preservation – Capitalist Preservation Special Report: Child labor in the United States
- Yid With Lid – I have Proof That God Still Performs Miracles submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Mick Hartley – Hope In The Pipeline submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish – Time for an American Spring submitted by The Noisy Room
- Big Government – Jeannie DeAngelis – A ‘Windshield Rancher’ and the Nouveau Riche submitted by Right Truth
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Paradoxes submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Foundry – O, Canada! The Greenies Are On the Attack! submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Liberty’s Spirit – Sometimes Israel’s real friends also need to know when to be quiet… submitted by New Zeal
- The American Interest/Via Meadia – Feeding The Masses On Unicorn Ribs submitted by The Razor
- IDF Reports – Terror Groups Operating From Sinai submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Blaze – Did the White House ‘Cleanse’ References To Jerusalem, Israel From Its Web Site? submitted by The Political Commentator
- Ed Driscoll/Pajamas Media – Two Men Say They’re Jesus, One of Them Must Be Wrong submitted by Bookworm Room
- Prairie Pundit – Journalist quakes writing about religion submitted by Snapped Shot
- Glenn Greenwald/Salon.com – The Libya War Argument submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Foundry – DOJ’s Troubling Trend of Political Uniformity in Hiring submitted by VA Right!
- Peter Berkowitz/WSJ – College Rape Accusations and the Presumption of Male Guilt submitted by The Watcher
- Seraphic Secret – Restoring Courage submitted by The Watcher