Hat Tip: BB
Today conservatives are under attack like never before. We’re being called racists, terrorists, and hobbits, and have been blamed for Barack Obama’s own failure to deal with our financial troubles.Those on the left never debate – they just lie and smear in an attempt to intimidate us into staying silent.
But we at the Tea Party Express are not intimidated by all the lies and smears, and aren’t going anywhere! In fact we’re fighting back louder and stronger than ever. That’s why we’re so thrilled that Governor Sarah Palin – a true champion of the tea party movement – will join us at our upcoming rally in Manchester, NH this Monday.
Sarah Palin is always being vilified by the left for standing on principle. Like all of us in the tea party, she has been a stalwart defender of principles like fiscal responsibility, free markets, and smaller, more efficient government.
When big-government liberals see Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, and all of you join Tea Party Express rallies across the country, you can bet it sends a shiver down their spine as they realize their days in office are numbered and are FEW!
If you can’t join us with Governor Palin in Manchester, take a look at our tour schedule and try to join us somewhere along the road! Over the next several days, the Tea Party Express buses will be rolling through Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. You can see the full schedule of the Reclaiming America tour HERE.
If you want the Tea Party Express to stand up for the reputation of the tea party and hardworking Americans everywhere, please support our mission by making a contribution. CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE.
You can contribute as little as $5 all the way up to the maximum allowed $5,000. And since we’re in a new election cycle, those of you who had previously “maxed out” are once again able to contribute as much as you’d like – all the way up to that $5,000 maximum.
To contribute, just click the button below. We’re hoping more than 500 patriots such as yourself can afford a more generous contribution of $100, $250, $500 or more.
As always, if you prefer, you may also make a contribution via mail, by sending a check to:
Tea Party Express
8795 Folsom Boulevard, Suite 103
Sacramento, CA 95826-3720
By: Trevor Loudon
Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich has worked closely with the Communist Party USA over many years.
This relationship was still evident as late as 2009, when Kucinich personally endorsed the almost successful Cleveland City Council campaign of Communist Party leader Rick Nagin.
The Communist Party USA in turn has relationships with Cuban, Russian and Chinese communist parties, and to Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela, all of whom have enjoyed close ties to Libya’s Moammar Gadhafi in recent years.
For many years, Libya, though claiming to be “non-aligned,’ was effectively a satellite of the old Soviet Bloc. In recent months the Russians have been doing their best to defend their old comrade as NATO forces worked to depose him.
Now it appears that Dennis Kucinich may have been acting in concert with the Gadhafi regime, in a propaganda campaign to keep the socialist dictator in power.
Democratic U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich and a former top State Department official aided Moammar Gadhafi right up to the time that rebels overran the Libyan dictator’s Tripoli compound, papers discovered there have disclosed.
The staunchly anti-war Kucinich disputes the notion that he provided such assistance. But a letter found in the rubble shows that he talked to a senior Gadhafi official asking for evidence of corruption within the rebel Libyan National Transitional Council so he could use the information to try to persuade the White House to remove support for NATO airstrikes…
A letter to Gadhafi’s son, Saif al-Islam, detailing the Kucinich conversation was discovered in the bombed-out Bab-al-Aziziya compound by Al-Jazeera journalist Jamal Elshayyal, who had been invited inside by rebels.
The eight-term Ohio congressman, who ran for president in 2004 and 2008, said he also was looking for links between the rebels and al-Qaida that would help his cause, Elshayyal reported.
Kucinich quickly denied that he had given support to Gadhafi. “My questions about the legitimacy of the war, who the opposition was, and what NATO was doing, were well known and consistent with my official duties,” he said in a statement.
“Any implication I was doing anything other than trying to bring an end to an unauthorized war is fiction.”
Given his long time communist ties, Kucinich’s denial of improper activity on behalf of Libya’s former socialist leader should not be taken at face value.
Dennis Kucinich should be investigated by Congress to determine whether he has ever acted improperly on behalf of the Gadhafi regime.
Or is covertly working as the agent of a hostile foreign power no longer considered unacceptable behavior for a US congressman?
Hurricane Irene via NASA
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week, carved eternally in the akahshic records of cyberspace.
The problem with race-baiting and identity politics as practiced by the Left is that different groups eventually have conflicting and competing goals and each one demands its pound of flesh… which results in problems satisfying everyone.
This week’s winner, Do Blacks Realize They’ve Been Played By Obama? by Joshuapundit examines this problem in detail and also reveals the new narrative being used to try and paper over the conflict by creating a brand distraction – hatred directed towards ‘racist Tea Party Republicans.’ Here’s a slice:
It was a fairly tense scene at a Congressional Black Caucus- sponsored event in Miami, where President Obama’s executive director of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Don Graves had to dodge heated questions from the likes of Maxine Waters ( D-CA) and Laura Richardson (D-Ca) in front of a fairly hostile crowd.
In his remarks, Graves said that the president is “focused on every community across the country” but when he attempted some careful race pandering, saying that “certain communities have been hit harder than other communities,” Waters pushed him. “Let me hear you say ‘black,’” the California Democrat yelled.
As the crowd cheered, The Washington Post said in its report on the event that Graves tried backtracking, saying: “black, African-American, Latino — we’re going to focus on getting people back to work.”
Notice what groups this fine public servant, who gets paid a handsome salary by all of the American people left out.
Rep. Laura Richardson (D-Calif.), who being an expert practitioner herself knows a lie when she hears it referred to Graves’ remarks as “a bunch of bull.” She later asked Graves to bypass Congress and shuttle dozens of pieces of special interest legislation authored by CBC members to the president so he could enact them using executive authority.
“Let’s be honest”, Richardson said. “We have met with the president. We are asking you in the capacity of your position [at the council on] jobs, are you willing to review our bills, to work with us?”
“You may not feel like the president is listening to you, but he hears you loud and clear,” Graves said. And of course, he blamed “folks who are going to stand in the way and block the legislation that the Congressional Black Caucus has proposed.”
Waters interrupted him. “What people are you talking about?” she said, according to the Miami Herald. “Say tea party. Say it!”
Graves did, though the Post described him as doing so “reluctantly.” “It was tea party Republicans,” he said.
In our Non-Council category, the winner was Walter Russel Mead’s piece over at Via Meadia – New Blue Nightmare: Clarence Thomas and the Amendment of Doom submitted by The Glittering Eye.
Interestingly enough, it bookended theme wise in some respects with our winner in the Council category. It was Mead’s interesting dissection of Jeffry Toobin’s piece in the New Yorker, where after years of racist claptrap from the Left declaring Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas an idiot and an Uncle Tom,the Left is slowly waking up to the fact that Justice Thomas has become a forceful intellectual leader of the Court who could become the Left’s worse nightmare.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – Do Blacks Realize They’ve Been Played By Obama?
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Bookworm Room – Learning curves, intelligence and Rick Perry
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – The Razor – The Hype Over Obama’s Intellect
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Right Truth – What If The US Had Not Responded As We Did After 9/11?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Adventures Of Abu Muqawama
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Noisy Room – Panetta and R2P to Usher in the American Fall
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Al Gore: climate change skeptics are like old southern racists
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – On The Booming Apology Business
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – First Amendment Prevails In Florida Teacher Case!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – RedState, Erick Erickson and Jamie Radtke Have Explosive Breakup
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Barack Obama’s Billy Carter? Meet Uncle Omar!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Hate Scouts
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Via Media – New Blue Nightmare: Clarence Thomas and the Amendment of Doom submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – The Contentious Centrist – About Teachers And Moral Courage submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Gun Powder And Lead – On ‘Women and the commentariat’ submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Sister Toldjah – Quote of the Day: Melissa Clouthier on pundits worried about political “form” – plus commentary submitted by Right Truth
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Accuracy In Media – Ron Paul Reportedly Cuts Ties to Russian Channel submitted by New Zeal
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Chive – Not Cool, Best Buy (1 Photo) submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Caroline Glick – Glenn Beck’s Revealing Visit submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Open Market.Org – No, the Government Didn’t Cut Spending During the Great Depression, and More Government Spending Won’t Fix the Economy submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Barry Rubin – A Lesson from Egypt for American Politics submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Naked Capitalism/Matt Stoller – What Eric Schneiderman Reveals About Obama submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – American Thinker – Virginia’s Political Earthquake, and Its Little Hurricane submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Daniel Pipes – Obama’s Pretend Counterterrorism Policy submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Pajamas Media/Roger L. Simon – Krugman Against Science submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Ace of Spades HQ – Extremely Well-Rested and Relaxed President Cuts 10 Day Vacation Short By One Day s submitted by Snapped Shot
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Doug Ross – Mission Accomplished! submitted by The Watcher