Hurricane Irene via NASA
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week, carved eternally in the akahshic records of cyberspace.
The problem with race-baiting and identity politics as practiced by the Left is that different groups eventually have conflicting and competing goals and each one demands its pound of flesh… which results in problems satisfying everyone.
This week’s winner, Do Blacks Realize They’ve Been Played By Obama? by Joshuapundit examines this problem in detail and also reveals the new narrative being used to try and paper over the conflict by creating a brand distraction – hatred directed towards ‘racist Tea Party Republicans.’ Here’s a slice:
It was a fairly tense scene at a Congressional Black Caucus- sponsored event in Miami, where President Obama’s executive director of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Don Graves had to dodge heated questions from the likes of Maxine Waters ( D-CA) and Laura Richardson (D-Ca) in front of a fairly hostile crowd.
In his remarks, Graves said that the president is “focused on every community across the country” but when he attempted some careful race pandering, saying that “certain communities have been hit harder than other communities,” Waters pushed him. “Let me hear you say ‘black,’” the California Democrat yelled.
As the crowd cheered, The Washington Post said in its report on the event that Graves tried backtracking, saying: “black, African-American, Latino — we’re going to focus on getting people back to work.”
Notice what groups this fine public servant, who gets paid a handsome salary by all of the American people left out.
Rep. Laura Richardson (D-Calif.), who being an expert practitioner herself knows a lie when she hears it referred to Graves’ remarks as “a bunch of bull.” She later asked Graves to bypass Congress and shuttle dozens of pieces of special interest legislation authored by CBC members to the president so he could enact them using executive authority.
“Let’s be honest”, Richardson said. “We have met with the president. We are asking you in the capacity of your position [at the council on] jobs, are you willing to review our bills, to work with us?”
“You may not feel like the president is listening to you, but he hears you loud and clear,” Graves said. And of course, he blamed “folks who are going to stand in the way and block the legislation that the Congressional Black Caucus has proposed.”
Waters interrupted him. “What people are you talking about?” she said, according to the Miami Herald. “Say tea party. Say it!”
Graves did, though the Post described him as doing so “reluctantly.” “It was tea party Republicans,” he said.
In our Non-Council category, the winner was Walter Russel Mead’s piece over at Via Meadia – New Blue Nightmare: Clarence Thomas and the Amendment of Doom submitted by The Glittering Eye.
Interestingly enough, it bookended theme wise in some respects with our winner in the Council category. It was Mead’s interesting dissection of Jeffry Toobin’s piece in the New Yorker, where after years of racist claptrap from the Left declaring Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas an idiot and an Uncle Tom,the Left is slowly waking up to the fact that Justice Thomas has become a forceful intellectual leader of the Court who could become the Left’s worse nightmare.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – Do Blacks Realize They’ve Been Played By Obama?
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Bookworm Room – Learning curves, intelligence and Rick Perry
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – The Razor – The Hype Over Obama’s Intellect
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Right Truth – What If The US Had Not Responded As We Did After 9/11?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Adventures Of Abu Muqawama
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Noisy Room – Panetta and R2P to Usher in the American Fall
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Al Gore: climate change skeptics are like old southern racists
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – On The Booming Apology Business
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – First Amendment Prevails In Florida Teacher Case!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – RedState, Erick Erickson and Jamie Radtke Have Explosive Breakup
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Barack Obama’s Billy Carter? Meet Uncle Omar!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Hate Scouts
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Via Media – New Blue Nightmare: Clarence Thomas and the Amendment of Doom submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – The Contentious Centrist – About Teachers And Moral Courage submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Gun Powder And Lead – On ‘Women and the commentariat’ submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Sister Toldjah – Quote of the Day: Melissa Clouthier on pundits worried about political “form” – plus commentary submitted by Right Truth
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Accuracy In Media – Ron Paul Reportedly Cuts Ties to Russian Channel submitted by New Zeal
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Chive – Not Cool, Best Buy (1 Photo) submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Caroline Glick – Glenn Beck’s Revealing Visit submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Open Market.Org – No, the Government Didn’t Cut Spending During the Great Depression, and More Government Spending Won’t Fix the Economy submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Barry Rubin – A Lesson from Egypt for American Politics submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Naked Capitalism/Matt Stoller – What Eric Schneiderman Reveals About Obama submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – American Thinker – Virginia’s Political Earthquake, and Its Little Hurricane submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Daniel Pipes – Obama’s Pretend Counterterrorism Policy submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Pajamas Media/Roger L. Simon – Krugman Against Science submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Ace of Spades HQ – Extremely Well-Rested and Relaxed President Cuts 10 Day Vacation Short By One Day s submitted by Snapped Shot
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Doug Ross – Mission Accomplished! submitted by The Watcher