From: Accuracy in Media
While there has been a lot of he said – she said about the Congressional Black Caucus Convention last week, it seems no one sought to report on the deeper purpose of the meeting. Accuracy in Media’s Benjamin Johnson covered black Americans’ feelings toward President Obama and the state of our Republic…gathering exclusive reactions from movie stars, civil rights leaders, athletes, politicians, military heroes and a Nigerian priest in the process.
After two days of extensive reporting, we discovered true diversity within the Congressional Black Caucus.
The U.C. Berkeley College Republicans struck a national nerve today by holding a bake sale with racially discriminatory pricing: Higher prices for white and Asian students, lower prices for black, Hispanic and female students. Why the intentional discrimination? To protest a pending new statewide law, SB 185, which attempts to re-introduce Affirmative Action into university admission standards, something that was banned years ago with California’s Proposition 209, a popular constitutional amendment requiring race-neutral admissions.
The purposely inflammatory gag was very clever: the goal was to make everyone point out how racist the cupcake prices were, at which point the young Republicans reply, “Exactly! Racial discrimination is unfair. Thanks for making our point for us!”
But the leftists on campus and around the state instead flew into a blind rage: The joke was too effective, so Affirmative Action proponents simply pretended to “not get it.” Accusations of racism flew back and forth and before anyone knew it we had a major FUBAR situation on our hands.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
First off, a shout out from me to the Council for their assistance and good will this week… much appreciated! And for those of you whom celebrate it, L’Shanah Tovah Tikatevu.
You can too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to the ‘Contact Me’ page at Joshuapundit and post a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Joshuapundit – Can Israel Survive?
- The Noisy Room – Man of the Hour – Herman Cain
- Bookworm Room – Elizabeth Warren — mob boss
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Instability Arc
- The Glittering Eye – The Other Buffett Rule
- The Political Commentator – White House shills defecting as AP debunks the President on taxes!
- The Razor – The French Lady of the Mountains
- New Zeal – Red Reps 14: Scoop! Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva’s Communist Party Connections
- VA Right! – Scott Brown Opponent Elizabeth Warren Is an Idiot! The Factory PAID for the IMPROVEMENTS!
- Rhymes With Right – Court Upholds Rule Of Law, Union Complains
- Right Truth – Hooking Up With Fox News, Google Is Not Stupid
- Simply Jews – Iranian army parading into the future
- The Colossus of Rhodey – I wonder about this
- Snapped Shot – Social Awesomeness
- The Grouch – Suddenly Obama is Worried About Ventilation?
- The Mellow Jihadi – Vladimir Putin, Lover
- Liberty’s Spirit – Irvine 11 Guilty Guilty Guilty
- Capitalist Preservation – Mrs. Obama, mmmmmm! You sure look smokin’ hot in that outfit!
- Milpundit – Many Are The Armies of Darkness submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish – Serfs In Warrenville submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Diplomat – U.S. takes gloves off with Pakistan submitted by Bookworm Room
- Foreign Affairs – Admiral Mullen Takes on The ISI submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Conservative Black Chick – Obama to Blacks: Take Off Your Bedroom Slippers; Stop Complaining submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Rightwing Nuthouse – Vladimir Putin: Act II submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sipsey Street Irregulars – U.S. Gov’t used an ATF employee to buy weapons with taxpayer money & walk them — without help from straw buyers! submitted by The Razor
- Jihad Watch – Sharif El-Gamal, the man behind the Islamic supremacist Ground Zero Mosque, has an extensive criminal past submitted by VA Right!
- Gonzalo Lira – What I learned AT Dartmouth submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Right, Wing-Nut! – Rick Perry: An Honest Supporter of Israel, and The Jews… submitted by Right Truth
- Mick Hartley – Making the wrong decision submitted by Simply Jews
- Discriminations – Post- Post-Partisan Obama And The Confederate Races Of America submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Grouch – Reassessing the Republican Candidates submitted by The Watcher
- Right Planet – Cultural Marxism and the Death of Belief submitted by The Watcher
- John Hawkins/Pajamas Media – Hey Lady Gaga, Kids Have a Time-Tested Answer for Bullies: Punch Them in the Mouth submitted by The Watcher
- Ted’s Take – Class Warfare – Yuck! submitted by The Watcher