The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up, carved eternally in the akhasic records of cyberspace.
International Holocaust Remembrance Day elicits different reactions from different people…but as this week’s winner, Joshuapundit’s Glorifying Evil shows, word and deed are a mismatch for a lot of them, especially when it comes to aiding and abetting those who are perfectly willing to take a second try at a new Holocaust. Here’s a slice:
The Palestinian Authority had its own way of commemorating International Holocaust Remembrance Day this year.
They chose that occasion to have official Fatah-run Palestinian TV glorify the murderers of the Fogel family.
You might remember the Fogels.
They were a young family living in the Jewish community of Itamar who were at home, relaxing after the Sabbath. On March 11, 2011, two Arabs affiliated with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine(PFLP) Hakim Awad and Amjad Muhammad Fawzi Awad carried out an assault they had planned in advance, cutting through a security fence, breaking into the Fogel’s home and murdering the five members of the family pictured above, including a 3-month-old baby. They butchered them without even the regard a slaughterer usually gives to an animal.
The two were captured by the Shin Bet, tried in Israeli courts and sentenced to consecutive life terms since Israel has no capital punishment. Neither ever expressed the slightest remorse.
Last week,official ‘Palestinian’ TV broadcast greetings to the two murderers on a show called ‘For You’, dedicated to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons.
Hakim Awad’s mother was an honored guest, praising the two killers as ‘heroes’ and referring to Hakim as her “dear son.”
Hakim’s aunt also participated, also calling the two murderers “heroes,” and calling Awad “the hero, the legend” with the enthusiastic approval from show’s host.
The producers of the program and its host knew in advance that the callers were relatives of the Fogel murderers and introduced them to the audience while text with the names of the callers appeared at the bottom of the screen: “Prisoner Hakim Awad’s family / Awarta – Nablus.”
Not one western leader condemned it.
Upon doing a little further research through one of my sources in a direct position to know, I found out that both Awads are on the list of those ‘Palestinian’ terrorists whose families receive an official monthly salary directly from the Palestinian Authority while they’re in prison.
Now, it shouldn’t be any great shock to anyone that the ‘Palestinian Authority’ and Mahmoud Abbas consider murdering Jews and Jewish children in particular to be praiseworthy and something to be rewarded financially. Nor should it surprise anyone that those whom murder Jews are held up as role models and heroes. Mahmoud Abbas and Fatah, after all, are the same folks who made child murderer Sami Kuntar an honorary ‘Palestinian’ citizen and gave him a hero’s welcome after he was released in a prisoner swap, the same people who name public buildings and streets after murderers and teach their children about the virtues of killing Jews in their mosques and schools.
My quarrel here isn’t with them because I expect nothing else. Based on what they teach their children and the sort of people they make heroes out of, they are whom and what they are, and one doesn’t blame a mad dog when he bites someone – you simply deal with the situation so he doesn’t bite anyone again.
But I am quite sick to death of another entirely different group of people.
As I mentioned, the program in question aired right around what is supposedly an international day of recognition and remembrance of the victims of the Holocaust.From all over the EU, various politicians issued statements about the horrors of the Holocaust and voiced their resolve that it should never happen again, some of them quite eloquently. The Norwegians, one of the most anti-Semitic nations in Europe surprised everyone by finally admitting that yes, we did help the Nazis round up our Jews and deport them, and we were pretty enthusiastic about it too. Sorry about that! It only took them until 1998, close to 60 years to get around to finally compensating those survivors who were still alive for property that was seized from them way back in 1942. I suppose this latest apology pretty much cleans the slate for the Norwegians are as far as they’re concerned.
Our own president weighed in with his signature baritone, saying that United States would “pledge to speak truth to those who deny the Holocaust.”
“As we celebrate the strength and resilience of survivors, we pledge to stand strong against all those who would commit atrocities, against the resurgence of anti-Semitism, and against hatred in all its forms.”
Admirable sentiments, all worthy of applause.
Until it hits you.
Where’s Fatah getting the money every month to pay the Awads and all the other genocidal killers in Israeli prisons? Where do the funds the PA passes on to to Hamas come from? Where did they get the cash to build a girl’s school named after Dalal Mughrabi, whose claim to fame was leading a band of ‘Palestinian’ killers in the hijack of a bus and the murder of 13 children, some of them Americans? How do the salaries of Fatah’s al-Aksa Martyr’s Brigade get paid, and how are the schools, media and mosques that teach genocide as heroism and ‘martyrdom’ funded?
They’re funded by the very same people that made such pious and stirring declarations on International Holocaust Remembrance Day, including our president. The money comes from the EU, from UNRWA, from USAid, and from the IMF.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Lt. Colonel Daniel L. Davis in the Armed Forces Journal for Truth, lies and Afghanistan submitted by The Watcher. It’s an amazingly outspoken piece that tears away the pretty lies and tells you what’s really going on there and what our warriors have to deal with.
Here are this week’s full results. New Zeal was unable to vote this week and was affected by the mandatory 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – Glorifying Evil
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – The Mellow Jihadi – Slab City, Navy Town
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor – Automate This – The Nature of Work in the 21st Century
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – VA Right! – For Unto Whom Much is Given
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – OK to rip the KKK; al Qaeda, not so much
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Noisy Room – On the Road to Armageddon – Moving Ragnarok to the Middle East
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Obama: Are Jews finally catching on?
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room – The Narcissistic Mindset of Today’s World
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – Tehran: HOT under the collar
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – New Zeal – “Iran’s Latin America Ties Pose Threat to US”
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Is The Tea Party Dead?
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Armed Forces Journal – Truth, lies and Afghanistan submitted by The Watcher
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The People’s Cube – The Teachings of Jesus and Obama: A Reference Chart submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Niall Ferguson – Israel and Iran on the Eve of Destruction in a New Six-Day War submitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – The Economic Collapse Blog – If The Economy Is Improving… submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Sad Red Earth – ‘Israel Firster’: Anatomy of a Smear submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – World Net Daily/Reza Kahlili – Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ayaan Hirsi Ali – The Global War on Christians in the Muslim World submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – James Delingpole – How Green Zealots Are Destroying The Planet submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Now Lebanon – Egypt’s Christians, post-Mubarak submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Sultan Knish – A Tale of Two Republican Parties submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – ZenPundit – Nagl: “COIN is not Dead!” submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Seraphic Secrets – Three Notable War Movies submitted by The Watcher