Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
By: Jeffrey Klein
Political Buzz Examiner
This morning, the U.S. Commerce Department released the second quarter GDP growth figure, which at 1.5 percent met street expectations that were already severely reduced by 25 percent from the already anemic 2.0 percent first quarter GDP figure.
In a parallel historical context, in the 1992 presidential election year the second quarter GDP rate was 3.4 percent, which propelled Bill Clinton’s 370 to 168 electoral vote victory over first term President George H.W. Bush, using the plank … “It’s the economy, stupid!”
It could well be that the Q2 GDP figure will act like a proverbial iceberg blowing a hole in the below-waterline hull of the 2012 Obama reelection campaign–sinking it like the Titanic.
But, as usual there are two interpretations to the news.
The Romney campaign quickly convened media conference call, to declare that the disastrous Q2 GDP growth figure is the latest sign that the economy under Barack Obama’s watch simply cannot produce enough growth to put millions of jobless Americans back to work, according to a FOXNews article today.
Romney economic adviser Dean Glenn Hubbard had this to say…
It’s a picture of a decelerating economy … At that pattern, the economy simply will never return to full employment.
The White House, in a desperate search for a ‘bright side,’ trotted out the third person to hold the Chairmanship of the President’s Council of Economic Advisers, Alan Krueger, whose spin was that–technically–the economy is still growing.
Today’s report shows that the economy posted its twelfth straight quarter of positive growth … While the economy continues to move in the right direction, additional growth is needed to replace the jobs lost in the deep recession that began at the end of 2007.
Trading Economics (TE), which provides its users with accurate information for 232 countries including historical data for more than 300.000 economic indicators, called it like this…
The deceleration in real GDP in the second quarter primarily reflected a deceleration in ‘Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE).
The TE historical U.S. Quarterly GDP performance bar graph clearly indicates that we may be in for a ‘double-dip’ recession, as Wall Street would characterize the “trend line” of the past four quarters appears to be a small ‘dead-cat bounce’ from a two quarter recovery.
When the past 8 quarters is considered, the overarching trend, since President Obama signed his ‘landmark’ Obamacare legislation into law March 2012, is a virtually uninterrupted linear plunge of quarterly GDP growth from 3.8 to the current 1.5 percent.
Dan Greenhaus, chief economic strategist at BTIG LLC arrived at this conclusion…
The main take away from today’s report, the specifics aside, is that the U.S. economy is barely growing … Along with a reduction in the actual amount of money companies were able to make, it’s no wonder the unemployment rate cannot move lower.
This “trail” of economic destruction is also evidenced by the 2010 U.S. Census Bureau statistics released this past week, which showed that 223,000 American businesses, with up to 99 employees each, failed between 2008 and 2010–taking 3.1 million workers with them, according to a FOXNews article yesterday.
According to the results of Rasmussen’s Weekly Presidential Tracking Poll from last week–capturing the fallout from Obama’s pivotal spontaneous utterance … “you didn’t make that [successful business],” added another point to the Romney camp, who now enjoy a five point, 49 to 44 advantage over the president. And to the question of who is trusted more to handle the economy–Romney has a 49 to 43 advantage over Obama.
What do you think the Rasmussen poll results next Friday reveal, once the populace absorbs all the bad news from this week?
Sound-minded Independents, who were still considering a vote for Barack Obama, will have responded to the blaring emergency horns and the command to “Abandon Ship!”
By: Trevor Loudon
Here is the up to date itinerary of Trevor Loudon’s US tour:
So far he will be speaking in Oregon, Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, California, New Jersey, Colorado, Georgia, Philadelphia, Montana, Wisconsin and Ohio.
There are still several open days to fill, so if you’d like Mr. Loudon to speak at your event or to interview him, please contact him at [email protected]
- Friday, July 27, 2012 Dallas, TX Restoring Love – Glenn Beck
- Saturday, July 28, 2012 Dallas, TX Restoring Love – Glenn Beck
- Sunday, July 29, 2012 Research
- Monday, July 30, 2012 Research
- Tuesday, July 31, 2012 Research
- Wednesday, August 01, 2012 Lake Oswego, OR Co-speak with Yvonne Donnelly, US Chair for 912ers
- Thursday, August 02, 2012 Open
- Friday, August 03, 2012 Open
- Saturday, August 04, 2012 Salem, OR Gathering of the Eagles
- Sunday, August 05, 2012 Open
- Monday, August 06, 2012 Phoenix, AZ 2012 Project
- Tuesday, August 07, 2012 Sun City West, AZ Surprise Tea Party
- Wednesday, August 08, 2012 Flagstaff, AZ Flagstaff Tea Party
- Thursday, August 09, 2012 Tucson, AZ ALRA Townhall
- Friday, August 10, 2012 Phoenix/Deer Valley, AZ Phoenix/Deer Valley Tea Party
- Saturday, August 11, 2012 Phoenix, AZ A Call to Rights
- Sunday, August 12, 2012 Phoenix, AZ to Chicago, IL
- Monday, August 13, 2012 Lemont, IL Lemont Tea Party
- Tuesday, August 14, 2012 Libertyville, IL Northern Patriots
- Wednesday, August 15, 2012 Chicago, IL Chicago Tea Party
- Thursday, August 16, 2012 Illinois Awaking of America
- Friday, August 17, 2012 Open
- Saturday, August 18, 2012 Wheaton, IL Illinois Tea Party Coordinators
- Sunday, August 19, 2012 Chicago, IL to Boston, MA
- Monday, August 20, 2012 Falmouth, MA Cape and Islands Tea Party
- Tuesday, August 21, 2012 Northbororough, MA Northbororough Free Library
- Wednesday, August 22, 2012 Pembroke, MA Plymouth Rock Tea Party
- Thursday, August 23, 2012 Open
- Friday, August 24, 2012 MA Open
- Saturday, August 25, 2012 Open
- Sunday, August 26, 2012 Boston, MA To Tampa Bay, FL
- Monday, August 27, 2012 Tampa Bay, FL Republican National Convention
- Tuesday, August 28, 2012 Tampa Bay, FL Republican National Convention
- Wednesday, August 29, 2012 Tampa Bay, FL Republican National Convention
- Thursday, August 30, 2012 Tampa Bay, FL Republican National Convention
- Friday, August 31, 2012 Medford, NJ Reserved for NJ Tea Parties
- Saturday, September 01, 2012 Mays Landing, NJ
- Sunday, September 02, 2012 Reserved for NJ Tea Parties
- Monday, September 03, 2012 Reserved for NJ Tea Parties
- Tuesday, September 04, 2012 Elmer, NJ Greenwich Tea Party of NJ
- Wednesday, September 05, 2012 NJ Open
- Thursday, September 06, 2012 NJ Open
- Friday, September 07, 2012 NJ Open
- Saturday, September 08, 2012 The Villages, FL Florida Faith and Freedom Rally
- Sunday, September 09, 2012 The Villages, FL Faith and Freedom Rally
- Monday, September 10, 2012 The Villages, FL Tri-County Tea Party
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012 Port Saint Lucie, FL The Staint Lucie County Young Republicans
- Wednesday, September 12, 2012 Florida Open
- Thursday, September 13, 2012 Florida Open
- Friday, September 14, 2012 Florida Open
- Saturday, September 15, 2012 Crystal River, FL Citrus County Tea Party Patriots
- Sunday, September 16, 2012 Florida Open
- Monday, September 17, 2012 Florida Open
- Tuesday, September 18, 2012 Brandenton, FL Tea Party Manatee
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012 Florida Open
- Thursday, September 20, 2012 Delany, FL Deland 912 Patriots
- Friday, September 21, 2012 Miami, FL to Denver, CO
- Saturday, September 22, 2012 Colorado Rocky Mountain Freedom Festival
- Sunday, September 23, 2012 Colorado Rocky Mountain Freedom Festival
- Monday, September 24, 2012 Longmont, CO The Longmont 9.12 Tea Party & Longmont Republican Women
- Tuesday, September 25, 2012 Grand Junction, CO Western Slope Constitutional Patriots
- Wednesday, September 26, 2012 Durango, CO Four Corners Restoration
- Thursday, September 27, 2012 Colorado Springs, CO Private Conservative Group
- Friday, September 28, 2012 Denver, CO Tea Party
- Saturday, September 29, 2012 Colorado Private Event
- Sunday, September 30, 2012 Denver, CO To Atlanta, GA
- Monday, October 01, 2012 Open
- Tuesday, October 02, 2012 Buckhead, Atlanta, GA Ronald Reagan Victory Dinner
- Wednesday, October 03, 2012 San Diego, CA Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Thursday, October 04, 2012 San Diego, CA Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Friday, October 05, 2012 Peninsula, CA
- Saturday, October 06, 2012 Santa Clara, CA
- Sunday, October 07, 2012 CA To Philadelphia, PA
- Monday, October 08, 2012 Voorhees, NJ Cherry Hill Tea Party
- Tuesday, October 09, 2012 West Bergen, NJ West Bergen Tea Party
- Wednesday, October 10, 2012 Somerset, NJ Somerset County Tea Party Org.
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 Morristown, NJ Morristown Tea Party
- Friday, October 12, 2012 NJ New Jersey Tea Parties
- Saturday, October 13, 2012 NJ New Jersey Tea Parties
- Sunday, October 14, 2012 New York To Europe
- Monday, October 15, 2012 Europe
- Tuesday, October 16, 2012 Europe
- Wednesday, October 17, 2012 Europe to Denver, CO to Billings, MT
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 Billings, MT
- Friday, October 19, 2012 Billings, MT
- Saturday, October 20, 2012 Bozeman, MT
- Sunday, October 21, 2012 Boseman, MT to Wisconsin
- Monday, October 22, 2012 Wisconsin Open
- Tuesday, October 23, 2012 Wisconsin Open
- Wednesday, October 24, 2012 Wisconsin Open
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 Wisconsin to Cinncinatti, OH
- Friday, October 26, 2012 Blue Ash, OH Cincinnati 912 Project
- Saturday, October 27, 2012 Ohio Open
- Sunday, October 28, 2012 Open
- Monday, October 29, 2012 Open
- Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Open
- Wednesday, October 31, 2012 Open
- Thursday, November 01, 2012 Open
- Friday, November 02, 2012 Open
- Saturday, November 03, 2012 Open
- Sunday, November 04, 2012 to Denver, CO
- Monday, November 05, 2012 Colorado
- Tuesday, November 06, 2012 Colorado
- Wednesday, November 07, 2012 Denver, CO to LA; return to New Zealand
By: Trevor Loudon
Just had several wonderful days in Oklahoma. Went from the 40 degrees Fahrenheit Christchurch winter to the 109 degree Oklahoma summer!!!!!
I spoke at five meetings in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Chickasha and Ringwood.
There is a lot of pro-liberty energy in this state and I was very well received wherever I went.
I visited the Oklahoma City bombing memorial, which was very poignant; H&H Gunshop in OKC, which was amazing; several great restaurants (Oklahoma steaks are superb); some extremely inspiring churches and radio studios.
Tulsa was beautiful and brought a great crowd, the Chickisha Tea Partiers were inspiring, the Ringwood conservatives were the most wonderful heartlanders you could imagine and the OKC people looked after (and fed me) me like a prince.
I met several serving politicians and some very impressive candidates. If every state was like Oklahoma, this great country wouldn’t have too much to worry about.
Thanks to CN, Molly, Kevin, Jayne, Elaine, Naomi, Bob, Scott, Debbie, Carol, Rex, Robyn, Paul, Paul, Mark, Dewey, Nancy, Mike, Tamalyn, Glen and all the other amazing patriots I met in the “Sooner’ state. I hope to return in the not too distant future.