Happy Birthday, Elvis!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Independent Sentinel – Barre VT Mayor Attempts Legislating Gun Control By Fiat
- The Political Commentator – Political equation: Obama + Muslim Brotherhood = ? (Video)
- Joshuapundit – The Hagel And Brennan Nominations And What They Tell Us about Obama
- The Noisy Room – Home of the Enslaved
- Simply Jews – Russia: already grieving about Chavez
- The Right Planet – The Thief-in-Chief Just Stuck It To Those Making Less Than 30K!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – End of Arab Monarchies?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Stan Lee Had It Right
- Bookworm Room – Progressives truly don’t understand the difference between wealth and money
- The Mellow Jihadi – Mohamed Mohamud and #MyJihad
- The Glittering Eye – The Process
- Rhymes With Right – Senator Ted Cruz
- VA Right! – Dem Connolly the ONLY Va Congressman to Vote FOR “Fiscal Cliff” Bill and $4 Trillion in NEW DEBT!
- The Razor – If You Have To Ask Who The Sucker Is…
- Gay Patriot – Journalists incredulous that Obamacare means higher health care costs
- Liberty’s Spirit – Some Other Reasons to Vote No on Hagel
- The Pirate’s Cove – Surprise! Iran Thrilled By Chuck Hagel Nomination
- Ask Marion – Hillary Doesn’t Deserve Our Admiration or Another Shot at the Presidency
- CNS News – Pelosi, Van Hollen, Durbin: Americans Still Not Taxed Enough submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Daily Caller – Pelosi urges Obama to sidestep Congress, use 14th Amendment to raise debt ceiling submitted by The Political Commentator
- PJ Media/Andrew Klavan – Why So Serious? Is Conservative Despair Justified? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Bob Owens – Let it begin here submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Contentious Centrist – I don’t Get it submitted by Simply Jews
- Kira Davis – Not In My Hood submitted by The Right Planet
- Globlogization – A Nat’l Security Team To Heal The Force submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- In These Times… – In Defense of Sports submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Wolf Howling – Guns, Equality, A Land Where “Thieves Rule The Night,” & An Insane NYT “News Analysis” (Updated) submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ashley Herzog/TownHall – Girls With Guns submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Kausfiles/The Daily Beast – Obama’s “no spending problem” fallacy submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Commentary/Alana Goodman – Hagel: Let the Jews Pay for it submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Right Scoop – Levin: If Obama seizes congressional power to borrow and spend, he should be impeached submitted by VA Right!
- New Statesman – Nassim Nicholas Taleb: A thinker with an antifragile ego submitted by The Razor
- Bruce Thornton – A New Year in America; Will We Continue Down the Road to Decline? submitted by The Watcher
- Gates Of Vienna – If You Elect Idiots, You Get Chaos submitted by The Watcher