The Office of the Press Secretary sent out the following list of all 23 executive actions.
Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
MORE FROM THE GUN VIOLENCE EVENT:
TRANSCRIPT: Read Obama, Biden’s Remarks on Gun Control Proposals
VIDEO: Obama Reads Letters From Kids at WH Event
WATCH: President Obama Lays Out Gun Control Measures, Addresses Sandy Hook Victims’ Loved Ones
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
By: Lloyd Marcus
I was around nine years old when dad took me to see the movie, “The Ten Commandments,” starring Charlton Heston at the Town Theater in downtown Baltimore. It was a big deal for us because the theater had just begun admitting blacks.
Etched in my brain is the scene when Moses came down from the mountain to witness the Israelites engrossed in an orgy of self-indulgence celebrating the new god they created, a golden calf. They had abandoned God to worship a man-made false god.
I chastised fellow black Christians for worshiping a false god of skin-color, monolithic voting to give Obama a second term despite their awareness of his anti-biblical agenda. However, I have come to realize that the insidious spirit of the anti-Christ emanating from the Obama Administration has spread far and wide.
All historical rules for winning and losing elections do not apply to Obama. His political bullying power and irrational status as a cult hero are unprecedented.
But here is the kicker and the most scariest truth about America’s zombie-like loyalty to Obama. November 6, 2012, half the country, which includes millions of Christians, chose a Democrat and media man-made “golden man” idol as their “new” Lord and Savior. Amazingly, actor and Obama disciple Jamie Foxx admitted it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZltKs9g-utk
While Obama appears to be the “golden” idol and focus of worship, America’s real new false god is Government, hidden inside, behind Obama’s well-crafted shiny gold exterior.
The Israelites surrendered the gold items (their inheritance) brought with them from Egypt to build their new golden calf idol. In like fashion, Democrats and the media convinced millions of Americans to surrender their biblical principles, freedom and liberty (their birthright) to build a golden idol of government. Many Americans have abandoned God to worship Government, a new supposed all-powerful and all-giving man-made false god. Dear Lord, help us!
The Bible warns that false prophets will arise and deceive many. (Matthew 24:4-5)
Obama is a false prophet. He persuaded millions to vote their vested interest, sacrificing biblical principles, law, freedom and liberty. I am hearing of more black Christian pastors in worship of their new god Obama/Government, coming out in favor of gay marriage. While Jesus praised investors and rebuked the coward afraid to invest in the parable of the talents, Obama has demonized investors – branding them reckless and greedy.
God’s word says prosperity is achieved via hard work. “You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you.” – Psalms 128:2
Proverbs 10: 4 “Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.”
Obama, in essence, calls God a liar by declaring that prosperity is achieved via government redistribution. http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2012/09/20/the_fallacy_of_redistribution/page/full/
Rest assured, Democrats and the media will pull out all the stops to make Obama’s second inauguration just short of the second coming – an All-Hail-to-Our-King/Messiah spectacular. I wouldn’t put it pass Obama’s special effects buddies in Hollywood to arrange for his entrance to feature him descending from the heavens on a cloud as Beyonce and a mass choir sings “Hosanna to Our King.”
As in the movie, “The Ten Commandments,” Obama’s inauguration will be an orgy of idolatry in worship of the Left’s golden man who is really fronting for their god, Government. Millions will offer up tears of admiration.
The American Left (Socialists/Progressives) are elated. Finally, there is a new god in town and it “ain’t” the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob nor our Founding Fathers. Is the Left’s jubilation justified? Do a majority of Americans now look to Obama/Government to supply ALL their needs, including deciding who lives and who dies (death panels buried in Obamacare), rather than the God on which our country was founded? http://www.afn.org/~govern/Christian_Nation.html
Unquestionably, Obama’s reelection has emboldened his disciples to politically bludgeon us into submission to their Godless agenda. For example: Obama-ites are attempting to bully/punish the Pope and the Catholic Church for not embracing homosexuality. http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013/01/06/white-house-petition-declares-catholic-church-a-hate-group/
Using typical Democrat tactics of lies and misdirection, Obama-ites claimed conservatives had a “War on Women,” while hiding their real horrific War on Babies. Planned Parenthood’s annual report showed record profits and a record number of abortions, 333,964 in 2011. http://washingtonexaminer.com/planned-parenthood-reports-record-year-for-abortions/article/2517801#.UOwfvXdGLqe I wonder if the geniuses who could have cured Cancer and AIDS were among the murdered?
Taxpayers, against their will, funded PP with $542 million. Further usurping divine authority and sticking his finger in the eye of God, Obama has decreed (mandated in Obamacare) that Christians will fund abortion and contraceptive services against their faith.
My fellow Americans, we are in the midst of a cultural and spiritual war for the heart, mind and soul of America. Moses asked, “Who is on the Lord’s side, let him come unto me.” I ask the same.
Join us at ConservativeCampaignCommittee.org
Lloyd Marcus, Proud Unhyphenated American
Chairman, Conservative Campaign Committee
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to James O’Keefe, of course!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Battered America Syndrome
- The Political Commentator – Can the Obama administration be compared to the Taliban…
- Simply Jews – Chuck Hagel controversy and beyond
- Joshuapundit – U.S. Agrees To Allow Taliban To Open ‘Political Office’ In Qatar As Obama Declares War Lost
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – France Goes To War
- The Razor – What The Buddha Can Teach Democrats and Republicans
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Progressives” and their enemies
- The Right Planet – Disunity in the Republic
- Bookworm Room – Adam Carollas newest Prager U video about our ability to change is very, very important
- Rhymes With Right – Note To Anti-Gunnites
- VA Right! – Obama! If You Overreach We Must Impeach!
- The Glittering Eye – Why Is Chicago’s Murder Rate Higher?
- The Independent Sentinel – Obamahood’s Plan for the Middle Class
- The Mellow Jihadi – Suicide Curses the Navy, Again
- Gay Patriot – Addressing the GOPs image problem
- Ask Marion – Another Coincidence… How Many Can There Be?
- Right Reason – No Gun Control Through Presidential Executive Order
- The Pirate’s Cove – Portman: Obama Misses The Point On Debt Ceiling
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Magazine – Why is a Gambler from Hong Kong Funding the Pro-Hagel Campaign? submitted by The Noisy Room
- Beliefnet – She survived Hitler and wants to warn America submitted by The Political Commentator
- Treppenwitz – What an awkwardly worded denial! submitted by Simply Jews
- Mark Steyn – ObamaCare’s Other Shoe submitted by Joshuapundit
- Charlemagne/The Economist – France Goes It Alone submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Peter Berger/American Interest – Why are there no humanist funerals? submitted by The Razor
- The First Street Journal – Yes, Mr President, we do have a spending problem, a huge spending problem, and you are the reason why. submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Jed Babbin/American Spectator – The Unserious Gun Control Debate submitted by The Right Planet
- Commentary/Seth Mandel – Joe Biden told you so submitted by Bookworm Room
- Moore To The Point – Louie Giglio and the New State Church submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Human Events – Rand Paul VS. King Barack I submitted by VA Right!
- Liberty Law Blog – Depardieu, Heal Thyself submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michelle Malkin – What I most admire about James O’Keefe… submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- ZenPundit – Battling bus ads revisited submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Defining Ideas – Obama Puts the World at Risk submitted by Gay Patriot
- Jim DeMint – Conservative ideas need a new message submitted by The Watcher
- Steve McCann/American Thinker – I will not Be Intimidated submitted by The Watcher