By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
Or should I say… return of the minority hippies versus conservatives. Both are true.
Zombie is back baby… in the streets of San Francisco during the co-celebrations of Roe vs. Wade and the Walk for life. 1000 leftist freaks paraded their dubious wares, as opposed to 50,000 walking for life in protest against abortion. Yes, it was that lopsided and there may be hope for the City by the Bay yet.
It’s the Godless Progressives:
Vs the vast majority of America:
And this was just one city. My heart soars seeing this. It tells me that most Americans believe in life and God and goodness. Make sure you go see all the pics by Zombie. It’s a must see. I’ll leave you with one video from the gatherings – just one of many scenes that played out during the events.
Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
By: Lloyd Marcus
Dear Brother and Sister Patriots,
With so many folks seeming to water down their full-bodied Conservative values into Liberal-Lite – sadly seeking to get along with Obama and win over his low-info-voters, I feel a little like Gary Cooper in the movie western, “High Noon.”
As sheriff, Cooper unsuccessfully sought help to tackle bad guys scheduled to arrive on the noon train. While cowardly town folks peaked from behind drawn curtains, Cooper stood and confronted evil alone.
Cooper had no one. Thank God, I have you guys… We The People.
As Chairman of the Conservative Campaign Committee, I am proud to announce the release of our first national TV ad pushing back against Obama’s socialist agenda and imperialistic modus operandi.
God bless, Lloyd
Hat Tip: BB
By: Cliff Kincaid
Accuracy in Media
The liberals continue to pretend that “gun control” laws will stop “gun violence,” even while providing the fuel, in the form of potent marijuana, which can spark violence and murder. A case in point is a Florida teenage gunman, Benjamin Bishop, the subject of a Tampa Bay Times article about how he became a zombie killer through the use of pot that caused him to fear “ghosts” speaking foreign languages. The killings occurred in October.
The article, “Teen gunman Benjamin Bishop: Rage drove him to kill, gun laws were no obstacle,” describes how the killer “used a 12-gauge shotgun—a weapon he obtained in spite of a criminal record and history of mental illness—to kill his mother and her boyfriend as they lay in bed.” In a jailhouse interview, “He talked about how he liked to smoke pot.”
His mother, Imari Shibata, was a nurse, and her boyfriend, Kelly Allen, was a popular swim coach.
Bishop was reportedly on probation for a 2011 domestic battery incident in which he hit his mother and tried to strangle her. But he easily evaded the gun laws when he decided to kill her and her boyfriend by having a friend purchase the shotgun. The use of a “straw buyer” in a case like this is already illegal and can be prosecuted under federal law because the gun was used in a crime. Bishop bought the ammunition himself.
He fired eight rounds of gun shot in the killings, called 911 and admitted what he had done.
President Obama, a former pot smoker himself, proposes new “gun control” measures while ignoring the harm caused by marijuana. He recently told ABC News that he won’t authorize federal prosecution of marijuana offenders in Colorado and Washington, where the drug was legalized.
Obama was a member of what his biographer David Maraniss called the “Choom Gang,” a group of heavy marijuana users who practiced “total absorption” of the drug by inhaling the smoke fully into the lungs.
Although it’s long been known that marijuana adversely affects memory, intelligence, and learning, the connection of the drug to mental illness, violence and murder is not widely reported by the media. However, John Patrick Bedell, who shot and wounded two guards at the Pentagon in March 2010, was a psychotic pothead who actually had a “medical marijuana” card in California.
In other cases, admitted pot lover 16-year-old Jeff Weise murdered nine people and injured five others in Red Lake, Minnesota, in 2005, and Charles “Andy” Williams was a regular marijuana user who smoked the drug just before killing two schoolmates and wounding 13 others in a San Diego suburban school on March 5, 2001.
The story of Benjamin Bishop may be shocking to some, but to those familiar with the evidence of marijuana’s link to mental illness, it is not that surprising. “In 10th grade,” the paper said. “Bishop stopped regularly attending school and started puttering, stoned, around the house. He says his mom hated the way marijuana made him shrink from family and friends.” He was diagnosed with schizophrenia but wouldn’t take his medication and resented his mother telling him to do so. He got caught taking a knife to school.
“Strange things had begun happening to him, experiences he struggled to understand,” the paper reported.
“When I was in 9th grade I was attacked by a ghost. Well, I thought I was…There was something, like, pounding on my back when I had just woken up,” he told the paper. “It was screaming, and it had two voices, and it was speaking in Japanese. Or it could have been speaking in German.”
In July 2011, the paper said, his mother called the sheriff’s office “to report that her son was wandering the family’s home in Oldsmar, smashing holes through walls with a hammer and saying he was Osama Bin Laden.”
In regard to the murders, he told the paper, “I regret it. Because I might get first-degree murder. Also I regret it because it was just a bad situation altogether and I shouldn’t have done it. Because of, uh, what happened to them. And me.”
These are signs, of course, of mental illness caused or exacerbated by pot smoking.
As we recently reported, a prominent Democrat, Patrick Kennedy, has shocked his liberal friends by talking openly about how marijuana destroys the brain and expedites psychosis. He opposes the liberal effort to legalize the drug. Left-wing British journalist Patrick Cockburn wrote a series of blockbuster articles in the British media on how his own son went insane smoking marijuana.
In the U.S., in addition to Colorado and Washington legalizing the drug, 18 states and the District of Columbia have enacted laws legalizing so-called “medical marijuana.”
The Tampa Bay Times article by Peter Jamison about the Bishop case is unusual in that the marijuana link to the crimes was not censored. Other articles about the case ignore the facts about Bishop being a pothead. In its original article about the crimes, the Tampa paper didn’t even mention the possible role of marijuana in the murders.
But the killer’s subsequent willingness to talk in expressive terms about his use of the drug is another indication of its potent effects and addictive qualities.
Timothy R. Jennings, M.D., a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and President-Elect of the Tennessee Psychiatric Association, says the increasing use of marijuana, including for alleged “medical” purposes, is a danger and a fraud that endangers the public health.
He writes, “Medical marijuana for the treatment of psychiatric problems is no better than prescribing cigarette smoke to treat lung disease.”
While he says it should be available in extreme circumstances for patients who are terminally ill and suffering from severe intractable pain and/or nausea with no other possible way to experience relief, “the use of marijuana to treat psychiatric illness is not only contrary to sound brain science, clinical research and common sense, it smacks of modern day quackery.”
For reasons having to do with his own sordid personal history of using and abusing the drug, it’s doubtful that President Obama will make a crackdown on marijuana part of his political agenda against “gun violence.” Such an approach would anger his political base.
Cliff Kincaid is the Director of the AIM Center for Investigative Journalism and can be contacted at email@example.com.
Yes, this time the Democrats will actually go along with real border enforcement. This time, they’re going to insist that after this one more last amnesty, really the last, no mas… we enforce the laws. From now on. Cross their hearts. Pinkie promise.
Trust them, they really are concerned about the good of the country, not merely importing a bunch of low information voters with limited English who can be controlled through a few select media channels and politicians to vote Democrat along ethnic lines and bribed with social welfare goodies. The Democrats would never, ever do that again. Nuh, uh.
This time, it’s gonna work! Hold that football steady, Lucy!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Before we get started, let me remind you that there’s now a seat available on the Watcher’s Council up for grabs.
We’re currently looking at candidates, so if you’re interested, think you qualify or want to find out more about what’s involved in being part of the longest established blogging group of its kind, simply leave a comment with your site URL and your e-mail address (which won’t be published) on any article over at Joshuapundit.
These don’t come up all that often and when they do, they usually fill up quickly, so don’t snooze.
This week, Crazy Bald Guy, The Pirate’s Cove, Maggie’s Notebook, Ask Marion and Right Reason, took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Ah, a gun control Dopey WNJ Letter of the Week
- Joshuapundit – How The UK Sunday Times Observed Holocaust Memorial Day…
- The Political Commentator – What does our future hold: Jim DeMint and Heritage in New York City for the Presidents’ Tour!
- The Noisy Room – The Gathering Red Storm
- Simply Jews – North Korea: why sticks just might work, Charles Armstrong notwithstanding
- The Right Planet – Breaking Through the Right-Left Paradigm
- The Razor – Precious Moments Remembered
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – “What Difference Does It Make?”
- Bookworm Room – Conservatives need to create powerful, sticky messages that lead the electorate to a tipping point
- VA Right! – Meet the New Democrats: A Non-Compromising Unity of Hatred and Intolerance
- The Mellow Jihadi – Alleged Racism at American Idol?
- The Glittering Eye – Rise of the Apparatchiks
- Gay Patriot – A case for conservative optimism
- Rhymes With Right – Doesn’t This Court-Ordered Exile Implicate A Number Of Rights?
- Crazy Bald Guy – Obamapalooza 2013
- Maggie’s Notebook – Sessions Calls for ICE Director John Morton to Resign: Judge Rules ICE Agents Have Standing to Sue Obama on DREAM
- The Pirate’s Cove – Why Do Dems Want Women To Be Unable To Protect Themselves?
- Right Reason – Are We Prepared For The Reality of Women In Combat?
- Ask Marion – The Lesson in the Betrayal of Sarah Palin
- The Atlantic – The Real Cuban Missile Crisis submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Andrew McCarthy – Apes. Pigs And F-16s submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Elder of Ziyon – A personal story for Holocaust Remembrance Day submitted by The Political Commentator
- David Mamet – Gun Laws and the Fools of Chelm submitted by The Noisy Room
- Stormbringer – Destroying The U.S. Military submitted by Simply Jews
- Charles Hurt/Washington Times – Gun Edicts Put Personal Liberty Under Fire submitted by The Right Planet
- Cap Black, The Western Center for Journalism – Being Political And Black Beyond The Democrat/Republican Dynamic submitted by The Razor
- The Compass – Did Israeli Air Force Vote Against An Iran War? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- National Review/Habeeb & Leven – After the Crack-Up submitted by Bookworm Room
- Army Times – Soldier with two new arms: ‘It feels amazing’ submitted by VA Right!
- American Power – David Frum, CNN’s Faux Conservative, Claims Americans ‘Do Not Need Firearms to Protect Themselves, They Are Safer Than Ever Before…’ submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Media Nation – TNR’s new owner crosses a line with Obama interview submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michael Barone – Obama’s address long on audacity, short on hope submitted by Gay Patriot
- Pirate’s Cove – Sharpton: People Dont Have The Right To Unregulated Rights submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sultan Knish – Don’t Give Up submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – Secretary of State Kerry Shows He Doesn’t Have a Clue About How Foreign Policy Works submitted by The Watcher