By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
And they still hate her for it… Evil always despises strength and Baroness Margaret Thatcher was holy water to the vampiric Progressive Left. The Lioness of the British Isles roared onto the scene with Ronald Reagan and John Paul II to fight Communism and oppression. The Iron Lady was a warrior for freedom and she will forever be admired by me and millions of others.
From Rush Limbaugh:
Some people call it a coincidence — I think it’s more than that — that at the same time in the world we had Ronald Reagan, Pope John Paul II, and Margaret Thatcher. During those years were the only time in my lifetime where the left was actually turned back. Not just stopped, but defeated and turned back. It was the only time in my life. Poland, Berlin, Moscow, the United States. Wherever. Those three leaders on the political stage, the world stage at the same time, did more for freedom and liberty for people all over this world than any three people since the founding of this country — and they all served at the same time, overlapping.
From Sara Palin:
Today we say goodbye to a towering figure of the 20th century. With the passing of Margaret Thatcher, we’ve sadly lost the last living member of that great triumvirate that included Ronald Reagan and John Paul II – those giants who defeated the evil empire of Soviet Communism and allowed the liberation of its captive nations. We’ve also lost one of the great champions of economic freedom and democratic ideals.
The Grocer’s Daughter was indeed iconic and one of the greatest leaders of our time. She was not afraid to voice her opinions and go toe to toe with the Leftists – summarily wiping the political floor with them time and again. A debater that had no equal, she used facts and logic as her weapons of choice, burnishing their mortal impact with eloquent prose and stunning delivery. Thatcher was a titan spearheading accomplishment, while dragging Progressives kicking and screaming into the light of capitalistic success and growth:
She put those beliefs into action. Like Reagan, she was a leader for whom word and deed were one and the same. A leader of a conservative think tank behind the Thatcher revolution famously said, “We were not interested in political office for the Conservative party. We were interested in power for them to get things done.” And that’s exactly what Thatcher did. While others in her party were interested in holding on to political office and overseeing “the orderly management of [Britain’s] decline,” she actually radically reformed a broken system and brought it back to free-market principles, leaving her country stronger, wealthier, and a leader in the world when just a decade before it had been dismissed as “the sick man of Europe.” Her push to privatize British industry and lower tax rates led to a substantial economic expansion and became a model for other countries shrugging off the yoke of socialism.
The Real Legacy of Margaret Thatcher, Britain’s Iron Lady:
She knew what Ronald Reagan knew. That free markets and a free people are the best defense against tyranny and that peace comes through strength, not accommodation.
Prophetic in her vision for a stronger Britain as well as a freer world, Thatcher diagnosed the Socialist disease that plagues the globe and offered the cure of smaller government, lower taxation and economic expansion. Her enemies put forth wealth redistribution and equal misery for all with more taxation, regulation and government rule. It is small wonder her enemies celebrate her death in the streets, but all Americans and the world should reflect and hold in wonder the ideals of Margaret Thatcher, while reimplementing them before it is too late. Communism/Socialism/Marxism/Progressivism never succeed, they always fail. They end in massive death, poverty and misery. The world cries out for another Ronald Reagan or Margaret Thatcher to deliver us from One World rule.
Will America once again follow the vision of Reagan and Thatcher? We do indeed stand at the crossroads of history — a choice between what the Founding Fathers saw in smaller government, less regulation, less taxation and the power lying with the States and the people vs. the horrific future of the Progressive Left with an all-encompassing Nanny State, never-ending regulation and government control, crony capitalism and dictatorial rule.
What can you say about Margaret Thatcher’s accomplishments? She was a green grocer’s daughter who rose to become Britain’s Prime Minister, who did her best to reverse what she clearly saw as her country’s decline, who led Britain in war and peace, who survived a terrorist assassination by the IRA that killed five people.This was someone who put principle first, who informed the people who wanted business as usual that this lady was not for turning. She literally scared Britain’s Socialist establishment witless by pointing out loudly and clearly what they were doing to her country and where it would ultimately lead.
America owes much to Margaret Thatcher, a courageous, principled leader who laid the foundations for Reagan’s revolution that brought massive prosperity to the United States.
I identify with Baroness Thatcher. I consider her my role model and I grieve her passing. Her legacy, however, will live on and so will our fight for conservative ideals and individual liberty. The fight will never end while Communism lives. While Constitutional Conservatives fight to regain America’s freedoms, Democrats are blocking a resolution to honor Lady Thatcher. How sick and twisted is that? It shows a dearth of character and a lack of morality. I guess they only honor commies these days. The death of morality presages the death of a country. Always.
The Moral Foundations of the American Founding:
Free societies demand more care and devotion than any others. They are, moreover, the only societies with moral foundations, and those foundations are evident in their political, economic, legal, cultural, and, most importantly, spiritual life.
We who are living in the West today are fortunate. Freedom has been bequeathed to us. We have not had to carve it out of nothing; we have not had to pay for it with our lives. Others before us have done so. But it would be a grave mistake to think that freedom requires nothing of us. Each of us has to earn freedom anew in order to possess it. We do so not just for our own sake, but for the sake of our children, so that they may build a better future that will sustain over the wider world the responsibilities and blessings of freedom.
Heritage’s Nile Gardiner on the Passing of Margaret Thatcher
I intend to honor Margaret Thatcher by continuing the research into and the hunt for Progressives on both sides of the political aisle. You can see my research and work with Trevor Loudon over at KeyWiki.org. To paraphrase Lady Thatcher, “Our job is to stop America from going Red.”
- To cure the British disease with socialism was like trying to cure leukemia with leeches.
- I came to office with one deliberate intent: to change Britain from a dependent to a self-reliant society — from a give-it-to-me, to a do-it-yourself nation. A get-up-and-go, instead of a sit-back-and-wait-for-it Britain.
- We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
- My job is to stop Britain from going red.
- There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty.
- They’re casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It’s our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour.
- Socialists cry “Power to the people,” and raise the clenched fist as they say it. We all know what they really mean — power over people, power to the State.
- Communist regimes were not some unfortunate aberration, some historical deviation from a socialist ideal. They were the ultimate expression, unconstrained by democratic and electoral pressures, of what socialism is all about. … In short, the state [is] everything and the individual nothing.
- Of course it’s the same old story. Truth usually is the same old story.
- I owe nothing to Women’s Lib.
- Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people’s money. It’s quite a characteristic of them.
- Pennies don’t fall from heaven, they have to be earned here on earth.
- Good Conservatives always pay their bills. And on time. Not like the Socialists who run up other people’s bills.
- Let us never forget this fundamental truth: The State has no source of money other than the money people themselves earn.
- Let me give you my vision: A man’s right to work as he will, to spend what he earns, to own property, to have the state as servant and not as master.
- All corporatism – even when practised in societies where hard work, enterprise and cooperation are as highly valued as in Korea – encourages inflexibility, discourages individual accountability, and risks magnifying errors by concealing them.
- Constitutions have to be written on hearts, not just paper.
- It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.
- No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions; he had money as well.
- Many of our troubles are due to the fact that our people turn to politicians for everything.
- People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations, because there is no such thing as an entitlement unless someone has first met an obligation.
- When all the objectives of government include the achievement of equality – other than equality before the law – that government poses a threat to liberty.
- Socialists have always spent much of their time seeking new titles for their beliefs, because the old versions so quickly become outdated and discredited.
- Socialism’s results have ranged between the merely shabby and the truly catastrophic – poverty, strife, oppression and, on the killing fields of communism, the deaths this century of perhaps 100 million people. Against that doctrine was set a contrary, conservative belief in a law-governed liberty. It was this view which triumphed with the crumbling of the Berlin Wall. Since then, the Left has sought rehabilitation by distancing itself from its past.
- Marxists get up early to further their cause. We must get up even earlier to defend our freedom.
Pingback: Honoring Margaret Thatcher – The Ultimate Progressive Hunter | askmarion
Pingback: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » Honoring Margaret Thatcher – The Ultimate Progressive Hunter
Pingback: Honoring Margaret Thatcher – The Ultimate Progressive Hunter
Why did you put a picture of Meryl Streep at the top of the post?
My mistake – fixed. Sorry about that – thought it was a young Thatcher. 🙂
Pingback: Larwyn’s Linx: Rubio: Heritage’s Cost Concerns ‘Not Accurate’ | Preppers Universe
Awesome article and wonderful tribute to Baroness Thatcher.
Pingback: NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » Watcher’s Council Nominations – Round Up The Usual Suspects Edition
Pingback: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » Watcher’s Council Nominations – Round Up The Usual Suspects Edition
Pingback: This Week’s Watcher’s Council Nominations | therightplanet.com
Terresa I love what you had to say above. I was awake until 6:00 A.M. writing my salute to Lady Thatcher and the grievous offense that Obama committed in scorning her. It is posted on a group site where a young man from England left a comment about what a vile person she was. I shall use your essay as a reply leading off with an excerpt of your first paragraph. Just for good measure I shall also share your link to my wall.
Pingback: Watcher’s Council Nominations – Round Up The Usual Suspects Edition | askmarion
Pingback: Watcher’s Council Winners! Round Up the Usual Suspects | Independent Sentinel
Pingback: GayPatriot » Watcher of Weasels Nominations — 04.18.13 Edition
Pingback: Round Up The Usual Suspects |
Pingback: The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results | Virginia Right!
Pingback: The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results | therightplanet.com
Pingback: NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results – 04/19/13
Pingback: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results – 04/19/13
Pingback: The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results 4.19.13 | askmarion