Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Rep. Darrel Issa… for relentless courage.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section, no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Political Commentator – Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano going back…
- The Noisy Room – The Enemy Among Us – Even in Idaho
- Simply Jews – Glenn Greenwald or the douchebag’s lines of defense
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Shock And Shush
- Bookworm Room – Is the IRS scandal the worst political scandal in American history? I say yes
- Gay Patriot – In 2008, we told you Obama wasn’t the man you (thought you) were voting for…
- Joshuapundit – DHS Is Training Law Enforcement To Give Muslim Brotherhood, Radical Islamists A Pass
- The Razor – Scandal Scorecard
- The Colossus of Rhodey – New “Scotty” Spouts Off on the New Trek’s Politics
- Rhymes With Right – My Response To @WhiteHouse #ObamaCareInThreeWords Meme
- The Glittering Eye – A Series of Unfortunate Incidents
- The Mellow Jihadi – Autumn Sandeen, a Sailor with No ESWS Pin?
- VA Right! – VA GOP Convention: Conservatives and TEA Party Send Republican Establishment a STRONG MESSAGE! Overcome DIRTY TRICKS and WIN!
- The Right Planet – #Scandalpalooza
- Ask Marion – Incompetent-gate, Corruption-gate and Progressive-gate – Part 1
- Liberty’s Spirit – The IRS, Obamacare, and Abuse of Political Power: An Issue
- Craig McMillan/WND – The Chicago mob in D.C. submitted by The Political Commentator
- Caroline Glick – Obama and the “Official Truth” submitted by The Noisy Room
- A.J. Adler/The Algemeiner – A Campaign of Willful Blindness on Terrorism submitted by Simply Jews
- Contentions – Exploit Hizballah’s Vulnerability submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- American Thinker/Thomas Lifson – Never Mind Impeachment; Keep your Eyes on the Prize submitted by Bookworm Room
- Commentary – Accepting Responsibility Would Blow Obama’s Circuits submitted by Gay Patriot
- Jonathan Rosenblum – The Price Of Blindness submitted by Joshuapundit
- Reason – The Myth of the Scientific Liberal submitted by The Razor
- OpenMarket.org – IRS Abuse of Americans Is Nothing New submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Big Jolly Politics – The Real Scandal with the IRS: Organizing for Action and the Chicago-style Misuse of Governmental Power submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Ta-Nahisi Coates/The Atlantic – How the Obama Administration Talks to Black America submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Amil Imani – Saluting Pamela Geller: a Champion of Liberty submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Tea Party News Network – Lerner Pleads the Fifth, Issa Issues Subpoena for her to Appear Anyway submitted by VA Right!
- Doug Ross – That Crazy Benghazi Conspiracy Theory? It Just Got Less Crazy submitted by The Right Planet
- Mark Steyn – The Autocrat Accountants submitted by The Watcher
- Kirsten Powers/Daily Beast – How Hope and Change Gave Way to Spying on the Press submitted by The Watcher