Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
Many of you know that we just moved 1800 miles to Tulsa, Oklahoma. It’s been one wild ride over the last two months, but we are finally settling in.
It’s sooo green here! Not what I expected at all. Very hot and very high humidity. Spiders big enough to put a saddle on and rope cattle. Don’t ask. The people are wonderful here — among the nicest and friendliest I have ever met and I’ve lived in a lot of places. In the middle of the Bible Belt, I feel right at home. Oklahoma is said to be the most conservative state in the Union. I love it.
But, if I held any beliefs that the surveillance state had not encroached on the Okies, I found out differently Monday night. I don’t know if it was personal or if anyone even knows I’m here or cares, but I had my first drone experience.
We had just turned in for the night. It was about 9:30 PM. Our bedroom’s window is at the front of the house. Reason 1,387 that I will lease a different home in a year. Suddenly, we heard a motor that sounded liked a radio controlled plane and strobe lights lit up our window. It only lasted a few minutes. We believe it was a UAV Police Helicopter with strobe lights. It looked us over for a brief period, then rose and left like nothing happened. We were just relieved we were not SWATted.
We did however bring our guns into the bedroom, where they stay with ammo. I did not sleep well for the remainder of the evening and hubby was up all night checking the perimeter. The whole thing creeped me out and hubby is less than thrilled. The experience brought our lives and what we do into sharper focus. Way to greet a well known blogger Oklahoma! Won’t slow me down a bit — my family is from Oklahoma and we are Oklahoma strong. A fruit basket would have been nicer. Just sayin’.
Hat Tip: BB
By: Arlen Williams
Prior in Gulag Bound, we see that Dr. King was pursued by Marxist collectivists and for a time in college cohabited with them; but he threw off that degrading ideology, and its atrocious, semi-genocidal culture of death.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Political Commentator – Barack Obama: Foreign policy eunuch!
- The Noisy Room – A Shiny New War: At Home and Abroad
- Liberty’s Spirit – It’s September, so Its time to talk about schools failing boys… yet again
- Joshuapundit – Syria-Ossity
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Possibly the dopiest thing I read this week
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Syrian Strike
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Wonders of Ducky Duck
- Simply Jews – Ayo Kimathi and Department of Homeland Serenity
- The Razor – Leftists Disturbed By Reality
- The Glittering Eye – ‘Splain Me
- Bookworm Room – Gender fantasies in Obama’s America
- VA Right! – RPV Chairman Pat Mullins Responds to ‘ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion in Virginia’ – A Susan Stimpson Email
- The Right Planet – The Syrian Quagmire: The Dangers of U.S. Involvement
- Nice Deb – Obama Taps Former ACORN Lobbyist To Head Obamacare Youth Video Contest
- Rhymes With Right – The GOP Needs To Consider The Governors In 2016
- Crazy Bald Guy – Enough with the remakes, already!
- Maggie’s Notebook – Ted Cruz: Justifiable Reasons to Use Military in Syria? How Committed To Democracy Are We?
- Ask Marion – Common Core = Commonly Controlled Failure = Education Nightmare
- The Pirate’s Cove – Mother’s Open Letter To Daughter Regarding Miley Cyrus Goes Viral
- Victor Davis Hanson – The Middle East – All Bad Choices submitted by The Political Commentator
- Mark Steyn – Obamacare’s Hierarchy of Privilege submitted by The Noisy Room
- Harold Rhode/PJ Media – US returning artifacts looted from Iraqi Jews to Iraq instead of lawful owners submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- The Commentator – Israel Boycotters: The Goose and the Golden Egg submitted by Joshuapundit
- The First Street Journal – 18th Century Technology: It isn’t just newspapers submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Center For Strategic & International Studies – How To Attack Syria submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- HMS Defiant – Injured Sprites Of The Apocalypse submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Christian Hate? – Ocean of light, ocean of darkness: Quakers and Islamist anti-Semitism submitted by Simply Jews
- Walter Russell Mead/WSJ – The Failed Grand Strategy in the Middle East submitted by The Razor
- Matthew Yglesias/Slate – Military Strikes Are an Extremely Expensive Way to Help Foreigners submitted by The Glittering Eye
- NewGeography – America Hanging In There Better than Rivals submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seacoast Online – Biden: Impeachment if Bush bombs Iran submitted by VA Right!
- The Burning Platform – Trying To Stay Sane In An Insane World Part 3 submitted by The Right Planet
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – The Great Oberlin College Racism Hoax of 2013 submitted by Nice Deb
- Urban Grounds – Time to put an end to special privileges for government officials submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Thomas Sowell – A Poignant Anniversary submitted by The Watcher
- Sense Of Events – Why The Law Does Not Matter To Obama submitted by The Watcher