Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
By: Dick Manasseri
To many Americans, Ted Cruz represents the resistance movement that it will take to reclaim America.
Frank Beckmann, of WJR 760 AM, gave us an opportunity to hear from another ‘Paul Revere’ traveling the countryside with a wakeup call that Ted Cruz would certainly sanction. New Zealand researcher of the American Left, Trevor Loudon, provided Beckmann’s listeners with the brutal confirmation that we may be nearing the end of America as a free country.
Loudon continued his freedom ride in Michigan though Bloomfield and Shelby, Lapeer and Howell, and all the way to Kalamazoo. Thousands of freedom-loving Americans across the country are coming out to hear him proclaim that the enemies come “not by land and not by sea” but from within – “the Communists, Socialists, and Progressives within the US Congress.”
Loudon implores the patriots that gather to hear him, to envision America led once again by statesmen and servant leaders that he refers to as the Cruz Coalition.
He speaks about the constitutional caucus unifying the Tea Party, Libertarians, and Independents to retake the GOP from the Progressives.
He presents a clear wake-up call-to-action involving legislative accountability, RINO hunting, the Liberty Amendments, and curtailing the power of Big Labor. As Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous poem noted:
The people will waken and listen to hear
The hurrying hoof-beats of that steed,
And the midnight message of Paul Revere.”
The question remains – will enough distracted Americans heed this ‘midnight message’ in time?
He will be speaking, tonight, at 7 p.m., in Howell at the Crystal Gardens Banquet Center.
On October 9th, he will speaking at the Paw Paw Conservation Club at 6:00 p.m.
Dick Manasseri, a resident of Rochester Hills, is a big fan of the US Constitution, doing whatever he can to preserve and protect it for his children and grandchildren.
Hat Tip: BB
Graphic courtesy of the one and only Chris Muir over at Day By Day.
Marine WWII vets after storming the Barrycade to the Marine Memorial in Washington DC.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This weeks’ contest is dedicated to those veterans who weren’t about to let a spiteful, dysfunctional president stop them from honoring their departed comrades and to the blessed Rav Ovadia Yosef, ZT”L.
This week, Ask Marion, Tel Hai Nation, Maggie’s Notebook, The Independent Sentinel and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Obama: “I Won’t Violate The Constitution, Unless You Make Me…”
- The Right Planet – Shutdown America
- The Political Commentator – Question: Is this the video of a Mainstream Media traitor* or…
- Liberty’s Spirit – Getting Through the #Barrycades; “OccupyAmerica versus #SpiteHouse, #DNCBullies and #GOPWhiners”
- Simply Jews – Bob Mugabe, Mossad, Nikuv, Forward and its lame anti-Zionist paskudnyaks
- Joshuapundit – The Shut Down, And The Madness Of King Obama
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Not Enough
- VA Right! – Why the Richmond Times Dispatch is Still The Richmond Times Disgrace
- Rhymes With Right – Will The Left Denounce Mika Brzezynski For Questioning Patriotism Of Ted Cruz And Other ObamaCare Opponents?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Today’s edition of “What comicbook creators think of you”
- The Glittering Eye – Shutdown Roundup
- Bookworm Room – Los Angeles Times decides what’s true and what’s false when it comes to climate change and Obamacare
- The Razor – The Razor Celebrates 12 Years Online
- Nice Deb – The Great Government ShutDown Is Becoming Public Relations Debacle For Regime
- The Mellow Jihadi – “Ayo Gorkhali!” Gurkha war cry
- Ask Marion – Books, Knowledge, History, Memories… How Erasing Them Changes Cultures, Countries, The World
- Maggie’s Notebook – $500K Death Benefits for 5 Military Dead In Afghanistan Denied By Obama Due To Shutdown
- Tel Hai Nation – Muslim honor murders increased under PLO this year
- The Independent Sentinel – 8 Good Reasons To Be Angry with Mr. Obama for the Shutdown
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: Ocean Warming Has Slowed Down By 50%
- Mark Steyn – Shutdown Simulacrum submitted by The Noisy Room
- Matt Walsh – An Open Letter To President Obama submitted by The Right Planet
- AISH – The Vanishing American Jew? submitted by The Political Commentator
- WSJ-Review And Outlook – Eric Holder’s 2014 Racial Politics submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mick Hartley – As Despicable as Arses submitted by Simply Jews
- YouTube – Sen. Ted Cruz with Candy Crowley on CNN’s State of the Union submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Compass – Al Qaeda Goes Global submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Watchdog.Org – These 10 songs will help you survive the government shutdown submitted by VA Right!
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – You have to understand, they are not his enemies submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Natural Born Conservative – Give Up 300,000 Federal Workers and then we’ll talk. submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Richard Fernandez/PJMedia – The Plight Of The Navigator submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Melanie Phillips – Yes! The science is settled! Even MORE sunshine can be extracted from cucumbers! submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ira Stoll/Reason – The Upside of the Government Shutdown submitted by The Razor
- Dan Carter/Richochet – When The Bleeding Heart Becomes The Iron Fist submitted by Nice Deb
- The Commentator – It’s not BBC bias against Israel; it’s hate submitted by The Watcher
- Ross Kaminsky/American Spectator – He’s Just Not That Clever submitted by The Watcher
By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
Cross-Posted at Right Wing News
It gives a whole new meaning to “you better work, bitch.” President Obama held an off-the-record meeting with five conservative journalists yesterday – he summoned them to discuss the so-called GOP shutdown, which in reality is the Dem shutdown:
Present at the meeting were Charles Krauthammer, the Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor; Paul Gigot, the Wall Street Journal editorial page editor; Robert Costa, the National Review’s Washington editor; syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker; and Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, according to a source with knowledge of the meeting.
All critical of the GOP taking a stand against Obamacare and the debt ceiling. All knowingly or unwittingly media tools for Obama to wield. How appropriate the off-the-record meeting took place in the Roosevelt Room:
President Barack Obama met with a small group of conservative reporters, columnists and commentators on Tuesday for an off-the-record conversation. The private White House meeting last for 90 minutes in the Roosevelt Room, reports the Huffington Post. The chat followed an on-the-record exchange with the White House press corps about the government shutdown and imminent debt default, which lasted over an hour.
Supposedly, the meeting was to woo conservative journalists, columnists and commentators. Except, these are the same ones he met with in 2009. The same who are at times on his side – the same that are not Constitutional Conservatives by any means.
On more than one occasion, President Obama has quietly met with select members of the media. The off-the-record meetings were notable in that conservative journalists were seldom included.
On Tuesday, the tables were turned somewhat as Obama invited a small number of conservative reporters, columnists and commentators to the White House for a private chat, but is the president looking for an edge in the ongoing budget impasse with Congress?
Ben Shapiro, editor-at-large of Breitbart News, called the meeting “a clear attempt to woo largely establishment conservative commentators who have loudly opposed the GOP’s current government shutdown strategy.”
At a minimum, the meeting would suggest that Obama is nervous about the hand he holds in his showdown with the Republican-led House. A comment made by Krauthammer after the meeting, on Fox News’ “Special Report,” is telling:
“He is really afraid of that debt ceiling. He says he won’t bend on this — of course he’ll have to at the eleventh hour. He can’t afford to be remembered as the first president who defaulted or allowed, you know, the conditions in which it can happen.”
The White House declined to comment on yesterday’s meeting.
Krauthammer is brilliant, but when he gets it wrong, he goes all the way. I don’t know whether Obama will bend or not, but my gut says he wants this all to fail one way or the other. He hates America and wants her on her knees. He doesn’t give a crap about his legacy.
Obama has met numerous times with opinion leaders, from newspaper columnists to cable news hosts, in order to get his administration’s point of view across in a private setting. The groups often include mostly liberal or moderate media figures.
In August, Obama sat down with several members of the New York Times editorial board and some of the paper’s top columnists, including conservatives David Brooks and Ross Douthat.
And Obama broke bread with several conservative media figures just prior to taking office in January 2009. That dinner, which took place at conservative columnist George Will’s house, included Krauthammer, Gigot, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol and National Review editor Rich Lowry.
Obama presumably has more time than usual this week to field questions from journalists given that his planned trip to Asia was called off due to the shutdown. The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that the president has had to improvise his schedule, since many White House staffers are furloughed and there are fewer opportunities to hold events. As a result, Obama has provided more access than usual to the press.
You mean in between playing golf and partying he has more time to twist the arms of the media? Threaten them? Bribe them? Good to know.
Obama is pulling out all the stops. He’s moved from nudging, to shoving and soon to shooting. He’s using unprecedented force against Americans. He has always gotten to the media and masterfully diktated the truth to them – they are his Marxist lapdogs eager to follow his lead and his orders into a new envisioned Progressive futuristic fantasy land. Summoned and soon commanded to roll over and play dead. Idiots of the GOP unite.