By: Nelson Abdullah
Conscience of a Conservative
Today is Columbus Day, the day we honor the 15th Century Italian explorer Christopher Columbus and the Catholic monarchs of Spain, Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile, for financing his quest. After Columbus discovered America in 1492, it was closely followed by the settling of New England by the Puritans who escaped England to protect religious freedom. Things worked well here until the atheists arrived, then came the communists and the liberals and the Democratic Party and then we all went to hell in a hand basket. Because of the holiday I expect the news to be relatively quiet today so I am going to recap some interesting stories about prominent Democrats that my liberal newspaper didn’t bother to write about. And follow up with a commentary on the violence in America that can be traced to the Democratic Party.
There are two important political races going on. In New Jersey they will be voting this Wednesday on a special election for the U.S. Senate to replace Democrat Frank Lautenberg who died in January and in Virginia, the race for governor will be decided on November 5, 2013. The Democratic Senate candidate in New Jersey is Newark mayor Cory Booker and the interesting part of this race are the allegations that Cory Booker doesn’t live in the city of Newark or even in the state of New Jersey. The allegations were reported on The Daily Caller which tracked down several residences listed by Booker, none of which were his home. Neighbors were interviewed and they said he never lived in any of them.
Multiple residents of Newark told The Daily Caller that the longtime mayor doesn’t live at any of the addresses he has claimed as home. The mayor is believed to live in New York even though he is registered to run for New Jersey’s special senate election.
Booker, who filed to run for the U.S. Senate from a P.O. Box in Newark, is registered to vote at 435 Hawthorne Avenue but his next door neighbors told this reporter and filmmaker Joel Gilbert on camera that they haven’t seen Booker in years and that he doesn’t live there.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/14/neighbors-cory-booker-never-lived-in-newark/#ixzz2hjJrcnvE
In the state of Virginia, the Democratic Party candidate Terry McAuliffe has been caught up in a scandal involving Joseph Caramadre, a wealthy businessman who made high value contributions to the Democratic Party campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Harry Reid and who pleaded guilty to a fraud that used the stolen identities of dying people to apply for annuities and bonds. This profitable practice was joined by Terry McAuliffe, himself, who also invested $47,000 in the scheme.
As expected, the pro-Democrat liberal news media hasn’t reported on this to any length.
Did the Devil make them do it?
A recent survey found that 57% of Americans believe the Devil exists. 65% of Republicans surveyed said they believed the Devil is real versus only 55% of Democrats. I believe that a sizable chunk of those 55% of the Democrats that believe in the Devil represent those who may actually worship the Devil as evidenced by those Democrats who attended their 2012 National Convention who loudly voted to remove the name of God from their party platform. To be fair, a large part of the 35% of Republicans who don’t believe in the Devil are probably RINOs. As liberal Democrats try to distance themselves from the Judeo-Christian beliefs that helped shape our country, their actions give credence to the literary proclamation that “The Devil’s greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” But within the scope of our national peril there must also be room for the argument that with the help of the Democrats, “The Devil’s second greatest accomplishment was convincing the world that Islam is a religion of peace.”
And this leads to one more observation. We live in a very troubled world today, both at home and abroad, where war and the slaughter of innocents take place every day. This widespread killing seems to come from two major sources of trouble: the mentally ill who roam our streets and the Muslims who hate everything that is not a part of Islam. We have the Democrats to thank for both. During the Democratic controlled administration of Bill Clinton, the enlightened liberals decided that putting mentally ill people in institutions was demeaning to their self respect so most of the insane asylums were closed and the patients released to live among society. That noble gesture resulted in a slew of mass homicides over the last 20 years committed by mentally ill people. Coincidentally, the Democrats used every act of gun violence to repeat their call for more Gun Control. Along the way, Democrats made allegiances with Muslim groups such as CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, their affiliated terrorist supporting groups such as ISNA, the Islamic Society of North America, which includes the MSA, the Muslim Student Association active on almost every college campus, and The Muslim Brotherhood. Several members of The Muslim Brotherhood have been appointed to positions within the Democrat administration of Barack Hussein Obama, including Homeland Security. It was also revealed that during the Clinton administration, the Democrats had been given the opportunity to kill Osama bin Laden, the leader of the radical Muslim terrorist group al Qaeda, but Bill Clinton declined the offer thus allowing Osama bin Laden to further carry out plots against America, culminating with September 11, 2001. The same pro-Democrat liberal news media that covered up Obama’s radical, communist mentored past, his Muslim religion and his connections with domestic terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, subsequently began to white-wash Muslim terrorist plots and their accomplishments in America while using the acts of mass killings by guns in the hands of the mentally ill as an excuse to push to disarming Americans. A few of the worst mass shootings by mentally ill people include the following as well as two mass killings by Muslims:
- April 20, 1999 at Columbine High School in Jefferson County, Colorado, Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, murdered 12 students, one teacher and injured 24 others. One official report suggested that Harris was a psychopath and Klebold was a depressive, and consequently that Harris was influenced by sadism, whereas Klebold was influenced by revenge.
- September 11, 2001, 19 Muslims, financed by Osama bin Laden, 15 who were citizens of Saudi Arabia, hijacked 4 U.S. airliners and crashed them into the twin towers of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon killing 2,977 victims.
- April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others. Seung-Hui Cho had previously been diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder.
- November 5, 2009, Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a Muslim and self-professed Soldier of Allah, killed 13 people and wounded 30 others in Fort Hood, Texas. The reason he gave at his Court Martial was because the victims were soldiers who were about to deploy to Afghanistan and fight Muslims.
- On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others were shot by Jared Lee Loughner during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people died. Jared Lee Loughner had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.
- July 20, 2012, James Eagan Holmes carried out a well planned assault in the Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado and murdered 12 and injured 70 others. Holmes is currently on trial and his attorney is considering a plea of insanity.
- December 14, 2012 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot twenty children and six adult staff members in a mass murder at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Adam Lanza suffered from a severe mental condition and was living with his mother who had been trying to get him treatment. Adam Lanza also killed his mother and used her guns to commit the massacre at the school.
While many Americans relish in the soft and fuzzy thoughts of diversity and political correctness (aside from their newly created part-time jobs thanks to ObamaCare), the Democrats are hard at work plundering our treasury, pushing amnesty to gain millions of new voters, causing havoc with our economy and weakening our military. And their Republican counterparts, namely Speaker John Boehner and Senator Mitch McConnell, are preoccupied with trying to make friends and attack everyone who has anything bad to say about the Democrats. The only one in the Senate who spoke the truth about this country club mentality was Sen. John McCain who stated during a presidential campaign stop in 2008 that he would never say anything bad about a fellow member of the Senate. Too bad more people didn’t pay attention.
My name is Nelson Abdullah and I am Oldironsides.