Obama administration DENIES congressman’s claim that ‘at least ten ISIS fighters have been caught coming across the Mexican border in Texas’ (Liar — I absolutely believe Duncan Hunter.)
By: Nelson Abdullah
Conscience of a Conservative
If we have ever learned anything about politics – one thing is certain, you can never trust a Democrat. Election after election Democrats have pulled one fast trick after another to steal votes and then after the elections those that won seem to forget all of their campaign promises. In Kentucky, Alison Lundergan Grimes is the one Democrat we need to worry about most. In a video commercial on TV you can see her admit “I have been working for the Democratic Party since the day I was born.” If you need further proof about Alison Lundergan Grimes’ integrity and truthfulness you must watch this undercover video produced by James O’Keefe of Project Veritas. I found this video on the web site of IJReview.com and to quote briefly from their article,
Grimes has painted herself as an outside-the-box Democrat during this election cycle – saying she disagrees with the President on guns, coal, and the EPA.
But according to her staff and supporters caught by O’Keefe on camera, one of those disagreements appears to be a lie for political convenience. The Washington Free Beacon reports:
“She’s saying something positive about coal because she wants to be elected,” said Ros Hines, a staffer in Grimes’ Lexington campaign office. “And in the state of Kentucky, if you are anti-coal, you will not get elected, period, end of conversation.”
Supporters and staffers acknowledge that Grimes will change her ways once elected – she only says she’s pro-coal because that’s what her constituents want to hear. When the election is over, game on.
We all thought that the 2012 presidential election was America’s last chance to survive. That was the most recent election the Democrats stole. Maybe you read about some election districts that turned out more Democrat votes than there were registered voters or some counties that had 100% votes for Obama. Now, 2014 turns out to be our really last chance to stop the attack on our liberty. If we don’t retake control of the Senate one of the worst things that could happen is that Obama gets to pick one or two new Supreme Court Justices. Imagine what that would do to our Bill of Rights. That is what real evil looks like. If we don’t retake the Senate the Obama plan to cripple America’s defenses will turn us into a third-world power. And Obama’s promise to bankrupt every coal-burning powerplant will destroy one of Kentucky’s largest industries.
A lot of Republicans, including me, supported Matt Bevin in the primary for U.S. Senator. Mr. Bevin lost and now the only Republican candidate is Mitch McConnell but some disgruntled Tea Party followers have said they will not vote for Mitch McConnell because he is the “lesser of two evils”. That’s a quote from one of the Tea Party newsletters in Northern Kentucky. Whoever said it doesn’t know what true evil is when they said, “how about not voting for evil.” Sure, cut off your nose to spite your face. That will teach the Democrats a lesson. Mitch McConnell is not my first choice for Senator but he won his primary and he is a far better choice than Alison Lundergan-Grimes. And with this race so close it is imperative that we get Mitch McConnell reelected if we hope to retake control of the Senate.
The oldest political joke I know comes from the Democrat Party in the Brooklyn precincts in New York City, VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN but it wasn’t spoken as a joke and we have all heard the one about Dead People Voting. The Democratic Party wouldn’t survive if we had mandatory Voter ID. They thrive on the newspaper Obituary Columns and Absentee Ballots. And now the Libertarian Party has presented us with a new wrinkle in our plans to win. In Virginia in 2013 a Libertarian candidate became the recipient of a major financial boost from the Democrats and wound up taking just enough votes from the Republican to allow the Democrat to win. The governor’s race in Virginia was essentially a two man race between Republican Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II, a tea party favorite and Terry McAuliffe, a corrupt liberal Democrat with a past history of running profitable scams but who was also a powerful fundraiser and past National Chairman of the Democratic Party and a personal friend of Bill and Hillary Clinton. But there was also a spoiler entered in the race, Robert Sarvis, a Libertarian candidate running on a third-party line. During the course of the campaign Sarvis maintained 7-9 percent in the polls thanks to the Democrats who paid for his commercials while the Republican Ken Cuccinelli II battled his way up from double digit deficits to a virtual dead heat with the Democrat but lost by a few percentage points.
Once again in Kentucky we have another Libertarian candidate running for U.S. Senate. And some unhappy supporters of Matt Bevin want to vote for him.
If politics was war then the enemy forces in Virginia have just proven themselves to be much smarter than some people had thought. Actually, politics is war. Everyone of us is either an enemy combatant on one side or the other or a conscientious objector waiting to become collateral damage. Politics is a constant battle to take control over nations, loot the treasuries, plunder its resources and enslave its people. And we are losing the battle in America because the enemy has infiltrated the leadership of our once loyal forces and created ghost armies to distract and confuse the voters. One cannot begin to take over a nation by simply replacing the leaders at the top, one needs to empower a base to support them. Some of those bases still try to operate on moral principles while others are practicing outright guerrilla warfare. How did we evolve into such machine politics that routinely turns out legions of dead voters and fraudulently inflated voter registrations and tactical diversions? Worst of all are the numbers of naive good people who refuse to acknowledge that this is happening around them while still trying to recall the good old days when everyone played fair.
My name is Nelson Abdullah and I am Oldironsides.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – War Is The Thunder… Plague Is The Lightning
- The Independent Sentinel – We Are on An Irreversible Path to Socialism
- Simply Jews – Ami Kaufman: another +972 lonely prophet of the fringe
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Turkey’s Pakistanization
- The Glittering Eye – Lessons From Dallas
- VA Right! – Is President Barack Obola the October Surprise Republicans Need for a Wave?
- Bookworm Room – To fight Ebola, we need a Florence Nightingale – although the Marines are good too
- Joshuapundit – Burning Down The House Without Thinking
- Nice Deb – Ralph Peters Blasts Obama’s “Phony” Air Campaign: “He Doesn’t Want Dead Terrorists”
- The Razor – Ebola Observations: 3 Days After Announcement
- The Right Planet – Lois Lerner Tries Busting into Neighbor’s Home to Evade Questions
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Calling Ben Afleck
- Rhymes With Right – Death Threat For Pro-Life Legislator In Pennsylvania
- Ask Marion – How Hillary Clinton enabled Hamas Construction of Terror Tunnels
- Blazing Cat Fur – EU Set To Reassess Ties If Israel Doesn’t Move On Peace
- The Pirate’s Cove – Climate Hysteria Today: Nothing Is More Dangerous Than Hotcoldwetdry
- The Other McCain – Why California’s ‘Affirmative Consent’ Law Violates Basic Constitutional Rights
- Benjamin Weingarten/The Blaze – Why America’s Foreign Policy Has Failed, From George W. Bush to Barack Obama, and the Antidote submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sultan Knish – The Empire Of Progressive Poverty submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Alan Dershowitz/Gatestone Institute – United States Attack in Syria Parallels Israel’s in Gaza submitted by Simply Jews
- Adam Chandler/The Atlantic – ISIS Dares Turkey to Save Kobani submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sic Semper Tyrannis – IS/Coalition War Game – Move 1, The Situation as of 7 October 2014 submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Freedom Outpost – Climate Change Causes Everything, So Let’s Fundamentally Change Our Economy submitted by VA Right!
- Alan Dershowitz/WSJ – The Education Of A Wartime President submitted by Bookworm Room
- Dennis Prager – Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sean Davis/The Federalist – Neil Tyson’s Final Words On His Quote Fabrications: “My bad” submitted by Nice Deb
- Heather MacDonald/The City Journal – Ferguson’s Unasked Questions submitted by The Watcher
- Omri Ceren/Commentary – Yes, Israel Won In Gaza submitted by The Watcher
- Seraphic Secret – Obama and the Rise of the Islamic Reich submitted by The Watcher
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – They Are Coming for Your Children submitted by The Watcher
QATAR AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Office of the President
300 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Dear Ms. Garrett:
Congratulations on your recent appointment to President of Cornell University! We hope you take this opportunity to examine Weill Cornell Medical College’s extensive relationship with a state sponsor of terrorism.
This letter is being sent to you on behalf of the Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition. The purpose is to inform you and the public of the activities of Qatar, the country whose capital hosts a campus of Weill Cornell Medical College. Since 2001, the Qatar Foundation has borne all campus development costs associated with the campus in Doha’s Education City.
Cornell University, an Ivy League institution, is one of the most respected institutions of higher learning in the nation, and indeed the world. Weill Cornell Medical College, which became affiliated with Cornell in 1998, is one of the most prestigious and selective medical schools.
Following the Hamas attack on Israel this summer, Cornell’s presence in Doha, Qatar came under scrutiny by Jewish organizations. Qatar is an open supporter of the Gaza-based terrorist group, which fired thousands of rockets at Israel in July and August, killing and wounding dozens of innocent Israelis. Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Simon Wiesenthal Center called Cornell’s presence in Qatar “outrageous,” while the Zionist Organization of America called on Cornell and other American universities to “end or suspend their programs in Qatar.”
In light of these events, we urge you to read the information below, which includes evidence that Qatar is arguably the preeminent sponsor of terror in the world today. It is a benefactor of the genocidal armies of ISIS, al Qaeda, and Boko Haram; it is involved in Taliban narcotics trafficking through a relationship with the Pakistani National Logistics Cell; and profits from operating a virtual slave state. Qatar has leveraged its relationships with violent jihadi groups to its own benefit, and to the detriment of the United States and her allies.
So the public understands why this letter is addressed to you, Cornell’s past and current activity suggest a growing partnership between Cornell and the terror-sponsoring Gulf state:
- In 2001, the Qatar Foundation funded an initiative in Doha, the Education City. It welcomed six American universities, Weill Cornell, among them (in 2001), to build campuses in the complex. The Qatar Foundation, which has noted links to terrorism, pays all associated campus development costs.
- In 2004, Bill Clinton and Al Gore both visited Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar. In 2013, Qatar donated between $1-$5 mil to the Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation; also in 2013, Al Gore sold CurrentTV to (Doha-based) Al Jazeera, profiting personally a reported $100 million.
- Despite recent criticism, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar announced in September their intentions to expand their presence, partnering with the Qatari medical company Aspetar for clinical trials and education.
- Sheikh Mohammed Hamad Jassim Al-Thani, MBBChB, the Director of Public Health for the Supreme Council of Health in Doha, Qatar, is on the faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College in New York (since 2011).
The QAC Coalition and petitioners ask that you consider the attached sourced report on Qatar’s activities. The links cited are vetted and credible sources. We hope you take the time to verify the truth of the statements for yourself.
After doing so, the Coalition of the Qatar Awareness Campaign calls on you to exert due influence on the Qatari government to cease any type of involvement in all forms of Islamic terrorism, slavery, and drug trafficking!
Lt. Col. Allen B. West (US Army, Ret)
Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.
Center for Security Policy
Paul E Vallely, US Army (Ret)
Chairman, Stand Up America
& the entire Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition.
Qatar Research Report: http://www.stopqatarnow.com/p/research-report.html
Sign the Petition! Visit www.stopqatarnow.com
Facebook: Stop Qatar Now
** Select signatures as of 9/27. The Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition is comprised of more than 25 journalists, national security experts, publishers, and independent researchers. To view all Coalition participants, please visit the Campaign’s website.
CC: Javaid I. Sheikh, Dean, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar. Media Relations Office, Cornell University.