Alain Wagner, ICLA’s chairman, asks for a strict control of muslim teaching facilities and for a ban on sharia teaching activities. Working session 9 : “Violence against women and children” 26 September 2014.
The International Civil Liberties Alliance wishes to emphasize the particular need for the participating states to ensure the protection of women and children from vulnerable groups who often are unable to enforce their rights due to their confinement in close-knit, closed cultural communities.
Yesterday we mentioned the case of Muslim women and children in the UK who suffer from the activities of Islamic Courts, but you also have the obligation to expand the subject to problems of Muslim educational institutions.
Some anti-democratic Muslim organizations, such as the Muslim Brotherhood or others who receive funding from countries like Qatar and Saudi Arabia, use the guise of religious freedom to open schools with educational activities. These organizations that disseminate discriminatory doctrine against women and non-Muslims and are generally incompatible with respect for individual freedoms, often are not subject to any serious control. As demonstrated by the total absence of screening of educational content of such organizations in OSCE participating states.
The example of textbooks, discovered by chance in the UK, teaching children how to cut off the hands and feet of thieves, within a Muslim school receiving state subsidies, is absolutely typical of the current degree of negligence.
Physical abuse is one thing, but one should not forget the devastation caused by moral violence. Muslim women are the first victims of the organizations that promote the respecting of the fundamentally discriminatory rules of Sharia.
All OSCE participating states committed to the eradication of discriminatory practices against women and young girls should have as the core principle the prevention of the development of educational institutions disseminating the principles of sharia. But that is currently not the case.
Whether due to intense pressures exerted by the countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, or because of a poor understanding of sharia and its manifestations by the authorities of the member countries, the fact is that our duty to protect muslim women is clearly not fulfilled.
The mere fact that the promotion of Islamic headscarves in some religious educational institutions is considered only in the aspect of an individual statement of confession, without ever considering the fact that the wearing of such is linked with the principle of the sequestration of women when they do not wear it, nor ever considering that behind this phenomenon, there is often a promotion of a political agenda shows the inability of participating countries to deal knowledgeably when they try to protect muslim women. And that is just one example among many.
Recommendation to participating states:
Establish educational charters prohibiting the dissemination of the promotion of sharia and incentives to abide by its rules in all institutions with educational activities.
Develop and implement educational programs for young children from at-risk backgrounds to promote the concept of equal rights between the sexes and the right of women to assert their choice against discriminatory community standards.
Alain Wagner, ICLA’s chairman demands jihad to be recognized as crime against Humanity.
Working session 13 : “Tolerance and non-discrimination II” 30, September 2014
Religious intolerance can lead to war. The Islamic state’s creation in Syria and Iraq causes a contagion effect much farther than its own frontiers. Within OSCE countries, since many years, some Muslim organizations disseminate a doctrine glorifying and praising jihad.
Instead of being prosecuted as they normally should be, those organizations are recognized as partners by participating states. Sharia proponent organizations which glorify the criminal concept of jihad, are destroying social cohesion and make possible the appearance of Jew hunters as we’ve experienced in France and Belgium. They also make Islamic fighters recruitment more easy in our countries.
If they really want to uphold their commitments to fight against hate crimes and incitements to violence, participating states have to send a clear message to hate preachers and to firmly repress their activities. Military jihad concept has to be clearly identified as a crime against Humanity as defined by the Statute of Rome, chapter 2, article 7.
ICLA’s recommandations for OSCE:
Participant states must integrate in their hate crime legislations, new provisions criminalizing any apology of military jihad or of any jihadist’s feat of arm.
Participant states must aswell criminalize any public exhibition of the black flag of jihad, the white caliphate flag and the Islamic state’s flag as incitement to hatred and violence.
Those hate symbols have no place in the streets of countries forbidding incitement to violence.
The president hasn’t been invited to do too much campaigning for his fellow Democrats this year. In fact, they have pretty much treated the idea of him making an appearance on their behalf like the president was suffering from Ebola.
One of the rare exceptions was Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown, who’s seeking the governor’s seat in Maryland. He thought it would be a great idea to have the president as a headliner at a campaign event to gin up black turnout. Instead, the largely black crowd in Maryland streamed for the exits while the president was still reading his speech to them off of the teleprompter.
The story was so embarrassing that Facebook actually blocked the link to a Yahoo news story about what happened like this:
And anyone attempting to post the story on their own Facebook account got this message:
This week’s edition gets its title from the variation of the title of an old O’Jay’s tune that was undoubtedly echoing in President Barack Hussein Obama’s head as he watched the crowd walk out on him and remembered happier days. They did usta be his girl (or another word I could think of), after all, but some of them are apparently getting tired of the same old song.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – #Ebola – Blood, vomit and diarrhea-soaked hazardous materials piled to the ceiling…
- Joshuapundit – Cheerleaders, G-d And Civil Disobedience
- The Independent Sentinel – CDC’s Mission: Ban Guns, Promote Bike Lanes, Tell Us What To Eat, Put Helmets On Our Heads
- Simply Jews – Dean Obeidallah on Bill Maher or how to stuff foot in mouth deeper
- VA Right! – Liberals Move from Aids Panic to Ebola Denial
- Rhymes With Right – Houston Mayor Narrows Subpoena – But Appears To Miss The Point
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – MacArthur’s Return!
- The Right Planet – The Strange Silence of Karl Rove
- The Glittering Eye – This Is No Time To Remain Calm
- Nice Deb – Amnesty Begins: Regime Prepares For Millions of New Immigrant IDs
- The Razor – Kick Turkey Out Of NATO
- Bookworm Room – In Idaho, gay marriage is in direct conflict with religious rights under the First Amendment
- Ask Marion – Megyn Kelly Takes On Ward Churchill: How Can You Compare 9/11 Victims to Nazis?
- The MidKnight Review – Obama continues to prep as the coming Leader of the World (??)
- Changing Wind.Org – Climate Change, Democracy, & Slavery
- Blazing Cat Fur – Iran finds another conspiracy: low oil prices
- The Pirate’s Cove – Dildos and Lynchings: Wendy Davis, Kay Hagan Campaigns Go Insane
- Sultan Knish – The Savage Lands Of Islam submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – The Strong Horse submitted by Joshuapundit
- American Thinker – Reza Aslan’s Marxist Account of Islam submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Harry’s Place – Opening night of Klinghoffer faces protests and disruption submitted by Simply Jews
- American Thinker – Surveillance video captures man stuffing ballot box with hundreds of ballots submitted by VA Right!
- Volokh Conspiracy – Can ministers who make a living by conducting weddings be required to conduct same-sex weddings? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- CFR.Org – Are U.S. Ground Troops Headed to Syria? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Blogmocracy – Debunking Liberal Propaganda, One Lie At A Time submitted by The Right Planet
- Raconteur Report – Ebola: This Is What Science Sounds Like submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Peggy Noonan/WSJ – Who Do They Think We Are? submitted by Nice Deb
- American Interest – Seattle’s Reds Have Minimum Wage Blues submitted by The Razor
- National Review/Jonah Goldberg – Putting the “O” in EbOla submitted by Bookworm Room
- Melanie Phillips/The Jerusalem Post – The false equation of Jew-hatred and Islamophobia submitted by The Watcher
- The Federalist – How Colorado’s Cory Gardner Turned The ‘War On Women’ Against Democrats submitted by The Watcher
- Mona Charon/The Washington Examiner – What women want submitted by The Watcher