Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- Simply Jews – About the recalcitrance of Israeli public and the role of the media
- The Noisy Room – Allah in the Classroom — the ABC’s of Forced Conversion
- The Independent Sentinel – Islamic fundamentalists successfully infiltrating social studies and history texts
- Joshuapundit – A Murder In Jerusalem… And What To Do About It
- The Right Planet – Hezbollah Expanding Its Network in Latin America – Terrorist Captured with Explosives in Peru
- Rhymes With Right – Texas Democrats Follow National Party’s Lead, Shamelessly Engage In Racist Fearmongering
- The Razor – On The Writings of Julius Caesar
- VA Right! – I’m Done Shopping at Pro-Muslim Home Depot. Read This and You Will Be Too.
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Knife Fights
- Bookworm Room – With Ebola, three strands in American culture — entitlement, accommodation, and Prius syndrome — all come together
- Nice Deb – Boots On The Ground: Former US Soldiers Join Kurds in Fight Against ISIS (Video)
- The Glittering Eye – Negative Campaign Advertising Is Working
- Seraphic Secret – Obama Was Warned About ISIS — Did Nothing — Then Lied
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Why vote for Democrats?
- The Pirate’s Cove – Here We Go: Washington Post Upset That Senate Will Be Most Unrepresentative Since WWII
- Texas Scribbler – Lurch and his magic hat submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish – Why Obama Hates Netanyahu submitted by The Noisy Room
- Ed Rogers/WAPO – Will the White House learn any lessons from Campaign 2014? submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Lee Smith/Weekly Standard – Ditching Israel, Embracing Iran submitted by Joshuapundit
- Investigative Project On Terrorism – IPT Exclusive: Qatar’s Insidious Influence on the Brookings Institution submitted by The Right Planet
- PowerLine – Democrats Racebait Across The South submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Magazine – Canada On its Knees submitted by The Razor
- Gatestone Institute – Who is the Real Chickenshit? submitted by VA Right!
- Elliot Abrams/Pressure Points – U.S. Policy, Viewed From the Middle East submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- John O’Sullivan/Wall Street Journal – No Offense: The New Threats to Free Speech submitted by Bookworm Room
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – Pathetic Privilege submitted by Nice Deb
- Sic Semper Tyrannis – Chlorine Bombings, Ghouta, Atrocity Propaganda and False Narratives by CP submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Peggy Noonan/WSJ – How to Lose, and Win, Graciously submitted by The Watcher
- Andrew Roberts/Commentary – Bret Stephens’s Warning submitted by The Watcher