Hat Tip: Citizen Scribe
Hat Tip: BB
Snake Eyes For the Snake-In-Chief!
From the awesome Chris Muir at Day By Day, of course.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
Tom White of Virginia Right is increasing in awesomeness every time we turn around! Aside from his status as a political guru in the Old Dominion, being virtually alone in predicting Dave Brat’s upset victory, he’s now becoming a local go to on other issues as well.
This week, he was cited in the Richmond Post-Dispatch, was interviewed on WRIC, the local ABC outlet and linked to on the station’s website after he wrote a big story locally about how parents in his locality were upset by the odd use of the name ‘Jihad’ in a kid’s math problem, which goes along with the Muslim Brotherhood line about ‘Jihad’ merely meaning ‘struggle’ and thus normal behavior… even though all four Muslim fiqhs (Muslim schools of jurisprudence) agree that it’s primary use is to refer to holy war against the infidel. Here’s Tom in action:
You just know that the retired teacher they let follow him is a hardcore Democrat, right? Outstanding, sir.
And speaking of outstanding, there’s another little matter we need to get to. Tom White just had a birthday that slipped by my notice, so it’s time for a belated festiva, que sabe?
This little number is called a Shadow Cake… yellow sponge with homemade chocolate buttercream, with some candy roses on top.
And to drink, I’m going to resist the urge to go local and splurge on some Veuve Cliqot.
And, for those of you whom indulge, some wondrous Virginia moonshine, manufactured by men who despise both the revenooers (don’t we all?) and the idea of turning perfectly good corn into ethanol. Instead, they provide us with this nectar.
Slanje, Lechaim and Kempai!
Tom is what used to be referred to as a Renaissance man, someone who does many things superbly well. Aside from his undoubted blogging talent (he was chosen a top political blogger by the AFP in the 2012 elections), he’s a highly accomplished singer/songwriter who gigs locally and has his own studio, is highly active in Virginia politics, runs his own insurance agency and is a top IT consultant as well.
Of course, all that aside, he’s a great guy and a firm friend. He’s never failed to help out any of us who are mired in techi-type difficulties and that especially applies to me. Although none of us on the Council have ever met him personally, he was our unanimous choice to be the Council’s treasurer, which is just a small indication of the respect we have for him and the esteem we hold him in.
Me? All I’ll say is that from minute one, Tom was one of those people I instinctively liked. And also on the plus side, he puts up with me… how good is that?
Happy belated my friend. Many, many more.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – Obama Rolls the Dice on Immigration – America Comes Up Snake Eyes
- The Right Planet – The Few, The Proud, The Irregulars
- Simply Jews – Western media on Jerusalem terror or Palestinian media on same: who is better?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Next Defense Secretary
- The Razor – The Left’s War Against Rural America Part 2
- Bookworm Room – Brit Hume’s loud silence reveals the ugly secret about Obama’s immigration amnesty announcement
- Nice Deb – Ferguson Cop’s Wife: DOJ Agents In Town Are “Not There to Guide, They’re There to Harm.”
- Joshuapundit – Strangling the Eagle – Barack Obama And Amnesty, Part I
- VA Right! – A Song Dedicated to the Thugs About to Riot in Ferguson
- Rhymes With Right – Bar Obama From Addressing Congress For State Of The Union!
- The Glittering Eye – Executive Discretion
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Brazenly Lies, Stirs Up Ferguson, Justifies Violating the Constitution on ABC News
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Iran’s really, really, really good nuke week
- The Political Commentator – Why could a new AG Loretta Lynch help current AG Eric Holder?
- The Elder Of Ziyon – Hypocrisy, thy name is Arab: The “Jewish State ” kerfuffle
- Seraphic Secret – Ferguson: How to Burn, Allah, Burn
- Mark Steyn – A Death In Syria submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – Elections Matter? submitted by The Right Planet
- Blazing Cat Fur – Read the ‘hostile’ column that got student writer suspended by campus newspaper submitted by Simply Jews
- Mai Noman – Why Some Arabs Are Rejecting Strict Sharia submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Gateway Pundit – Justice for Mike Brown Means Looting Big Screen TVs submitted by The Razor
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – A Small Man In A Big Office submitted by Bookworm Room
- Drew M/Ace Of Spades HQ – Responding To Obama’s Executive Amnesty: Let Obama Give The State Of The Union Somewhere Else submitted by Nice Deb
- Dennis Prager – We Have a Moral Divide, Not a Racial One submitted by Joshuapundit
- Breitbart – **Media Shock**: New York Times Publishes Darren Wilson’s Address Info submitted by VA Right!
- Hot Air – Ted Cruz: The Senate must block all presidential nominees until Obama rescinds his amnesty submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Register – Renewable energy ‘simply WON’T WORK’: Top Google engineers submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Victor Davis Hanson – Meet The Snobocrats submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- I Own The World – Let Him Go submitted by The Watcher
- Kurt Schlichter – America, You’ve Been Grubered! submitted by The Watcher
Hey, turnabout is actual justice you asshats.
You publish a cop’s address – a cop who justifiably protected himself from a crazed thug – you ruin his life in the name of race and political correctness. Shame on you. He can no longer safely live there with his family. He can’t rent the house in fear of safety for the tenants. A man who just did his job has to resign and hide because you want a headline. Screw you.
5620 N WAYNE AVE APT 2
CHICAGO, IL 60660-4204
1113 N DUPRE ST
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70119-3203
Ted Nugent nails it:
Hat Tip: Citizen Scribe
From: Adam Baldwin