Princess on the steeple and all the pretty people
They’re drinkin’, thinkin’ that they got it made
Exchanging all precious gifts
But you’d better take your diamond ring, you’d better pawn it babe
You used to be so amused
At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used
Go to him now, he calls you, you can’t refuse
When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You’re invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal.
So how does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone ?
Res ipsa loquiter… no morals, no character, no truth.
(Poster by Sabo. Go buy his stuff.)
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, The Political Commentator, IOwnTheWorld Report, The Pirate’s Cove and Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – The Movers and Shakers Behind the Ferguson Riots
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama tells Ferguson extremists “think big’ and “go gradual
- Simply Jews – Prof Alon Ben-Meir is angry or How to break wind in public with impudence
- Bookworm Room – The so-called “campus rape epidemic” reveals that our best and brightest are dumb and immoral
- The Right Planet – Article V Convention — Careful What You Wish For
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Not So Smart Power
- Joshuapundit – The Real Torture Is The Lies, Selective Amnesia And Scramble For Political Cover
- Nice Deb – Video: Obama’s Mortifying BET Interview
- VA Right! – The Courts Side With the Removal of the 9/11 Video From Hanover Schools
- The Razor – Rolling Stone Rape Fiction An Affront to Rape Victims
- The Glittering Eye – The Little Voice
- Rhymes With Right – An Updated Apology That Is Deemed More Correct And Sensitive – But That Also Obscures The Truth
- The Political Commentator – WW2 veterans letter to Barack Obama Circa 2009
- IOwnTheWorld Report – Maybe It’s In The Quran?
- The Pirate’s Cove – UVA Decides Not To Reinstate Greek System Quite Yet
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Can Obama Get the Government He Wants in Israel?
- Michelle Malkin – Obama’s scandal-tainted BCBG (best Chicago golfing buddy) submitted by The Noisy Room
- Tom Blumer/Newsbusters – Jonah Goldberg’s Rolling Stone-U.Va. Doubts Vindicated; His Harsh LA Times Critic Should Publicly Apologize submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Lori Lewinthal Marcus/The Jewish Press – AP Disses ‘Whistleblower’ But a New Whistle Blows submitted by Simply Jews
- Jonah Goldberg/NRO – The UVa Rape Gang That Wasn’t submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sipsey Street Irregulars – Where To Draw The Line? submitted by The Right Planet
- Elliot Abrams/CFR/Pressure Points – Business As Usual With UNRWA submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Jose A. Rodriguez Jr./WAPO – Today’s CIA critics once urged the agency to do anything to fight al-Qaeda submitted by Joshuapundit
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – What’s Really Going on with Holder’s Civil-Rights Crusade against Police Departments submitted by Nice Deb
- Daily Caller – Congresswoman Lummis’ Heartbreaking Speech At Gruber Hearing [VIDEO] submitted by VA Right!
- Reason.Com – Eric Garner’s Death Shows How Stupid Laws Help Get People Killed submitted by The Razor
- JustOneMinute – “If You Were An Early Reader Of the WaPo UVA Rape Expose…” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fire Andrea Mitchell – Oakland #Icantbreathe thugs ransack Safeway, smash 7-11 submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Other McCain – The Rape of Credibility: Feminism’s Agenda and the Jackie Coakley Scandal submitted by The Watcher
- Michael Totten – The Last Days of the Communist Party? submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that! And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results!