With today’s announcement by President Obama that the U.S. will be normalizing relations with Cuba, American foreign policy took a very dark turn. Just at the point when this hideous regime was on the verge of collapse, our president took action that will not promote freedom for the Cuban people, but will throw an economic lifeline to a brutal dictatorship to enable it to stay in power. Disgraceful and shameful beyond words.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
– My latest, Fear And Loathing – Labor And Livni’s Hatnua Join Forces is up at the Times of Israel.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – Boehner Betrays His Conservative Base by Passing the CRomnibus and ‘It Stinks to High Heaven’
- The Independent Sentinel – Did The Republicans Lose The Election?
- Simply Jews – Wayne Madsen does it again or How to be had gracefully
- VA Right! – Why Would the PEC Fight to Keep Easement Enforcement on Martha Boneta’s Farm?
- Rhymes With Right – Harris County GOP Endorses Scott Turner For Texas Speaker Of The House
- The Glittering Eye – How Do You Know What You’re Doing is Right?
- The Razor – Limousine Liberals and Faux Populists
- Bookworm Room – Some of America’s ugliest antisemitism comes from young Hollywood Jews (language warning)
- Joshuapundit – Hanukkah, The Festival Of Lights And Freedom
- Nice Deb – Sheriff Clark: After Obama, We’re Going To Need A “Period Of Reconstruction To Put The Country Back Together”
- The Right Planet – Let’s Talk LEGAL Immigration, Shall We?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Battle Of The Bulge
- IOwnTheWorldReport.com – Detroilet Prosecutor’s Office Doesn’t Sign Warrants In Time and Dozens of Murders, Child Abusers and Rapists Get Freed
- The Political Commentator – Obama’s Legacy? Pakistani schoolchildren slaughtered by members of the Religion of Peace!
- Blazing Cat Fur – From moderate Democrats to white Evangelicals, nearly every demographic group believes torture can be justified
- Mark Steyn – Emasculated and Enkindled submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sultan Knish – The Savage Lands of Islam submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Will the New Center-Left Coalition Unseat Netanyahu? submitted by Simply Jews
- Washington Times – Federal judge finds Obama amnesty is unconstitutional submitted by VA Right!
- Shoebat.Com – Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake, And Is Denied Service By All Of Them (WATCH THE SHOCKING VIDEO) submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sic Semper Tyrannus – The US must purge itself submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Kurt Schlichter – Nothing Succeeds Like Liberal Secession submitted by The Razor
- Sultan Knish – Life In Post truth America submitted by Bookworm Room
- Lee Smith/The Weekly Standard – America in Retreat: The New Isolationism and the Coming World Disorder submitted by Joshuapundit
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – The Feinstein Report Is Going to Cost Us submitted by Nice Deb
- Patterico’s Pontifications – The Hidden Bad Assumptions in Socialist Thought submitted by The Right Planet
- The Federalist – Dads, Give Your Daughters The Gift Of Football submitted by The Watcher
- Byron York/Washington Examiner – Yes, Congress can stop Obama’s immigration action submitted by The Watcher