No, it definitely ain’t chocolate, no matter how long the True Believers ignore the stench.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Our dear friend Marion Algier of Ask Marion passed away Monday, after a long battle with uterine cancer. She was an amazing person, with the rare combination of strongly held principles and convictions and a sweet and giving nature, and we will miss her a great deal.
During her battle with cancer, she never once gave in or lost her faith and I will always be proud to have known such a brave, heroic woman.
She is now at peace and may her memory be a blessing.
Terresa Monroe-Hamilton of the Noisy Room enjoyed yet another milestone on her way to blogging superstardom. She got one of her superb articles linked to and quoted by VodkaPundit over at PJ Media, from whence it went viral. Congrats, M’Dear… Council Akbar!
We have a brand new Council member, someone I’ve been a fan of for some time along with some of my fellow Council members. We’re all delighted to welcome Fausta to our group as she makes her Council debut this week.
If you haven’t read her before, you’re in for a superb treat, trust me on that.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- Maggie’s Notebook – Trans-Pacific Partnership: How It Enters Into Force – WikiLeaks Leaks
- Joshuapundit – Breaking – US Arming Hezbollah With State-Of-The-Art Missiles
- The Noisy Room – The Cyberweapons Club: Easy, Cheap & Available… Spurs New Arms Race
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Hail, Columbia!
- Fausta’s Blog – Colombia: The FARC borrow a page from Iran and Cuba
- Bookworm Room – Let’s talk about the bloodshed in Israel
- Puma By Design – Agenda 2030 — Trans Pacific Partnership – Bad for America (UPDATED)
- The Right Planet – #UpdateBrazil: Communist Infiltration In The US Government
- The Glittering Eye – Good Fences Make Good Neighbors
- VA Right! – Canova Peterson Platform: Eliminating proffers that were never actually paid made new houses, (up 13%), more affordable
- The Razor – What 25 Years Together Have Taught Me
- Nice Deb – Ralph Peters:“Obama’s Crawling Away From the Middle East Like a Crippled Hamster”
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Admits Gun Laws Aren’t to Find Shooters But to Limit Gun Ownership
- Don Surber – How L.L. Bean became a shoe
- The Pirate’s Cove – USA Today Offers Advice On How To Make Bernie Sanders And Socialism Less Scary
- Gates Of Vienna – Psycho-Germany
- Simply Jews – Gideon Levy – Mr Israeli Conscience and the boundless morality thereof
- Seraphic Secret – Democrat Party = Anti-Zionism = Jew-Hatred
- James Dellingpole/Breitbart – Top Physicist Freeman Dyson: Obama Picked the ‘Wrong side’ on Climate Change submitted by Maggie’s Notebook
- Powerline – The Times Backs Off On Temple Trutherism submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish – How Buying Guns for Oppressed Jews Built the American Jewish Establishment submitted by The Noisy Room
- Robert Gates And Condoleezza Rice/WaPo – How America can counter Putin’s moves in Syria submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Mark Steyn – The Uncowardly Lioness submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Bret Stephens/WSJ – Palestine: The Psychotic Stage submitted by Bookworm Room
- Gateway Pundit – As Part of Schoolwork: German Kids Required to Make Beds, Cook and Clean for Migrants at Centers submitted by Puma By Design
- Michael Weiss/the Daily Beast – Russia’s Giving ISIS An Air Force submitted by The Right Planet
- Jon Gabriel/Ricochet – Media Narrative Chat submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Poor Richard’s News – BUSTED! CNN used planted Bush staffer at event to frame Trump as anti-women submitted by VA Right!
- Brendan O’Neill/Reason.Com – Baby Boomers Share Blame for Today’s Censorship-Happy Students submitted by The Razor
- Selwyn Duke/American Thinker – What Really Drives Obama’s Destructive Mideast Policy? submitted by Nice Deb
- Dan Greenfield/FrontPage – Thieves, Liars And Idiots; The Two Hour Democratic debate submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Byron York/Washington Examiner – At CNN, a double standard for Dem, GOP debates submitted by The Watcher
- Michael Totten – The Iraq of Latin America submitted by The Watcher
- Commentary – The Consequences of Mayhem submitted by The Watcher