The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
“This morning in Jerusalem Palestinians attacked Jews who were praying in a synagogue. To have this kind of act, which is a pure result of incitement, of calls for ‘days of rage,’ of just irresponsibility, is unacceptable.”
“People who have come to worship God in a sanctuary of a synagogue were/// murdered in a holy place in an act of pure terror and senseless brutality and murder.” – U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry
“There are two races of men in this world but only these two: the race of the decent man and the race of the indecent man.” – Victor Frankl, Auschwitz survivor, in ‘Man’s Search For Meaning’
“It’s not enough for us to say: ‘There are those carrying out Ribat’ (religious war over land claimed to be Islamic). We must all carry out Ribat in the Al-Aqsa [Mosque]. It’s not enough for us to say: ‘The settlers have arrived [at the Mosque]’. They have come, and we have to prevent them, by any means necessary, from entering the Sanctuary. They have no right to enter it. They have no right to defile it. – Mahmoud Abbas, inciting violence on Official Palestinian Authority TV
This week’s winning essay was Joshuapundit’s – The Blood Of Zion Cries Out. It was my reaction on the day four rabbis and a Druze traffic cop who tried to stop the killers were murdered with guns and meat cleavers in a Jerusalem synagogue. Here’s a slice:
Early this morning, four Jews at morning prayers were murdered in a synagogue in Jerusalem after two Palestinian broke in and assaulted the worshipers with gunfire and meat cleavers.
Many others were wounded and four are in critical condition.
The terrorist attack took place in Har Hof a predominantly Orthodox neighborhood at the Kehilat Yaakov synagogue on Agasi Street.
The Murder victims were identified as Rabbi Moshe Twersky, the head of the Torat Moshe yeshiva, 59; 40-year-old Rabbi Aryeh Kupinsky; 50-year-old Rabbi Kalman Levine; and 68-year-old Rabbi Avraham Shmuel Goldberg(HY”D). Rabbi Kupinsky, Rabbi Levine and Rabbi Twersky were all American citizens, while Rabbi Goldberg was a British subject. A Druze policeman, 30-year-old Master Sergeant Zidan Sif subsequently died of his wounds as well, and all Israel will mourn and honor him.
The killers stormed the synagogue at 7 AM local time. There was no warning and no way for the victims to defend themselves.The rabbis were murdered during the sacred prayer of Shimoneh Esrei, with siddurim (prayer books) in their hands and their tefillum on.
Eye witness Ya’akov Amos said: ‘The terrorist moved to within a metre of me then started shooting. One, two, three, bang, bang, bang. I immediately hit the ground and tried to protect myself with a prayer stand. He kept screaming ‘Allah hu’Akbar’.
There was blood everywhere, so much that one of the medical workers slipped in it and broke his leg.
The international reaction was interesting. Even U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry seemed shocked, with his voice quavering. He even used the “T” word and called for an end to incitement against Jews.
Phillip Hammond, Britain’s Foreign Secretary contented himself with a bloodless statement that ‘both sides’ should seek to ‘reduce tension.’ President Obama, of course, said much the same thing. Somehow, I doubt they would have merely talked about both sides reducing tension if four imams had been murdered by a Jew and Qu’rans profaned in this way.
Israel’s economics minister Naftali Bennett was interviewed by the BBC today, and provides us with another indication of exactly how sick and depraved Britain has become when it comes to Israel and the Jews.
(just a hint – when Bennett mentions Abu Mazen, he is using Mahmoud Abbas’s nom de guerre, the terrorist name he used as Arafat’s second-in-command.)
Notice how the interviewer doesn’t even address the issue of Abbas inciting terrorism, but pulls the case of an Arab bus driver who died yesterday, as though that made the savage murder of four Jews at prayer legitimate. That Arab driver, by the way, had a full investigation and an autopsy done on him and there is no doubt he committed suicide. Unlike the Palestinian Authority, Israel jails murderers no matter who they are.
I really felt like saying ‘Kol Hakavod’ when Bennett held up a picture of one of the victims, which the interviewer hastily told him to put down lest he upset the gentle sensibilities of her viewers. I think it is absolutely essential to do just that – to let the British public see what their government is funding and supporting. And I hope it upsets them to the point of utter shame.
At the end of the interview, Bennett says that Britain is going to have to make a choice of whether they support the Free World or not. As I’m sure Bennett knows, the British Government has already made that choice. Which is why, perhaps, they feel compelled to put up with soldiers being beheaded in broad daylight and no go areas for police and non-Muslims in London and other large British cities.
The murderers were both killed in a shootout with police at the scene. They were Ghassan and Oday Abu Jamal from the Jabal Mukaber neighborhood in east Jerusalem. Needless to say, they were acclaimed as heroes and martyrs by all the factions of the Arabs whom call themselves Palestinians.
“We responded with shouts of joy when we received the news about their deaths,” Ala’a Abu Jamal said of his cousins Ghassan and Uday Abu Jamal to Yedioth Aharonoth. “People here distributed candies to guests who visited us, and there was joy for the martyrs.”
In a message published on its official new website Al-Resalah, Hamas said the attack was “a quality development in fighting the occupation. We highly value the heroism of its operatives.” Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri praised the attack on Qatari news channel Al-Jazeera as “heroic,” calling for more attacks of the same kind.
Hamas MP Mushir Al-Masri happily wrote on Twitter that “Jerusalem has nothing but men who love martyrdom. The heroes of the knife are in Jerusalem. The heroes of the run-over [car attacks] are in Jerusalem. In Jerusalem men take revenge.”
And he posted this on his Facebook page:
The Arab killer is asking ‘Where are they hiding?” Needless to say, in spite of what this cartoon shows none of the worshipers were armed.
And Fatah? Mahmoud Abbas, AKA Abu Mazen issued a ‘condemnation’ that wasn’t one. In a statement (in English, not Arabic) it said that “The Palestinian presidency” condemns violence “from whatever source” and “demands an end to the invasions of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the provocations of the Settlers.”
In other words, ‘So sorry, but unless you surrender Jerusalem to us expect more of the same.’
This is the same Mahmoud Abbas who accused Jews of “contaminating” Al-Aqsa Mosque last week, who just a few days ago was telling his people, in Arabic, to ‘defend Jerusalem’ by any means necessary. This is the same Mahmoud Abbas who said nothing when Fatah published cartoons and Facebook posts encouraging terrorist attacks on Jews and “days of rage” to defend the ‘threatened’ Al-Aqsa.
Tawfik Tirawi, former chief of the Palestinian General Security in the West Bank and a member of Fatah’s Central Committee made it even plainer, and in Arabic. Today he told a radio station in Hebron that the attack was “nothing but a reaction to the recent crimes of the occupation and the settlers in occupied Jerusalem and across the nation. The threats of the occupation against our people and the Palestinian leadership, represented by the president, will only increase our efforts in safeguarding our rights.”
His remarks were reprinted on Fatah’s official Facebook page.
I should make something clear here. This is not the fault of Abbas, or Hamas, or any of the Arabs who identify themselves as Palestinians.
It is the fault of the Israeli government.
A significant number of the Palestinians are simply acting as they have always acted since the 1920′s, and these tendencies were unleashed even further once Arafat and the PLO were allowed in to take over after Oslo.
Israeli governments since Oslo have always allowed themselves to be pressured to ignore these instances of sheer horror… to release convicted murderers, to make concessions to the terrorist entities on Israel’s borders, and most of all to avoid finishing them off entirely when their violence and bloodshed mandated a response. This has been especially true since Barack Obama, who styles himself as the Palestinian’s very own community organizer entered the White House.
Is it any wonder that this sort of thing continues to happen? Is it really so puzzling that after allowing Hamas to continue in Gaza and maintaining any kind of relationship with Abbas and the PLO once they allied themselves openly with Hamas that they would resort back to Arafat’s tactics?
Yasser Arafat himself outlined for his followers what this war was really about. On Jordanian TV, right after signing the Oslo Accords he was criticized for signing a peace agreement with the Jews. He responded by reminding his audience of the Peace of Hubidiyeh, a treaty Mohammed made with the Quraysh tribe that he violated as soon as he was strong enough to massacre them, a story every Muslim knows. And then he outlined exactly what this war was about, saying that “either the Jews will push us into the sea or we will push them into the sea.”
Arafat, the leaders of Hamas and numerous members of Fatah have sung the same songs for years. Is it their fault that Israeli governments for years have refused to take them seriously?
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Victor Davis Hanson – A Moral primer submitted by Joshuapundit. Hanson is an old classicist among his other virtues. In this essay, he looks at the state of America and the world, and especially the president who leads us and sees a lack of political and personal morality as a deadly problem, possibly a terminal one for our republic. Do read it.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 6 1/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – A Murder In Jerusalem… And What To Do About It
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The Noisy Room – The Subjugation of Christianity and America to the Muslim Brotherhood and Allah
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Found It On Facebook: Everything That’s Wrong With A Poster From The Left
- Third place *t* with 2/3 votes – The Razor – The Left’s War Against Rural America
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet – Common Core and Qatar – Sharia Education for All!
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – The tortuous un-logic of Will Self, a Jewish un-Jew
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Independent Sentinel – Saving Some Wild Chickens With The Largest Federal land Grabs In Modern Times
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – About the recalcitrance of Israeli public and the role of the media
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Victor Davis Hanson – A Moral primer submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – John Bolton/NY Post – Iran’s nukes: Too desperate for a deal submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – David Horovitz/Times Of Israel – Seize the day: A challenge to Netanyahu submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Sultan Knish – Super-Amnesty Will Turn Every City into Detroit submitted by The Noisy Room
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Mollie Hemingway/The Federalist – It’s Time To Push Back Against Feminist Bullies submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Ace Of Spades-Gruber Truthers really need to shut the f*** up nowsubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – John Fund/NRO – Gruber’s Deception submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes – The Wilderness – Real Genius: Feminism Leaves Science in the Dirt submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Patterico’s Pontifications – Linda Greenhouse: I Am Horrified That the Supreme Court Took Up the Halbig Issue submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Taki’s Mag/Gavin McInnes – 10 Black Things Liberals Just Don’t Understand submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Sultan Knish – Life Under The Victimocracy submitted by The Independent Sentinel
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
>And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere and you won’t want to miss it… or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
By: JB Williams
Right Side News
The North American Law Center (NALC), working in concert with numerous patriot groups across America, placed House Republicans on notice demanding that they use constitutional congressional power to stop Barack Obama from illegally issuing defacto amnesty for millions of illegal aliens.
House Republicans followed by placing Barack Hussein Obama on OFFICIAL NOTICE ahead of Obama’s scheduled TV event at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday the 20th.
In part, that OFFICIAL NOTICE states…
The clear threat is to impeach Barack Obama if he dares to act unilaterally on Immigration and Naturalization, beyond the constitutional authority of the Executive Branch.
Article I delegates all law making authority to Congress alone. Section 8 – the Enumerated Powers of Congress delegates all authority over Immigration and Naturalization rules to Congress alone as well.
So, any unilateral Executive action on immigration by Barack Obama is a blatant subversive act and an open attempt to usurp the constitutional authority of Congress. It may in fact rise to the level of an act of treason against the U.S. Constitution and the American people, as an overt breach of trust and violation of Barack Obama’s oath of office.
There is nothing in Article II of the U.S. Constitution granting the Oval Office the power to usurp, subvert or ignore the laws of the United States as established by Congress.
On at least twenty-five separate occasions caught on video, Obama has stated correctly and unequivocally that the Oval Office has no power to alter or ignore U.S. Immigration and Naturalization laws, rules or policies, as established by Congress. This means that the crime he is about to commit against the United States is both willful and premeditated.
The question is… what will members of Congress and the American people do about it?
Once again, Republican Party leaders are talking about suing Obama over his abuse of office. There is no precedence or legal authority granted by the Constitution to sue a president for treasonous acts. The U.S. Constitution states precisely what Congress can and must do when an Oval Office occupant is acting against the United States and beyond their Constitutional authority….
Article II – Section 4 states – “The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”
Congress must impeach Barack Obama for his unconstitutional actions. Suing Obama is nothing more than an overt attempt to escape the constitutional authority and duties of Congress by avoiding the obvious remedy prescribed for just such an occasion in the U.S. Constitution.
Before Congress can force the Executive Branch to respect the Constitution, they must respect the Constitution themselves.
In this case, Obama’s unilateral action on immigration meets the following test…
· Such an action is beyond the legal authority of the Executive Branch
· As a result, it is a direct violation of the U.S. Constitution
· The act is of, by and for La Raza and millions of illegal aliens, not the American people
· As such, it is an overt act of war against the American people
· The act directly threatens both national sovereignty, security, and the rule of law
· As such, it is again, an overt act of war against the American people and national security
· Congress has placed Obama on OFFICIAL NOTICE in advance of the act
· As a result, the act will be with the prior knowledge that it is unconstitutional and illegal
THIS IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE – It involves bribery from groups like La Raza via their millions in democrat campaign donations and lobby efforts. It involves numerous high crimes and misdemeanors, the result of which rises to the level of treason against the United States and the American people.
WHOM TO HOLD ACCOUNTABLE?
Unfortunately, it is Republicans who sit in the hot seat on this. Republicans have all the power they need to STOP EXECUTIVE ORDER AMNESTY and they know it, proven by the OFFICIAL NOTICE delivered to Barack Obama more than 24 hours before his action.
The TOP Republicans are in charge and that makes them responsible for what happens in the next several hours. Now that they have officially threatened impeachment, they must impeach or stick their own necks in the noose!
Others who must be held accountable for this constitutional crisis are members of the media who have withheld the truth on the subject from the American people and worked with political activists to mislead citizens on foolish and cowardly concepts like filing frivolous suits. Just a few…
Then there are internet experts like Dr. Edwin Vieira and Devvy Kidd who claim that “Obama cannot be impeached because he isn’t really the President;” which I’m sure comes as news to the U.S. Supreme Court and every member of Congress, not to mention millions of Americans. This effort to mislead citizens away from the constitutional remedy prescribe in Article II – Section 4, Impeachment, and towards criminal charges, arrest and hanging for treason, is an overt attempt to confuse and paralyze “the people” allowing Obama to continue his assault on the Constitution.
Of course, neither Dr. Vieira nor Kidd have followed their own expert advice and filed a criminal complaint against Obama in order to prove their legal theory. No matter their intentions, the outcome is horrific.
We also have to hold political gurus like Karl Rove accountable, for playing politics with the Constitutional Republic instead of stand up to protect and preserve it at any cost.
Nobody should be asking “what will politicians do?” – Politicians will do what politicians always do, play politics, even with the total destruction of the Constitution and the Republic, unless “the people” do something to hold them accountable.
Over the next 48 hours, we are going to learn everything we want to know.
· We well learn exactly what Obama thinks of the Constitution and the American people…
· We will learn just how courageous or cowardly House Republicans are…
· We will learn just how courageous or cowardly “the people” really are…
The people have the power to force their representatives to do what must be done, if they will. If they don’t, they will likely watch their newly elected Republicans run for cover in the face of the greatest constitutional crisis to ever face our once great nation.
And that is how Obama can get away with totally destroying the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Evil will prevail wherever good men (and women) do nothing! This is exactly how every free society died after only 200 years or so in existence. The people let it die!
Obama is forcing Congressional Republicans to either Impeach him or stand down as he finishes off the destruction of the U.S. Constitutional Republic. Now we wait to see how “the people” and Republicans react to Obama’s massive treason…
By: Sher Zieve
What Obama is… effectively nullifying the General Election of 2 weeks ago, establishing himself as ruler and–once and for all–rendering Congress null and void. He is effectively legalizing new Democrat voters and nullifying the existing legal American population.
After the landslide elections on 4 November 2014, Obama was said to be even more furious with the “stupid American voters” than usual. And, with his now usual arrogant bravado he is–with his recently announced coming actions–saying to the American people “Your petty little elections mean nothing to me. I’m beyond your laws as well as your wants and needs. Once I’m fully ensconced in and with my dictatorship and can openly eliminate anyone and everyone I want to destroy…I will!”
In order to finish his destruction of the USA,. Obama plans to announce he will give Amnesty–and likely the path to or full citizenship–to millions of illegals who are still streaming across the US’ Southern Border, which is (by Obama’s command) wide open and no longer being protected by the US Border Patrol.
Recently, Obama’s lackeys have floated the line, “this is what President Reagan did.” No…it is not. When President Ronald Reagan gave what amounted to limited Amnesty (I opposed it at the time) he signed a bill that had been passed by Congress–the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (a.k.a., “Simpson-Mazzoli” bill). President Reagan signed the bill…he did not write or rewrite it! On the other hand, Obama is effectively rewriting existing law and placing himself now-firmly in the position of Dictator-in-Chief Barack Hussein Obama; a title I gave him years ago and which will now be evident to all. Obama does not have the legal authority to write or rewrite laws. But, he’s doing it, as no one has yet stopped him.
What Obama is doing is effectively nullifying the General Election of 2 weeks ago, establishing himself as ruler and–once and for all–rendering Congress null and void. He is effectively legalizing new Democrat voters and nullifying the existing legal American population.
Obama will, also, officially declare war against the legal American citizens–white, brown, black, Hispanic etc..–and announce he is replacing them with illegals. Obama recently announced that he will begin flying (via charter flights) children and their family members from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador…more replacements for the now-awakened American voters. Illegal and treasonous. The flights will begin next month. Guess whose paying for them…you are!
Any way we slice it, this is in-your-face treason, folks. We did the right thing with our recent elections. But–as predicted–Obama will not recognize them. He and his criminal syndicate are–and have been–completely lawless. If we vote against Obama, he and his minions simply ignore us and seize more power. What do you want to do, America? We are now on the cliff and Obama is pushing us over. Do you still want to live? Do you?
“The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan,
with all power, signs, and lying wonders.”
– II Thessalonians 2:9 (NKJ)
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986:
Obama State Dept. Creates New Program to Import Children from Latin America:
Hat Tip: BB
On November 20, 2011 Mexico celebrated the Centennial Anniversary of its Revolution. On this date, in the year 1910 the revolutionary war to overthrow the dictator Porfirio Díaz, began.
Hat Tip: BB
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – The Subjugation of Christianity and America to the Muslim Brotherhood and Allah
- Simply Jews – The tortuous un-logic of Will Self, a Jewish un-Jew
- The Independent Sentinel – Saving Some Wild Chickens With The Largest Federal Land Grabs In Modern Times
- Joshuapundit – The Blood Of Zion Cries Our
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – A Third Offset Strategy
- The Right Planet – Common Core and Qatar – Sharia Education for All!
- Nice Deb – The Gruber Tapes 1 – 10
- The Razor – The Left’s War Against Rural America
- Rhymes With Right – I Sympathize – But It Doesn’t Change My Mind
- The Glittering Eye – Attracting STEM Workers
- Bookworm Room – Found It On Facebook: Everything That’s Wrong With A Poster From The Left
- VA Right! – Bitter ‘Cantor Clingers’ Working to Undermine Conservatives and the Will of the People
- The Political Commentator – ‘No visa for you ball bouncing Jew!’
- Gates Of Vienna – What Happened at the National Cathedral Last Friday?
- The Pirate’s Cove – Illegal Aliens Given Executive “Amnesty” By Obama Will Be Eligible For Public Benefits
- Right Truth – Another American Beheaded by ISIS, the World and Obama Yawns…
- Sultan Knish – Super-Amnesty Will Turn Every City into Detroit submitted by The Noisy Room
- David Horovitz/Times Of Israel – Seize the day: A challenge to Netanyahu submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish – Life Under The Victimocracy submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Victor Davis Hanson – A Moral primer submitted by Joshuapundit
- John Bolton/NY Post – Iran’s nukes: Too desperate for a deal submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Jim Powell/The Future of Freedom Foundation – How FDR Promoted Racial Segregation submitted by The Right Planet
- Mollie Hemingway/The Federalist – It’s Time To Push Back Against Feminist Bullies submitted by Nice Deb
- Taki’s Mag/Gavin McInnes – 10 Black Things Liberals Just Don’t Understand submitted by The Razor
- Patterico’s Pontifications – Linda Greenhouse: I Am Horrified That the Supreme Court Took Up the Halbig Issue submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Wilderness – Real Genius: Feminism Leaves Science in the Dirt submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Ace Of Spades – Gruber Truthers really need to shut the f*** up now submitted by Bookworm Room
- Daily Caller – WaPo Fact Checker: Obama Flip-Flopped On Executive Amnesty submitted by VA Right!
- John Fund/NRO – Gruber’s Deception submitted by The Watcher
- Jerusalem Post Staff – Unjustifiable Horror submitted by The Watcher