My question to House Republicans is simple: are you going to honor your commitment to the voters who elected you or are you simply going to suffer Borg-like absorption into the Beltway establishment?
Will you be on the right side of history or not? What will you be able to proudly tell your grandchildren about what you did to protect this Republic?
Or will you instead knowingly participate in the ugly, corrosive deconstruction of the American form of government?
Over at Breitbart, Matthew Boyle alerts us to another House Republican who has decided to stand up against the Beltway elites of both parties.
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) issued a statement on Saturday detailing why he’s going to vote against House Speaker John Boehner’s re-election on Tuesday… Massie, who’s entering his second term as a member from Kentucky, now becomes the second Republican House member announcing the coming rebellion against Boehner.
Massie joins Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) in the fight for fresh leadership, and in his statement he detailed how Boehner and his leadership actually have misled members of the House GOP conference.
…Massie reported focused mostly on Boehner’s work on the so-called “CRomnibus” $1.1 trillion spending bill [stating] that Boehner “schedule[d] a fiscal crisis in a lame duck session on the last legislative day before Christmas to get maximum leverage over rank and file members” and then worked to “mislead members into thinking that a vote on an unpopular bill was postponed, only to then conduct a rushed voice vote on the $10 billion unfunded spending measure with fewer than a dozen members present.”
Boehner also made sure to “give members less than 72 hours to read bills over 1,000 pages long, and,” Massie said, has proven he will “remove members from committees simply because they voted for the principles upon which they campaigned.”
“With a process this broken, is it any wonder that Washington no longer works for the people?” Massie said. “My constituents expect better, and America deserves better. On January 6th, 2015, I will vote for a new Speaker who will consistently articulate a constitutional vision for America and facilitate an inclusive and orderly legislative process that allows Congress to truly reflect the will of the people.”
These developments are exceedingly important. Earlier today, Tiffiny Ruegner offers a decisive set of instructions for those who have had it up to here with Boehner, Rove, Priebus, and the rest of the cocktail circuit geniuses.
This weekend spend all the time you can spare spreading the word and asking ALL your friends on Social Media to
tell their Congressman to deny reelection to John Boehner. Follow these steps:
1. Find your Congressman (CLICK HERE)
2. If your Congressman is Democrat spend your time sending these steps to everyone you can!
If your Congressman is Republican click on their name and scroll to the bottom of their website to get their phone number and email.
3. Call your Congressmen and tell them: “I live in your district, I am an active voter and volunteer with the Republican Party. I will be watching your vote for Speaker, Tuesday. If you utter the words ‘John Boehner’ and offer no other alternative to the man who has bent over backwards to please Obama, I will make the next two years miserable for you. I will do everything in my power to stop any donations or any support from others in this district even if it means going door to door to reveal who you really are. If you put up another alternative to John Boehner, I will become your #1 fan and do everything in my power to make sure my neighbors know what a hero you are and to reach into their pockets to support you.”
4. Email a similar statement to your Congressmen.
5. Spend 20+ minutes each day the next 3 days to pass this information on to your neighbors and social media friends.
NOTE: If you have a twitter account use hashtag #FireBoehner
Just 29 patriots.
Will your representative be part of the rebellion that helped rewrite the history books? Will you take action to help transform America back to its rightful, constitutional roots?
Hat tip: BadBlue News.