Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques/Eddie
Eddie did a great job on this! $1,591,200 in annual salaries, not counting make-up artist and hair-stylist. Disgraceful!!
“In my own life in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, “… Michelle Obama
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.
Just think, Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary from her husband’s salary.
Total Personal Staff members for other first ladies paid by taxpayers:
- Mamie Eisenhower: One– paid for personally out of President’s salary.
- Jackie Kennedy: One
- Roseline Carter: One
- Barbara Bush: One
- Hilary Clinton: Three
- Laura Bush: One
- Michele Obama: Twenty-two
How things have changed! If you’re one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers,prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Ms Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:
Michele Obama’s personal staff:
- One.. $172,200 – Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
- Two.. $140,000 – Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
- Three.. $113,000 – Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
- Four.. $102,000 – Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President
and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
- Five.. $100,000 – Winter, Melissa (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
- Six.. $90,000 Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
- Seven.. $84,000 – Lilyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
- Eight.. $75,000 – Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
- Nine.. $70,000 – Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Project for the First Lady)
- Ten.. $65,000 – Burnough, Erinn (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
- Eleven.. $64,000 – Reinstein, Joseph B.(Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
- Twelve.. $62,000 – Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
- Thirteen.. $60,000 Fitz, Alan O.(Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director
for the First Lady)
- Fourteen.. $57,500 – Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
- Fifteen… $52,500 – Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
- Sixteen.. $50,000 – Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
- Seventeen.. $45,000 – Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
- Eighteen.. $43,000 – Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
- Nineteen.. $40,000 – Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
- Twenty.. $36,000 – Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
- Twenty-One.. $35,000 – Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
- Twenty-Two.. $35,000 – Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(total $1,591,200 in annual salaries)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady’s social life.
One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and “First Hairstylist” Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe .
Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com
Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press had to publish this, perhaps because America no longer has a free press and the USA media is too scared that they might be considered racist or suffer at the hands of Obama.