THE GREAT RENEGER
Hat Tip: Brian B.
Hat Tip: Brian B.
Hat Tip: Gateway Pundit
Northwest Intelligence Network – The coming of an American Reichstag? (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
The New Editor – Stouffers To Include Suicide Prevention Tips On Single Serve Microwavable Meals
The New Editor – Report: About 20% of House staffers make six-figure salaries
Brutally Honest – The incredible hypocrisy of the “inciting violence” crowd
The Anchoress – Putz, Putsch? – UPDATED
Michelle Malkin – Unhinged: the mugshot collection
Michelle Malkin – How the Left fakes the hate: A primer
The Radio Patriot – Bright and shiny Breitbart
Bob McCarty Writes – Soldier’s Family Given 30 Minutes to Say Goodbye
Lorie Byrd – Josh Marshall — Beyond Absurd
RedState – Josh Marshall and the Democrats are Rubber. We’re Glue. Except For Our 30 Story Tall Rock Throwing Giant.
Kim Priestap – Hoyer: Democrats received threats, nasty phone messages after passing ObamaCare
Gateway Pundit – Singer Gloria Estefan Leads Massive Freedom March to Denounce Castro Regime
Gateway Pundit – South Korean Ship Sunk; Several Sailors Killed; Fire Returned; Birds Suspected (Updated)
Gateway Pundit – PBS Now Offering Teachers Indoctrination Materials on Nationalized Healthcare
Gateway Pundit – Leftist Issues Death Threats to Palin, Her Family & “Teabaggers” – Media Silent
Gateway Pundit – Wisconsin Has 70,000 Mismatched Voter ID Cards… Calls It a Success
Gateway Pundit – Obama Refuses to Dine With Jewish Leader
Gateway Pundit – Oh Brother. Lib Media Claims Rock Was Thrown Through Rep’s Office Window… On 30th Floor
Gateway Pundit – Rep. Michele Bachmann Says Her Property Was Vandalized & She Received Threats (Video)
Gateway Pundit – Obama to force lenders to eliminate monthly mortgage payments for unemployed
Gateway Pundit – Max Baucus (D-Marxist): Obamacare Will Address The “Mal-Distribution Of Income In America”
Gateway Pundit – Cuban Marxist Dictator Fidel Castro Praises Obama & Dems on Nationalizing Health Care
Gateway Pundit – Gaddafi & Assad Call on Arab States to Rescue Jerusalem From Israelis
Patterico’s Pontifications – Leftist Issues Death Threats to Palin and Family on Twitter (Hat Tip: Kim Priestap)
The Heritage Foundation – Time for an EMP Recognition Day (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
WND – Obama’s extremist pal declares ‘socialism has a future’ (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Right Side News – The Election That Never Was (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Fox News – Immigration Reform Could KO Health Care (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
Infowars.com – Police Recruit Internet Cafe Owners To Spy On Users (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
Fox News – North Korea Wants to Nuke Us, So Why Is China Lending a Hand? (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
NorthJersey.com – Beware of plans for New World Order (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
NRO – Health-Care Time Bombs (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
NRO – The VAT Cometh (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Michelle Malkin – Is Global Warming Causing the Tea Parties?
Michelle Malkin – Andrew Breitbart Offers $10,000 to United Negro College Fund
Michelle Malkin – NPR Drops ‘Pro-Life’ for ‘Abortion Rights Opponents’
Michelle Malkin – In Hypothetical 2012 Matchup, Obama in Statistical Dead Heat Against 2 Republicans: Nobody and Anybody
Michelle Malkin – Prove a Health Care Protester Used the N-Word, Win $10,000
MSNBC – McCain enlists Palin in 2010 Senate fight (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
MSNBC – Record numbers now licensed to pack heat (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Paul Kiser’s Blog – It’s Baaack: Sunspot Maximum Here It Comes (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
ABC – Scott Brown: President’s Rhetoric ‘Inappropriate’ (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
WSJ – We Good Europeans (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
AZ Central – Bills to OK carrying concealed guns without permits advance (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Bob McCarty Writes – Wealth Distribution on the Menu in Austin
Atlas Shrugs – Anti-Semite in the White House: Obama “Humiliates” Jewish Leader and “Dumps” Him
Atlas Shrugs – AINOS — Americans in Name Only
The Washington Post – Iowa man joins protest against Obama and health-care reform (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
The Washington Examiner – Message to Dems: People still don’t like Obamacare (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
AmmoLand.com – Military Cartridge Brass Destruction 2010 – Round 2 (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Fox News – An ACORN by Any Other Name Still Smells Like an ACORN, Critics Say (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Fox News – Obama Campaign Arm Appeals for Donations After Threats to Lawmakers (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
The Washington Post – SKorean navy ship sinks, North link played down
Business Week – AT&T to take $1 billion charge on Health Care Reform
FT – Supply fears start to hit Treasuries; Worries about demand after poorly received bond auctions
Breitbart – ACORN sting filmmaker charge reduced in video stunt at Sen. Landrieu’s office
Yahoo! News – Replica of U.S. slave ship sails into Havana
Breitbart – COURT RULES IN FAVOR OF KEY PART OF MCCAIN FEINGOLD
Big Government – Report: Democratic Stimulus Haul is Almost Double Republicans
Reuters – U.S. looks to export drone technology to allies
Fox News – From Taxi Driver to Terrorist?
Fox News – Hezbollah Ramping Up in U.S.?
Fox News – Obama, Russian Leader Sign Nuke Reduction Treaty
Fox News – Larry Summers Stepping Down?
Hat Tip: The New Editor
Timeline of Major Provisions in the Democrats’ Health Care Package
• 2-year tax credit (total cap of $1B) for new chronic disease therapy investments
• Medicare cuts to hospitals begin (long-term care (7/1/09) and inpatient and
rehabilitation facilities (FY10))
• States and Federal officials review premium increases
• FDA authorized to approve “follow-on” biologics
• Increase brand name pharmaceutical Medicaid rebate (from 15.1% to 23.1%)
• Medicare payments to physicians in primarily rural areas increase (2 years)
• Deny “black liquor” eligibility for cellulosic biofuel producers credit
• Tax credits provided to certain small employers for health care-related expenses
• Increase adoption tax incentives for 2 years
• Codify economic substance doctrine and impose penalties for underpayments
(transactions on/after 3/23/10)
• Provide income exclusion for specified Indian tribe health benefits provided after
• Temporary high-risk pool and high-cost union retiree reinsurance ($5 B each for 3.5
• Impose 10% tax on indoor UV tanning (7/1/10)
• Medicare cuts to inpatient psych hospitals (7/1/10)
• Prohibits lifetime and annual benefit spending limits (plan years beginning 9/23/10)
• Prohibits non-group plans from canceling coverage (rescissions) (plan years
• Requires plans to cover, at no charge, most preventive care (plan years beginning
• Allows dependents to stay on parents’ policies through age 26 (plan years
• Provides limited protections to children with pre-existing conditions (plan years
• Hospitals in “Frontier States” (ND, MT, WY, SD, UT ) receive higher Medicare
• Hospitals in “low-cost” areas receive higher Medicare payments for 2 yrs ($400
• Medicare Advantage cuts begin
• No longer allowed to use FSA, HSA, HRA, Archer MSA distributions for over-the-
• Medicare cuts to home health begin
• Wealthier seniors ($85k/$170k) begin paying higher Part D premiums (not indexed
for inflation in Parts B/D)
• Medicare reimbursement cuts when seniors use diagnostic imaging like MRIs, CT
• Medicare cuts begin to ambulance services, ASCs, diagnostic labs, and durable
• Impose new annual tax on brand name pharmaceutical companies
• Americans begin paying premiums for federal long-term care insurance (CLASS Act)
• Health plans required to spend a minimum of 80% of premiums on medical claims
• Physicians in “Frontier States” (ND, MT, WY, SD, UT ) receive higher Medicare
• Prohibition on Medicare payments to new physician-owned hospitals
• Penalties for non-qualified HSA and Archer MSA distributions double (to 20%)
• Seniors prohibited from purchasing power wheelchairs unless they first rent for 13
• Brand name drug companies begin providing 50% discount in the Part D “donut
• 10% Medicare bonus payment for primary care and general surgery (5 years)
• Employers required to report value of health benefits on W-2
• Steps towards health insurance administrative simplification (reduced paperwork,
etc) begins (5 yr process)
• Additional funding for community health centers (5 years)
• Seniors who hit Part D “donut hole “in 2010 receive $250 check (3/15/11)
• New Medicare cuts to long-term care hospitals begin (7/1/11)
• Additional Medicare cuts to hospitals and cuts to nursing homes and inpatient
rehab facilities begin (FY12)
• New tax on all private health insurance policies to pay for comp. eff. research (plan
years beginning FY12)
• Medicare cuts to dialysis treatment begins
• Require information reporting on payments to corporations
• Medicare to reduce spending by using an HMO-like coordinated care model
(Accountable Care Organizations)
• Medicare Advantage plans with a 4 or 5 star rating receive a quality bonus payment
• New Medicare cuts to inpatient psych hospitals (7/1/12)
• Hospital pay-for-quality program begins (FY13)
• Medicare cuts to hospitals with high readmission rates begin (FY13)
• Medicare cuts to hospice begin (FY13)
• Impose $2,500 annual cap on FSA contributions (indexed to CPI)
• Increase Medicare wage tax by 0.9% and impose a new 3.8% tax on unearned , non-
active business income for those earning over $200k/$250k (not indexed to inflation)
• Generally increases (7.5% to 10%) threshold at which medical expenses, as a % of
income, can be deductible
• Eliminate deduction for Part D retiree drug subsidy employers receive
• Impose 2.3% excise tax on medical devices
• Medicare cuts to hospitals who treat low-income seniors begin
• Post-acute pay for quality reporting begins
• CO-OP Program: Secretary awards loans and grants for establishing nonprofit health
• $500,000 deduction cap on compensation paid to insurance company employees and
• Part D “donut hole” reduction begins, reaching a 25% reduction by 2020
• Individuals without gov’t-approved coverage are subject to a tax of the greater of
$695 or 2.5% of income
• Employers who fail to offer “affordable” coverage would pay a $3,000 penalty for
every employee that receives a subsidy through the Exchange
• Employers who do not offer insurance must pay a tax penalty of $2,000 for every full-
• More Medicare cuts to home health begin
• States must have established Exchanges
• Employers with more than 200 employees can auto-enroll employees in health
coverage, with opt-out
• All non-grandfathered and Exchange health plans required to meet federally-
mandated levels of coverage
• States must cover parents /childless adults up to 138% of poverty on Medicaid,
receive increased FMAP
• Tax credits available for Exchange-based coverage, amount varies by income up to
400% of poverty
• Insurers cannot impose any coverage restrictions on pre-existing conditions
• Modified community rating: individual or family coverage; geography; 3:1 ratio for
age; 1.5 :1 for smoking
• Insurers must offer coverage to anyone wanting a policy and every policy has to be
• Limits out-of-pocket cost-sharing (tied to limits in HSAs, currently $5,950/$11,900
indexed to COLA)
• Insurance plans must include government-defined “essential benefits ” and coverage
• OPM must offer at least two multi-state plans in every state
• Employers can offer some employees free choice vouchers for health insurance in the
• Government board (IPAB) begins submitting proposals to cut Medicare
• Impose tax on nearly all private health insurance plans
• Medicare payment cuts for hospital-acquired infections begin (FY15)
• More Medicare cuts to home health begin
• States can form interstate insurance compacts if the coverage with HHS approval (2016)
• Physician pay-for-quality program begins for all physicians
• States may allow large employers and multi-employer health plans to purchase coverage in the Exchange.
• States may apply to the Secretary for a limited waiver from certain federal requirements
• Impose “Cadillac tax on “high cost” plans, 40% tax on the benefit value above a certain
threshold: ($10,200 individual coverage, $27,500 family or self-only union multi-
Update: Health Care Reform Expands IRS (Hat Tip: Shawn)
Timeline of the Higher Taxes and Medicare Cuts in the Dems’ Health Bill
SEA OF RED: CBO Report: Debt will rise to 90% of GDP
2,000 House staffers make $100,000+
CASTRO CHEERS OBAMACARE ‘MIRACLE’!
MORE AND MORE BONDS: Rates rise after weak auction
FLORIDA UNEMPLOYMENT HITS NEW RECORD: 12.2%
Personal Income Drops Across USA
Obama Orders Lenders to Cut Mortgage Payments for Jobless
Economy Grew at 5.6 Percent Pace in 4th Quarter
Social Security to See Payout Exceed Pay-In This Year (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Unions want Washington’s help with pension funds (Hat Tip: Brian B.) It’s coming…
Morning Bell: Dodd Bill Creates Permanent TARP and You Can Quote That
New Video: What Obamacare Means For Americans
The Use and Abuse of the Founders: The Individual Mandate is Still Unprecedented and Unconstitutional
Soros: Get ‘Unsound’ Fannie, Freddie Out of Lending
Social Security Will Begin Going Broke This Year, Congress Warned
Money Market Funds Poised to Quietly Hike Fees
Trichet: Greek Aid Plan May Never Be Used
Gingrich: GOP can strangle ‘Obamacare’ (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Reconciliation Bill Adds Even More Taxes (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
U.S. Is Riskier Than Euro Zone; So Says CDS Market.
Central Banks Stashing Away Gold at Brisk Pace.
How the Middle Class Slowly Evaporated Over the Past 40 Years
States Look Beyond Borders to Collect Taxes Owed
Stocks Give Up Steep Gains on Renewed Greece Woes
Bernanke: Record-Low Rates Needed to Aid Economy
Watchdog Blasts Obama Loan Relief Plan
I really need you to read this email. Please – it’s critically important!
We urgently need you to join us in Searchlight, NV tomorrow (Saturday) and this email explains exactly why.
Last night NBC Nightly News joined dozens of other national & international news outlets to report on the upcoming “Showdown in Searchlight.” The whole world is watching – and I’m not exaggerating at all.
This is by far the biggest event in the tea party movement since Congress rammed through government-run heath care this past weekend. And as a result, everyone is waiting to see if the tea party movement is reinvigorated or if we’ve resigned ourselves to defeat. Here is what NPR had to say:
“This weekend will be critical for the Tea Party and conservatives,” says David Yepsen of Southern Illinois University’s Paul Simon Public Policy Institute.
And here was NBC Nightly News sending a correspondent to report from the rally site – 2 days before the rally even takes place:
But it wasn’t just NBC and NPR. CNN-Headline News had this report:
Here is the report from USA Today.
Still don’t believe me that the whole world is watching?
Here’s a report from the Washington Times. Here’s the report from the Las Vegas Sun. And another report from the San Francisco Chronicle. And there’s a great report you must read from WorldNetDaily.
And there’s even more. Here’s the report from AOL News. And National Journal. I could go on and on… this is just the tip of the iceberg, but I hope by now you get the point.
We need you in Searchlight this Saturday (tomorrow). If you can get in your car and drive up, or hop on a plane, or take your motorhome or motorcycle, please please please join this historic effort.
Our team has worked so hard to make this event possible – backed by a coalition of dozens of national, state and local tea party and conservative organizations from ResistNet to AngerIsBrewing, our great friends at FreeRepublic and many more. We promise you it will be an incredible experience. It’s already being called potentially one of the largest such rallies in Nevada’s history. And it hasn’t even taken place yet.
Complete details on the “Showdown in Searchlight”:
By: Nancy Matthis at American Daughter
Remember when Obama said he wanted a “national security force?” Not the national guard, but a civilian one that has not sworn to uphold the Constitution? On July 2, 2008 in a speech in Colorado Springs, Barack Obama called for a police state.
Remember that first alarming glimpse of what that army might look like? Notice how much these “Hitler youth” type young men talk about health care!
Obama just got his private army…
…And no one seems to have noticed. It is buried in the Senate revisions to the health care bill.
Subtitle C–Increasing the Supply of the Health Care Workforce
Sec. 5201. Federally supported student loan funds.
Sec. 5202. Nursing student loan program.
Sec. 5203. Health care workforce loan repayment programs.
Sec. 5204. Public health workforce recruitment and retention programs.
Sec. 5205. Allied health workforce recruitment and retention programs.
Sec. 5206. Grants for State and local programs.
Sec. 5207. Funding for National Health Service Corps.
Sec. 5208. Nurse-managed health clinics.
Sec. 5209. Elimination of cap on commissioned corps.
Sec. 5210. Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps.
Subtitle D–Enhancing Health Care Workforce Education and Training
See the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, page 1312:
SEC. 5210. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.
Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows:
SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS.
(1) IN GENERAL.–here shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.
(2) REQUIREMENT.–All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act 2 of 1923, as amended.
(3) APPOINTMENT.–Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(4) ACTIVE DUTY.–Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.
(5) WARRANT OFFICERS.–Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service.
(b) ASSIMILATING RESERVE CORP OFFICERS INTO THE REGULAR CORPS.—Effective on the date of enactment of the Affordable Health Choices Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.
[Note here that those personally appointed by BO — without advice and consent of the Senate — automatically become a part of the Regular Corps. Ed.]
(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESERVE.–
(1) PURPOSE.–The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed service’s reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.
(2) USES.–The Ready Reserve Corps shall–
(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;
(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;
(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and
(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 399SS) to improve access to health services.
(d) FUNDING.—For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to the Office of the Surgeon General for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014. Funds appropriated under this subsection shall be used for recruitment and training of Commissioned Corps Officers.
How many of you, dear readers, were aware of the fact that the health care bill created another army?
Right Side News — Are you Ready?
God and Country USA — Obama’s army in the health care bill
RAND — A Stability Police Force for the United States: Justification and Options for Creating U.S. Capabilities
WND — Obamacare prescription: ‘Emergency health army’