Rationing Bono & Other Gaia-Saving Ideas
Survey: 60 Percent of Americans Oppose Raising Taxes on Nation’s Oil and Natural Gas Industry
Journalist Banned from Climate Change Conference
Remember My Discussion on Pensions? (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
WikiLeaks to Take on Private Sector?
Hedge Fund Predicts China Disaster
Irish Bailout Still Not a Done Deal
Don’t Look Now, But The US Dollar Is Tanking Hard Too (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Senate Backs Biggest Food-Safety Overhaul in 70 Years
BREAKING NEWS: ‘Food Safety Modernization Act’ Passes! (List of Traitors Included)
List of Traitors Who Voted To Give Dictatorial Control Of America’s Food Supply To George Soros & His Tentacles In The Federal Government
YEAs —73 (CALL THEM and POLITELY EXPRESS Your Feelings!)
NAYs —25 (THANK THEM!!)
Not Voting – 2
List of REPUBLICAN Traitors Who Voted To Give Control Of America’s Food Supply To George Soros
GROUPED BY HOME STATE
Alabama: Sessions (R-AL), Nay Shelby (R-AL), Nay
Alaska: Begich (D-AK), Yea Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Arizona: Kyl (R-AZ), Nay McCain (R-AZ), Nay
Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Yea Pryor (D-AR), Yea
California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Colorado: Bennet (D-CO), Yea Udall (D-CO), Yea
Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Delaware: Carper (D-DE), Yea Coons (D-DE), Yea
Florida: LeMieux (R-FL), Yea Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Georgia: Chambliss (R-GA), Nay Isakson (R-GA), Nay
Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Idaho: Crapo (R-ID), Nay Risch (R-ID), Nay
Illinois: Durbin (D-IL), Yea Kirk (R-IL), Yea
Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Yea Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Iowa: Grassley (R-IA), Yea Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Not Voting Roberts (R-KS), Nay
Kentucky: Bunning (R-KY), Nay McConnell (R-KY), Nay
Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Yea Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Maine: Collins (R-ME), Yea Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Maryland: Cardin (D-MD), Yea Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Massachusetts: Brown (R-MA), Yea Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Minnesota: Franken (D-MN), Yea Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Mississippi: Cochran (R-MS), Nay Wicker (R-MS), Nay
Missouri: Bond (R-MO), Not Voting McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Yea Tester (D-MT), Yea
Nebraska: Johanns (R-NE), Yea Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nevada: Ensign (R-NV), Nay Reid (D-NV), Yea
New Hampshire: Gregg (R-NH), Yea Shaheen (D-NH), Yea
New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea Udall (D-NM), Yea
New York: Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea
North Carolina: Burr (R-NC), Yea Hagan (D-NC), Yea
North Dakota: Conrad (D-ND), Yea Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Ohio: Brown (D-OH), Yea Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Oklahoma: Coburn (R-OK), Nay Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Oregon: Merkley (D-OR), Yea Wyden (D-OR), Yea
Pennsylvania: Casey (D-PA), Yea Specter (D-PA), Yea
Rhode Island: Reed (D-RI), Yea Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
South Carolina: DeMint (R-SC), Nay Graham (R-SC), Nay
South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Yea Thune (R-SD), Nay
Tennessee: Alexander (R-TN), Yea Corker (R-TN), Nay
Texas: Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
Utah: Bennett (R-UT), Nay Hatch (R-UT), Nay
Vermont: Leahy (D-VT), Yea Sanders (I-VT), Yea
Virginia: Warner (D-VA), Yea Webb (D-VA), Yea
Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Murray (D-WA), Yea
West Virginia: Manchin (D-WV), Yea Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Wyoming: Barrasso (R-WY), Nay Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Senate OKs sweeping food safety bill
Senate passes new food police bill: Roll call vote 73-25; Senator (Bennet?): “It’s all rigged”
Forged Comment Letters Sent to Regulators Writing Swaps Rules
Third Way’s McConaghy Says U.S. Has `Entitlement Crisis’
Democrats to Test Republicans’ Mettle on Tax-Cut Votes Starting This Week
Barclays Capital Said to Plan More Job Cuts by End of January
Stocks, Euro, Italy Bonds Drop on Contagion Concern; Gold Jumps
`Severe Oil Crunch’ Is Foreseen Within Five Years: Chart of the Day
Washington Set to Control Your Light Switch (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Obama Faces Union Backlash on Pay Freeze
Poll: Cut Gov’t Services to Balance Budget
OPINION: Dems Lay Tax Cut Trap for GOP
Uncle Sam’s Club — Make U.S. an Offer
EU Opens Antitrust Investigation Into Google
Next WIKILEAKS target: Major bank
Cantor: No time to increase taxes on anybody
Unemployment extension unlikely; jobless file for last checks
Tempers Flare As Benefits Near Expiration
Cancun ‘climate change’ summit: Scientists call for rationing in developed world
REPORT: Stimulus Exempted Big Polluters From Environmental Oversight
Web delivery firm says COMCAST charging unfair fees for data
More than 8 million drop out of credit card use
It’s Official – The FCC Will Vote to Take Over the Internet in December (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
The Only Way to Save the World: ‘Stop First World Economic Growth’
Senate Bill S510 Explained (sort of) (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Troy Bullock-TN says: November 30, 2010 S 510 fails on moral, social, economic, political, constitutional, and human survival grounds.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan.
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection. Instead, S 510 says:
COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS. Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.” Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, “entry of food into the US” covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and “entering into” it by virtue of being produced.
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds – How to criminalize them, for more details.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production – put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil-based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed — the Five Pillars of Food Safety — are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-6 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US.
S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act*, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money. “If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Chopra
Opposing view on food safety: Leverage the free market (Hat Tip: Michelle Malkin)
Lame Ducks and Locavores On Food Safety (Hat Tip: Michelle Malkin)
Obama To Announce Two Year Federal Employee Pay Freeze
Feds Slap New Jersey Governor With $271 Million Bill For Canceling Tunnel
Ireland, Please Do the World A Favor And Default
The Housing Problem In 3 Pictures
AG Eric Holder Admits There’s A Criminal Investigation Of Wall Street Happening Right Now
It’s Time You Got To Know The Debt Situation In Spain, Italy, Belgium, France, Portugal, And Austria
Here’s The Lawsuit Everyone Is Watching To See If Expert Networks Are Selling Insider Information
Don’t Believe The Fed, Inflation Is Theft From The Middle And Lower Classes
Ireland Threatened To Default, And Europe “Went Completely Mad”
These Are The 20 Banks Most Exposed To The European Sovereign Debt Crisis
Forget Ireland: All Of Europe Is An Economic House Of Horrors
Social Security from beyond the grave (Bankrupt or not, SS benefits still being paid to dead people) (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
QE2: It’s About Debt, Not The Economy (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
With Unemployment Benefits, It’s the Invisible That Truly Matters (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
EU: Contagion strikes Italy as Ireland bail-out fails to calm markets (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Cantor: Republicans will keep some provisions of healthcare law intact (Here we go!!) (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner) What is this? Traitor roundup day? From The Comedian:
Just more proof that we have, in fact, two parties:
The Government Party, and everyone else.
It’s starting to feel like the election was a fraud, no matter who won.
The Climate-Change Casualty List (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Pigford II Settlement Partially Funded by Cuts to Child Nutrition Programs (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Federal workers rage over President Obama’s two-year wage freeze
Tax Talks Set Stage for 2012 Race
Bond Sales Tumbling in Worst Month Since Lehman Aftermath: Credit Markets (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
David Rosenberg Presents A Dozen Economic Threats That Should Keep Bulls Up At Night
Did Angela Merkel Tell Bond Holders To Drop Dead In 2013 — Or Right Now?
What If The Only Way To Save Europe Is For Germany To Do A Full-On Merger With Spain?
El-Erian: Europe May Not Have Any Time Left
Don’t Let Obama Pay Plan Freeze Real Reform
The Futility of Tax Hikes in Pictures
The Cost of Rejecting an Earmark Ban
Cancun Climate Change Conference: Less Hype, Same Obstacles
US Senate Votes to Giving Sweeping Powers to FDA
Senate Rejects Earmark Ban… 8 Republicans Defect
The eight Republicans in opposition were:
Robert Bennett of Utah
Thad Cochran of Mississippi
Susan Collins of Maine
James Inhofe of Oklahoma
Richard Lugar of Indiana
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Richard Shelby of Alabama
George Voinovich of Ohio
Leftist Hero Assange to Leak Internal Bank Documents Next Year
Obama’s Proposed Energy Tax Changes Could Cost US Another 150,000 Jobs
DREAM Act nightmare: A massive open-borders entitlement program
Big Labor/Open Borders Lobby unveil six-figure DREAM Act propaganda campaign
Cancun Climate Summit Scientists Call for **Rationing in the Developed World (**Exceptions: Climate Change Summits & Al Gore)
20 Statistics That Prove That Global Wealth Is Being Funneled Into The Hands Of The Elite – Leaving Most Of The Rest Of The World Wretchedly Poor
Pork Survives: Senate Rejects Earmarks Ban
WikiLeaks’ Next Target: Wall Street
Rush: Obama’s Federal Pay Freeze is a Sham
New Dem. Whip Hoyer Says Pay Freeze Should Include Military
France seizes €36 billion of pension assets.
Hungary Follows Argentina in Pension-Fund Ultimatum, `Nightmare’ for Some
It’s Official: The Economy Is Set To Starve
Millions cashless in bank glitch.
Euro Debt Crisis Bankruptcy Bailout Queue, Protect Savings & Deposits From Banks Going Bankrupt!
The Fiscal Trap: Quantitative easing won’t solve our deeper problem.
Is the Feds POMO really intended to help insiders sell shares before collapse?