By: Trevor Loudon
I have two events planned so far in Colorado, with a third event to be confirmed.
Tom Tancredo presents Trevor Loudon
Time: March 16, 2012 from 5:30pm to 9pm
Location: VFW Post #4171
Street: 15625 W. 10th Ave
City/Town: Golden, CO
Website or Map: http://www.teapartybrewing.co…
Phone: call Marla: 303-523-7297 or Nancy: 303-919-4373
Trevor Loudon in Longmont
Join the Longmont 9.12 Tea Party and The Longmont Republican Women in welcoming Trevor Loudon to Colorado.
Wednesday March 21st, 2012 7 p.m.
The American Legion Hall
315 South Bowen just north of Ken Pratt, Longmont
(Extra parking across the street)
Meet and Greet – 6:30 p.m.
Lecture – 7:00 p.m.
Book signing – 8:30 p.m.
Pay at the door. Tickets are $10 if REGISTERED in advance or $15 at the door.
My first time in Colorado. What an amazing state!
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for the Watcher’s Council match up this week, carved eternally in the Akashic records of cyberspace.
Perception frequently comes from the end of the telescope you’re looking through, as with this week’s winner, The Mellow Jihadi for Me and a Pakistani Captain Chat, a sort of virtual conversation if you will. Here’s a slice:
Pakistan. Are they our friends? Do we have the same goals in mind? Can we partner together? Can we trust them? Are they doing enough to combat their jihadi issue? An interesting write-up in Marine Times touches these questions:
The wind was howling and the snow outside their bullet-pocked bunker lay knee-deep as the men of the 20th Lancer armored regiment bedded down for the night, nearly 8,000 feet up a mountain on one of the world’s most inhospitable borders.
They cheered themselves up by singing songs. Their commander gazed at photos of his 4-year-old daughter on his computer. But as the men chatted, it became clear that they were feeling a bit underappreciated.
Why did the West accuse Pakistan of not pulling its weight in the war on terror, they asked. Hadn’t large numbers of their comrades died at the hands of Islamist militants? Why else were they in this hellish place if not to keep them at bay?
“They say we aren’t doing enough,” said their commander, Capt. Imran Tanvir. “What more can we do?”
Well Capt. Tanvir, let’s chat about Abbottabad, Osama bin Laden’s little summertime retreat. How unlikely is it that no one was aware of Osama in a town that is home to a major military academy, Pakistan’s Westpoint:
In our non-Council category, the winner was Victor Davis Hanson’s We Give Up submitted by The Watcher. It’s a sobering look at our efforts to use various strategies to deal with the Muslims world and how they’ve failed. A worthy read.
Here are this week’s full results. New Zeal was unable to vote this week, but was not affected by the 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – The Mellow Jihadi – Me and a Pakistani Captain Chat
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – The American Spring Bears Poisonous Fruit
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – The Breitbarters launch their first barrage in their war against the American Leftist media
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Glittering Eye – Okay, You’ve Caught It. Now What Do You Do With It?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Independent Sentinel – Anti-First Amendment Liberals-Hanoi Jane, Steinem & Morgan-Want the FCC to Shut Down Rush’s Radio Station
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – Bloody Revolution Pt. 2
- Fifth place with 1 vote – Joshuapundit – More ‘Diplomacy ‘ With Iran As Obama And The EU Team Up To Fend Off An Israeli Strike
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Maradona as a champion of Palestinian Cause
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Gay Patriot – How about a TV series treating Christians* with dignity?
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor – Loving Sluts, Hating Liars
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Enough Of Stupid Comments About “The Establishment” Trying To “Anoint” A Candidate
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – Thursday: First I Spoke With Senator Rand Paul – Then I Crashed George Allen’s Birthday Party
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Victor Davis Hanson – We Give Up submitted by The Watcher
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Information Dissemination – Pirates vs. Congress: How Pirates Are a Better Bargain submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Castra Praetoria – Debunking lies about the military submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Mark Steyn – The Fluke Charade: A Middle-Age Child’s Nutty Demand submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Sarah Palin – Let’s Talk About The Real Issues, Mr. President submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Life In Israel – A personal message from the Iron Dome Soldiers submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Institute for The Study Of War – Syria’s Armed Opposition submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The First Street Journal – The Excuses of The Losers submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – NewsBusters – So Much for Church-State Separation: White House Organizing ‘Prayer Vigils’ for Obama-Care, Says NYT submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – 6079 Smith, W – The Hero And The Fluke submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Just One Minute – Reaching Critical Mass submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – CNS News – NAACP Asking U.N. Human Rights Council to Condemn American Voter ID Laws submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Stonegate Institute – Infiltrating Pakistan’s ISI submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Conservative Commune – The 21st Century Energy Crisis submitted by Gay Patriot
“With the exception only of the period of the gold standard, practically all governments of history have used their exclusive power to issue money to defraud and plunder the people.” – Friedrich A. Hayek, 1974 Nobel Prize Winner in Economics