Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Clint Eastwood. Who proved once again that a man, even a president, has got to know his limitations. And of course, to Professor Bill over at Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion for a brilliant idea.
This week, Right Truth, TinaTrent.com, Ask Marion, Boker Tov, Boulder and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some absolutely excellent pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category.
Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Israel: Time’s Up
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Wisdom from the Libertarian Party
- The Political Commentator – Do bankers and class warfare in the U.S. = immigrants and racism in Greece?
- Simply Jews – Eastwooding Clint? You are just making his day.
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – 4 Steps To Autocrazy
- Joshuapundit – The Dilemma Of Jewish Democrats And This Year’s Anti-Israel Party Platform
- The Razor – What If They Gave a War and Nobody Came? The Republicans Faux War on Women
- The Right Planet – Plutocracy of the Damned (Part 1)
- Bookworm Room – The New York Times presents a fantasy history aimed at destroying Mitt Romney
- Rhymes With Right – A Different Sort Of Acceptance Speech From A Different Sort Of Candidate
- VA Right! – Liberal Women are Weak and Dependent – Strong Women tend to be Conservative
- Gay Patriot – When fact-checking Republicans, legacy media aren’t checking the facts per se, but what they appear to suggest
- The Glittering Eye – Illinois’s Political Dysfunction
- The Independent Sentinel – You Are Better Off Than You Were Four Years Ago If You Were Living in Greece
- The Mellow Jihadi – Pakistani Christian Girl Gets a Reprieve?
- Right Truth – National Empty Chair Day, Part 2
- TinaTrent.Com – What The Heck Does Democracy Look Like, Again?
- Ask Marion – Mitt – A Big Hearted Caring and Decent Guy… Who Can Fix the Economy
- Boker Tov, Boulder – Obama Losing Support Among Women Voters
- The Pirate’s Cove – Things To Watch At DNC Tonight
- Mark Steyn – The Paramilitarized Bureaucracies submitted by The Noisy Room
- The First Street Journal – Mitt Romney Tells The Truth submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- World Net Daily – Does Obama Really Hate America? submitted by The Political Commentator
- Israellycool – What The Devil Is Going On In Egypt? submitted by Simply Jews
- The Compass – Nuclear Deterrence Has Worked submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Daniel Pipes – Romney vs. Obama vis-à-vis Israel submitted by Joshuapundit
- New Geography – The Unseen Class War That Could Decide The Presidential Election submitted by The Razor
- National Review Online – 689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama submitted by The Right Planet
- Victor Davis Hanson – The Terrifying New Normal submitted by Bookworm Room
- Newsbusters – Chris Matthews Claims to Live in ‘Black Majority’ DC, Resides in Md. Village Less Than 1% Black submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Yid With Lid – Democrats Strip Pro-Israel Language From Platform submitted by VA Right!
- The Corner/David Gelernter – Richard Milhous Obama submitted by Gay Patriot
- World’s Only Rational Man – “Yes, you can have a fabulous career in… Professional Fact-Checking!” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michelle Malkin – The tall tales Michelle Obama will bolster tonight submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Perfectly timed: Nickelodeon tweets response on Jason Biggs as DNC kicks off submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Doug Ross – The mask slips at the DNC: government is all that matters submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – Egypt Kicks Sand In Obama’s Face submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!