Hat Tip: BB
By: Nelson Abdullah
Conscience of a Conservative
When George Orwell penned the Animal Farm in 1945, the mighty Communist empire of the Soviet Union, which had been an ally of the Democratic administration during WWII, was expanding its global reach to become a threat to world peace. Orwell’s Animal Farm became an allegory of what life under Communism would be like. The humans who had run the once peaceful farm could easily have been Republicans who were quickly replaced with an overnight revolution organized by a gang of pigs. The pigs, with all their cunning intelligence, had used the rest of the animals to help overthrow the humans in their quest for power. Then suddenly things changed. One morning a new sign appeared, boldly painted on the side of the barn: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” Now the allegory comes to fruition. The labor unions who had mobilized their captive membership to help a communist-mentored Democrat named Barack Hussein Obama win an election and take over a peaceful, once-Christian country, have been demoted from the elite privileged class. They have been told they are no longer equal to the other animals on the farm.
Administration rejects labor’s request for ObamaCare subsidies
By Kevin Bogardus and Justin Sink – 09/13/13 06:54 PM ET
The Obama administration on Friday denied a request from labor unions to have their healthcare plans receive tax subsidies under ObamaCare.
A White House official said the Treasury Department has determined that the healthcare plans used by many union members — known as multi-employer or Taft-Hartley plans — cannot be made eligible for subsidies that are intended to help uninsured people afford coverage.
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/322251-administration-tells-unions-they-cant-have-obamacare-subsidies#ixzz2esiKHkBr
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
Woe be the plight of the common working class unions. They had faithfully followed their Marxist leaders and supported the Democratic Party with mindless obedience. They had poured into the townhall meetings that had been organized to discuss and debate the threat of Socialized Medicine that had been written behind closed doors and disrupted them. They had marched in parades along side the politicians they helped get elected and had surely hoped that when those politicians had begun to hand out subsidies to other groups to pay for the costs of ObamaCare they would get their share. When the politicians announced they would subsidize themselves and their staff the unions were encouraged. So they asked their Democratic Party leaders to do the same for them.
Too bad that they had never read the book or they would have learned their fate beforehand. They had been used and now they were being discarded. Washington, D.C. had become the real Animal Farm.
My name is Nelson Abdullah and I am Oldironsides.
Minor postscript: Sometimes when animals are used to illustrate an allegory it creates a bit of confusion when the parable is injected into the real world. Case in point, the Pigs. Within the current communist oriented Democratic Party gang ruling our country their is also a decidedly influential group representing the pro-Islamic terrorist group The Muslim Brotherhood. It was reported yesterday that a few years ago when the FBI was tracking the movements of a high-ranking Muslim terrorist named Anwar al-Awlaki they followed him to the front door of The Pentagon where he had been invited to attend a meeting and luncheon with officials from the Defense Dept. Now Muslims, we are told, have a fanatical repulsion to all things related to pigs but at this luncheon the invitation, a copy of which had been obtained by FOX News, stated, ham and bacon were being served:
Fox News was the first news organization to report that the cleric was invited to, and attended, a luncheon at the Defense Department five months after the 9/11 attacks. More than 70 people were copied on the invitation, including the Department’s senior lawyers from the Office of General Counsel.
The invitation, obtained by Fox through the Freedom of Information Act, showed the proposed menu at an executive dining room included smoked ham and bacon sandwiches.
So what do we gather from all of this? A devout Muslim attending a luncheon that served ham and bacon? Muslims also hate Jews as much as they hate pigs but Hillary Clinton’s special assistant, Huma Abedin, another devout Muslim who coincidentally has connections to The Muslim Brotherhood is married to a Jew named Anthony Weiner, a perverted Democratic politician. Most definitely, “some are more equal than others”.
By: Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
Cross-Posted at Gateway Pundit
While the faux political theater of America striking a deal with Russia to handle Syria’s chemical weapons stockpiles and supposedly have them destroyed by 2014, plays for the masses, Russia schedules another fabulous confab with their BFF’s Iran on nukes:
“Russia could possibly take new steps in solving the Iranian nuclear dossier,” Rowhani said. “The Russian initiative in relation to the Syrian chemical weapons and the steps taken by the Syrian officials provide this hope that a new war can be averted in the region.”
“Russia looks at Iran like a good neighbor,” Putin was quoted as saying. “I am very happy meeting the new Iranian president and personally congratulate him for his [recent presidential] victory. … We are aware of the opinions on the world’s stage in relation with Iran’s nuclear program; however, we have to also consider that Iran is our neighbor, a good neighbor.”
There were conflicting reports last week that Russia might increase its arms sales to Iran should Syria be attacked, including the delivery of its sophisticated surface-to-air missile system, the S300.
The Russian newspaper Kommersant had reported that Putin had decided to deliver five battalions of the S300s should Iran withdraw its claim of $4 billion in damages due to a breach of an original contract by Russia signed in 2007 worth $800 million.
So while Russia plays global peacekeeper, they are in fact arming the new axis (Russia, Iran, China) to the teeth and preparing for global conflict — on land, sea and in space. Emasculating the US (thanks to spineless leadership), Russia, Iran and their proxies now are threatening to target Saudi ports if we attack Syria, thus cutting our economic jugular.
Putin is definitely leading right now and doing what I have suggested all along: garnering energy resources and geography throughout the Middle East, strengthening their military and discrediting the West. It’s foreplay for war as Putin rocks the nuclear cradle.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
There is no traitor like him whose domestic treason plants the poniard within the breast which trusted to his truth. – Lord Byron
The first method for determining the intelligence of a ruler is to is to look at the men he has around him – Niccolo Machiavelli
This week’s winner by a nose, Joshuapundit’s President Obama Sends Support Message To Radical Muslim Brotherhood Front Group, is a report on a very interesting official White House video message sent by our president to an even more interesting organization, whose history I detail. I also ask a question I have heard no mainstream journalist ask, but which I think America deserves an answer to… because it seems to shed light on much of President Obama’s foreign and domestic policy.
No slice this week, since it’s short and sweet… go to the link, watch the message, read what I have to say and draw your own conclusions.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Professor Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit fame, writing in USA Today with Obama is a Laughing Stock, submitted by Joshuapundit. It’s about Syria and a masterful beat down of the president’s dangerously farcical performance. Do read it.
For those of our readers whom observe Yom Kippor, G’mar Hativa Tovah.
Okay, here are this week’s full results. Only VA Right! was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – President Obama Sends Support Message To Radical Muslim Brotherhood Front Group
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – The Rush to War — Examining the Evidence
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Simply Jews – Alireza Forghani: Obama’s daughter will be kidnapped and raped if America attacks Syria
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Obama’s escalation of ‘tail wagging the dog’ scandal smokescreens!
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Pacific Carrier Race
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Nice Deb – Obama’s Smoking Gun Proof That Assad Was Behind Chemical Weapons Attack Was Doctored?
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – The Noisy Room – Never Let A War Go To Waste…
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room – How public schools’ war on boys has led to an increase in gun crimes
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Is It To Be Isolationists vs. Militarists?
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor – Stupid Things
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Interesting Legal News — Convicted Bomber, Drug Smuggler And Perjurer Sues Bloggers
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Liberty’s Spirit – Liberty’s Spirit: Protesting Minimum Wage-The Beginning of Class Warfare
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Glenn Reynolds – Obama is a Laughing Stock submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Conrad Black/New York Sun – Collapse of American Influence Recalls Disintegration of Soviet Union, Fall of France submitted by The Right Planet
- Third place with 1 2/3 vote Richard Fernandez/ PJ Media – Being Your Own Man submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Pete Wehner/Commentary – In Stockholm, Obama Loses Touch with Reality submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Barry Rubin – Obama’s Seven New Pillars of Middle East Wisdom (Part Two) submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1 vote – PJ LifeStyle – Rise of the Thought Police: Bullying Your Children Into Forsaking Their Values submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ann Barnhardt – On Poland and Detroit. Not For the Faint of Heart submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bret Stephens/WSJ – The Bed Barack and Kerry Made submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Daniel W. Drezner/Foreign Policy – Why the U.S. should treat the proposed Syria deal as a gift from the gods submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Ethics Alarm – Ethics Quiz: Playing Follow The Leader submitted by The Political Commentator
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – War On The Rocks – The Limits Of Security Cooperation submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Chateau Heartiste – The Nuts and Bolts of Cathedral Indoctrination submitted by The Razor
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in… don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!