The list was obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request made by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. The list shows 20 new applicants, mostly law enforcement and universities but also the first tribal entity, EFF noted.
Here are few of the new authorization applicants EFF called out:
- The State Department
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Barona Band of Mission Indians Risk Management Office (near San Diego, California)
- Canyon County Sheriff’s Office (Idaho)
- Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office (Northwest Oregon)
- Grand Forks Sheriff’s Department (North Dakota)
- King County Sheriff’s Office (covering Seattle, Washington)
- Medina County Sheriff’s Office (Ohio)
- Ohio Department of Transportation (Ohio)
- Sinclair Community College (Ohio)
- Lorain County Community College (Ohio)
Support American Values...
Please help keep NoisyRoom on the web by donating today.