By: Trevor Loudon
Did you know that Congressman Bennie Thompson, of Mississippi’s 2nd District, is at least a communist sympathizer?
- In November 1979, Marxists from the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee initiated a Democratic Agenda Conference, in Washington, D.C. The conference focused on “corporate power” as the key barrier to “economic and political democracy,” concepts many Democratic Agenda participants defined as “socialism.” Bennie Thompson of the Mississippi Association of Black Mayors joined a panel entitled: “Relating Local Issues to the Democratic Party.”
- In July 1996, Democratic Socialists of America (formerly Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee) endorsed Bennie Thompson, Mississippi 2, in that year’s Congressional elections.
- In 1982, Bennie Thompson served on the National Coordinating Committee of a Communist Party USA front, the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, which was led by leading Party members Angela Davis and Charlene Mitchell.
- In February 2000, Marsha McCraven from the office of Congressman Bennie Thompson, spent five days in Havana, Cuba, for the purpose of “information gathering.” The trip cost $1,778.47 and was paid for by the leftist Christopher Reynolds Foundation.
- The invitation for U.S. students to earn a free medical education in Cuba dates to June 2000, when a group from the Congressional Black Caucus visited Cuban President Fidel Castro. It was presided over by the then Caucus President James Clyburn and included Bennie Thompson from Mississippi and Gregory Meeks from New York. Rep. Thompson described to Castro huge areas in his district where there were no doctors and Castro responded with an offer of full scholarships for U.S. citizens to study at medical school in Havana. Castro opened the doors of the program to 500 U.S. students who began enrolling two years later. Most of the kids are radicals. Some are the children of Communist Party members.
- In May 2005, Congressman Bennie G. Thompson and two of his staff members, spent four days in Havana, Cuba, for the purpose of “Cuba business, fact finding.” The trip cost $1,298.26 and was paid for by the Christopher Reynolds Foundation.
- In mid-May 2013, Rep. Bennie Thompson endorsed Jackson Mississippi mayoral candidate Chokwe Lumumba, a long time Marxist and Black Nationalist, who wants to turn six Southern states into the socialist Republic of New Afrika. One of Thompson’s staff also joined Lumumba’s Transition Team.
To learn more about Bennie Thompson and 64 other communist and socialist affiliated Representatives and Senators, read Trevor Loudon’s new book “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress.”
“The Enemies Within” will be officially released August 20, 2013, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
However, if you are a U.S. resident, you can receive one of the very first copies hot off the press by pre-ordering through the button below.
“Trevor Loudon does the job that few in the media ever attempt” – Glenn Beck