By: Ashraf Ramelah | Voice of the Copts
For the first time since your installation as president, Copts in the United States protested the persecution of Copts in Egypt. The protest in Washington, DC on August 2 against your regime was symbolic; no one really expects a response from the Obama administration. If the past is an indication, the American president is deaf to the cries of suffering Christians.
After Egypt’s 2013 mass uprising where more than 30 million men and women fighting for freedom stood up against the fascist regime of the Muslim Brotherhood and Mohammad Morsi, you appeared as a “savior” — promising democracy, freedom of religion and law and order.
Egyptians trusted you and your words, not the least so, because of the military uniform you were wearing. In spite of Egypt’s adverse experience with past military rulers, you were seen as a hope not only for Copts but for a new Egypt!
Now, after two years in office, the actions of your government are the same as past regimes; we see rampant attacks on Copts, journalists silenced, “aurora” police visits for speaking out, increased poverty, and the Al-Noor Salafi religious political party intact (operating illegally) influencing policy. Your government abhors law and order; citizens cry out for justice. You have not taken any action to clean either the corrupted courts or the schools.
The homeless victims speaking to you from the video linked here never received a response from authorities, “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4joe-SQdyE”, and going to the gates of your palace seeking justice has brought them no satisfaction. Promises made to them by your office have not been fulfilled, and this Christian family continues to live in fear. Jihadists firebombed their home and 25 family members were displaced, forced to find shelter in a barn stall. They escaped without belongings or food.
One year ago you stood inside Al Azhar Institute facing its leaders; with courage you asked for a renewal of Islamic discourse. However, we only see evidence of the opposite as scholars are arrested for adhering to the precepts of your lofty speech. In fact, we see change for the worse.
What follows is a list of violent crimes against Coptic Christians – a few chosen from a much longer list of occurrences – which were reported for last month alone in just three regions. Print media, blogs, word-of-mouth and YouTube videos are their sources which also blame mosque-instigated hate circulating throughout the country.
– July 17, 2016: Islamic attack against two Coptic priests in Al Minya County resulted in the murder of a priest’s brother and serious injury to three others.
– July 14, 2016: A gang of three hundred men attacked Copts’ homes in the town of Abu Yacub (Al Minya) due to false rumors of converting home to a church resulting in the destruction of five houses leaving five families homeless.
– July 11, 2016: Egyptian police arbitrarily closed down the building of the “Andalus Center for Religious Tolerance” alleged to have published false information concerning discrimination against Copts in Egypt.
– July 9, 2016: A man stabbed two Coptic women leaving a church in Zakazeek while shouting Allahu Akber.
– July 7, 2016: A Kindergarten building in Samalut was set on fire due to false rumors that Copts are planning to convert it into a church.
– July 5, 2016: The murder of a nun and injury of two others when open gunfire targeted their car in Cairo.
– July 4, 2016: Coptic pharmacist in Tanta murdered by throat slitting.
– July 2, 2016: A 15 year old daughter of a Coptic priest in Suhag was assaulted by a knife attacker who was scared off by witnesses.
– July 2, 2016: A 16 year old girl was kidnapped by Muslim men (incident reported to local police 2553/2016)
There remains a sense now that you are not in control of the country, and many are disillusioned enough to believe you never were. Whichever is true, the same dismal conditions remain for the country. Service to the deep state due to your ineptitude or worse yet, your intentions, denounces the people’s call to freedom on which you rose to power.
If you can’t fulfil your promises to the people please step down.
Dr. Ashraf Ramelah
Founder and President
Voice of the Copts
For Immediate Release: Deltona, FL
Contact: Lloyd Marcus 407-923-1878
Email: [email protected]
In light of the epidemic of assassinations of police, Lloyd Marcus is producing a Blue Lives Matter Celebration: Honoring America’s Police – Our Brave Men and Women in Blue.
It will be a fun, upbeat and inspiring family event. Marcus has invited national celebrity speakers and entertainers.
Blue Lives Matter Celebration
Date: Saturday, September 10th.
Time: 11am -2pm
Place: Ocean Convention Center, Daytona Beach, FL
Marcus is internationally known as “The Unhyphenated American” and singer/songwriter of the “American Tea Party Anthem”.
“Candidly, when I decided to produce a Blue Lives Matter Celebration event, I was angry. I was angry over the evil bogus narrative promoted by the Left that has caused assassinations of police across America. Do not get me wrong. I am not apologizing for my anger. Decent people should get angry when evil prospers. It is called a righteous anger. Jesus got angry at the money-changers who disrespected the temple.
However, the further I got into planning the celebration, I began to feel that the event should be a love letter to America’s cops. I realize that sounds a bit corny and touchy-feely. And yet, that is the tone that I believe the rally should embrace. My Blue Lives Matter Celebration will be a fun, uplifting and inspiring event for the entire family.
God willing, I pray that the event will bless and encourage police who lay it all on the line for us every day. I also pray that this event inspires the public to support and appreciate our brave men and women in blue.”
Confirmed guests thus far include:
- Invocation by Rev. Jean Claude Morin/ Volusia International Bible Fellowship.
- Radio talk show host Andrea Shea King will present a beautiful tribute to recently assassinated officers.
- Former NY cop and author, Joe Sanchez will speak at the rally. The New York Daily News named Joe “Super Cop” and the “Arrest Machine”.
- Mychal Massie, Chairman and founder of The Racial Policy Center will speak at the rally.
- Famous Alfonzo Rachel can not attend live, but is sending his message on video.
- Tea Party Express has signed on to help.
- Famed Political Commentator Wild Bill For America will speak.
Admission is free. However, Marcus asks the public to please contribute to cover the cost of the celebration event. http://bit.ly/29MSqHg
The Ocean Center costs $2000. The production company costs $6000. There are additional expenses such as transportation from the airport and food for the hospitality suite to feed the crew, performers and speakers. http://bit.ly/29MSqHg
Marcus says evil prospers when good men do nothing. He would really appreciate the public making contributions at the Blue Lives Matter Celebration crowd funding website. http://bit.ly/29MSqHg
Contributions can be made via a check payable to:
Deltona, FL 32728