Hat Tip: Jean Stoner
I read the Family Security Matters article last week by Chet Nagle. Well worth reading… Below is a link to the article and a video that is a must-see. Do the math – it is only a matter of time.
From: Nancy Jacques
Notice Progressives have to pay people to Stand Up; since when do nonprofits reap special tax reductions when they’re all about Political Activism?
Immediate Availability for Political Work – Start Now! (Honolulu)
Date: 2010-04-14, 11:06AM HST
Reply to: job[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Democratic Committee is looking to pay people to walk neighborhoods educating voters about the upcoming special election. Duties will include going door to door in neighborhoods, talking to specific voters, educating them about the procedures for mail-in balloting, and persuading them to vote in the special election. Shifts will be in the afternoon from 3 – 8pm M-F, and all day Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 6pm, running through May 22nd. Reliable transportation is a requirement. Pay is $12/hour. To apply or get more information, email [email protected] with a phone number.
Compensation: $12 per hour
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
This is at a non-profit organization.
Summer Jobs! Stand Up Against Right Wing Extremism! (Chicago)
Date: 2010-04-13, 11:10AM CDT
Reply to: see below
The progressive movement has gained extraordinary momentum over the last two years. We have begun to overturn the destructive polices of the Bush era, taken major steps towards building a green economy, and just recently passed a historic health care reform package.
However, far right extremists like Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck continue to use fear tactics to derail progress. At such a critical time we cannot let them and other right wing zealots overturn the progress that has been made or block the progress that is left to come.
This summer, we are taking to the streets and going door-to-door in 18 cities across the country to activate our communities and take this country back, one person at a time.
If you are looking for a job this summer that is going make a huge impact at this critical moment in our country’s history, tackling issues like protecting human rights, fighting to protect our civil rights and liberties, ending global poverty, and working toward a better America, then call us NOW!
To apply, call Caleb at 877-355-4562 or visit our website http://grassrootscampaigns.com/summerjobs.php
Don’t let Sarah Palin win. Apply today.
Grassroots Campaigns is currently interviewing candidates nationwide for Canvass Director and Assistant Director positions. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or visit our website www.grassrootscampaigns.com and you can apply online.
Positions available in Washington, D.C., New York, NY, Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Indianapolis, IN, St. Louis, MO, Denver, CO, Austin, TX Seattle, WA, Portland, OR and Sacramento, San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Los Angeles, Pasadena and San Diego, CA.
Grassroots Campaigns past and current clients include: Amnesty International, the American Civil Liberties Union, the League of Conservation Voters, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Equality California, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the Democratic National Committee, MoveOn.org Political Action, RePower America, Working America, Common Cause, and the Center for American Progress.
This is at a non-profit organization.
Run a Grassroots Progressive Campaign Office in Sacramento (Sacramento)
Date: 2010-04-13, 9:22AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
We’re running grassroots campaigns for the country’s leading environment, public interest and human rights groups to put the brakes on global warming, ensure affordable, dependable health care for all Americans, and end discrimination.
Are you ready to join us?
The Fund for the Public Interest is currently hiring Citizen Outreach Directors and Assistant Directors to run grassroots canvass offices in Sacramento around the country.
Apply online at: http://www.fundforthepublicinterest.org/jobs/leadership/application2
The Fund has been running and winning grassroots campaigns for more than 25 years. We’ve signed up 400,000 members for Environment America and U.S. PIRG. We’ve raised tens of millions of dollars for the Sierra Club. We’ve expanded the Human Rights Campaign’s grassroots base into places like Texas, Ohio and Georgia. And that’s just the start of it.
As a Citizen Outreach Director or Assistant Director, you’ll recruit, train and lead a staff of 10-40 canvassers to go out into communities on critical campaigns, raise money, mobilize support and build membership for some of the nation’s top progressive organizations. You’ll manage your staff, plan your campaign work, handle the administrative details, and learn and do everything it takes to run a successful grassroots campaign office.
College graduates earn $1275 biweekly in their first year on staff. In addition, full-time staff can opt into health care insurance plan, receive paid holidays and are eligible for paid sick days. Staff is also eligible to join our 401(k) program in their second year. Training includes both classroom study with hands-on field work.
Hiring preference is given to candidates who are willing to relocate to any of our locations.
Apply online at: http://www.fundforthepublicinterest.org/jobs/leadership/application2 or e-mail a cover letter and résumé to [email protected]. We’ll carefully consider your application, and if we think you’re a good fit we’ll get in touch.
The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
This is a Work for Progress recruitment campaign conducted on behalf of the Fund for the Public Interest.
Compensation: $1,275 bi-monthly
This is at a non-profit organization.
Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques / Jean Stoner / Brian B.
The object of the game is to destroy American capitalism by having the government take over everything!
Want to play? No??? Too bad, you’re already playing… and just don’t know it.
And by the way… You’re not winning!!!! But Obama is – take a look at goals for Communism in the US. We have posted these on our site before, but well worth the read. We are there folks:
45 Communist Goals (are there any that haven’t been achieved?)
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals :
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Hat Tip: Brian B. / Jean Stoner
examiner.com – Climate alarmists capitalize on volcano eruption
Business Insider – Wake Up People: This Volcano Is About More Than Flights, It’s About Agriculture, Energy, And Politics (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Bloomberg – Carbon Capitalists Warming to Climate Market Using Derivatives (Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques)
Larry Shook – American Serbia
BNET – Chip Implanter PositiveID Aims to Clean Up a PR Mess — One of Its Own Making (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Doctor Zero – The New Currency Is Obedience (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Logistics Monster – Be Careful What You Wish For Obama! (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
CNET News – DOJ abandons warrantless attempt to read Yahoo e-mail (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
Riehl World View – Update: Fox And The Cincy Tea Party (Hat Tip: Jean Stoner)
The Washington Examiner – Tea parties fight Obama’s culture of dependence (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
NRO – America’s Constitutionalist Revolt (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
The New York Times – Gates Says U.S. Lacks a Policy to Thwart Iran (Hat Tip: Brian B.)
Hat Tip: Brian B.
We are just 8 days away from the launch of our campaign supporting constitutionalist conservative, Sharron Angle, in her campaign to Defeat Harry Reid.
To understand why this race is so important to us at the Tea Party Express, consider this: Conservative Republican Sharron Angle faces one Republican challenger who gave money to Barack Obama, and another who gave money to Harry Reid.
We’re going to celebrate Sharron Angle’s principled conservative record, and her fight for the conservative values we share. But we need your help to secure victory!
We are in the middle of a $100,000 fundrasing campaign to begin our TV and radio ad campaign in support of Angle’s candidacy. And we only have 8 days left to reach this goal.
This election is vitally important. We must Defeat Harry Reid, and we must do it with a principled conservative like Sharron Angle. Please contribute online – HERE.
You can contribute as little as $5 up to the maximum allowed $5,000 contribution. Contribute whatever you can afford. We’re looking to kickstart this effort with 500 people contributing $100 or more. To contribute – JUST CLICK HERE.
Or mail in a contribution payable to “Tea Party Express” to our headquarters:
Tea Party Express
ATTN: Sharron Angle for Senate
770 L Street #1020
Sacramento, CA 95814
Hat Tip: Brian B.
We are coming…
Hat Tip: Brian B.