Hat Tip: Kim Priestap
By: Jeffrey Klein, Political Buzz Examiner
The entire Obama Administration is beginning to remind me of “The Borg,” which are the race of half man-half machine creatures, who were first introduced as the co-stars in the 1996 Star Trek Generations motion picture titled “First Contact.”
The “members” of The Borg do not have a conscious, individual identity or soul, and operate as a “collective,” which, much like the human nervous system, they telepathically communicate amongst each other, while all of their “thoughts” are simultaneously received by their charming, soft-spoken [female] leader.
The leader would constantly synthesize all of these events against the overall strategic and tactical plans, and give “marching orders” to a single member, or a local group of members, to take whatever offensive or defensive actions, necessary to achieve their objective—the “assimilation” of the target society into The Borg.
Today, Patrick J. Cunningham, chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona, refused to testify before Congress regarding the lethally failed and now scandalous ATF gun-walking operation, know as “Fast and Furious,” according to William LaJeunesse’s FOXNews article.
This deeply flawed gambit provided over 2,000 military caliber assault weapons to flow from legal gun shops in Arizona, directly into the hands of the Sinaloa drug cartel in Mexico, via known “straw purchasers.” These weapons were found to be involved in the murders of two U.S. government agents, beginning with Border Patrol Officer Brian Terry, in December 2010.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, which is investigating this matter, issued a subpoena for Cunningham to appear and testify before the committee–after he failed to appear voluntarily as was previously agreed.
Late yesterday, Rep. Issa received a letter from Cunningham’s attorney, Tobin Romero, Esq., who is a specialist in white collar crime with the Washington, D.C. law firm of Williams and Connolly, which read, in part … “To avoid needless preparation by the Committee and its staff for a deposition next week, I am writing to advise you that my client is going to assert his [Fifth Amendment] constitutional privilege not to be compelled to be a witness against himself.”
Department of Justice officials have reported to the Committee that my client relayed inaccurate information to the [U.S. Justice] Department, upon which it relied, in preparing its initial response to Congress. If, as you claim, Department officials have blamed my client, they have blamed him unfairly.”
Attorney Romero’s defensive tactic is identical to that used to avoid testifying before this same committee last October, by the CEO Brian Harrison and CFO William Stover, the senior executives of the now bankrupt Solyndra Solar company, which filed for bankruptcy less than two years after having been approved for and receiving $535 million from a U.S. Department of Energy renewable energy loan program.
Interestingly, the Solyndra Solar loan was declined by the Bush Administration Energy Department in late 2008, just before leaving office–and re-opened by the Obama Administration Energy Department shortly after arriving in office.
Washington, D.C. under the Obama Administration, is looking more like Chicago under the “Al Capone Administration” of the 1920’s and 30’s, where the lawlessness, corruption and self-dealing is so prevalent, its’ telltales begin to leak from every crack and crevice.
It seems that once “Hope and Change” fail–all that remains is shear “Audacity.”
Copyright (c) 2012 by Jeffrey Klein
Hat Tip: Nancy Jacques
Don’t like Romney – a Progressive – check… Can’t stand Gingrich – a Progressive – check… Won’t vote for Paul because of foreign policy and who he has surrounded himself with – check… Rick Santorum, please for the sake of America, please, please win. He’s the only real conservative left to choose from. I will vote for whoever runs against Obama – he is a Marxist. But I am tired of choosing between one Progressive or another. This is the best we can do? Really??
Hat Tip: BB
By: Marla Gillaspie
Interview by VDARE.com
By Washington Watcher
on January 14, 2012 at 11:33pm
I recently completed an exclusive video interview with former Congressman Tom Tancredo, whose heroic 2008 presidential race, and even more heroic Colorado gubernatorial race in 2010, were key steps in the long campaign for patriotic immigration reform. We post them here on our new VDAREVideo channel.
In Part I, Tancredo discusses Ron Paul, of whose Liberty Caucus he was a member. In Part II, Paul discusses Mitt Romney. In Part III, Tancredo reflects on the failure of the 2012 presidential contenders to raise the immigration issue and the Republican National Committee‘s nefarious role. In Part IV, Tancredo talks about his decision not to enter the 2012 presidential race and political future—which may include another run for governmor of Colorado in 2014.
Congressman Tom Tancredo on Ron Paul, Immigration and Islam
Congressman Tom Tancredo on Mitt Romney
Congressman Tom Tancredo on Presidential Candidates and Immigration
Congressman Tom Tancredo on Not Running in 2012 and Plans for 2014
Congressman Tom Tancredo and thoughts of the 112th Congress
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
The election approacheth and as expected the usual suspects are already touting the wondrous accomplishments of Our Dear Leader.
This week’s winner, Sard at The Right Planet’s The Talking Points Meme examines some of these claims and takes them apart with a fine eye for detail and hyperbole. Here’s a slice:
Here we go again … the ole leftist talking points meme! The Progressive never tires of it. If you want to try this at home (the Talking Points Meme that is), just string a series of hyperbolic, fanciful, unsubstantiated claims together and then challenge the listener to respond. I believe the purpose of this technique is analogous to running someone over with a freight train.
And what’s up with the British guy meme? Does he do the Geico ads too? Could we not find an American? Or does it make the inflated assertions sound so much more erudite if it comes in the form of an English accent? Maybe he works for the Chatham House. But I digress–so many amazing accomplishments. Where does one start?
Well, let’s start at the beginning … shall we?
Our TPM talking point friend (the British guy) alleges seven major accomplishments Obama has achieved during his years in Office, if my math serves me correctly.
TPM guy alleges Obama …
1. Killed Osama
2. Ended the war in Iraq
3. Contained Iran
4. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT)
5. Reigned in Wall Street
6. Prevented a 2nd Great Depression
7. Passed landmark legislation–Obamacare
The Killing of Osama Bin Laden
“It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it… anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”–Douglas Adams
President Obama’s decision to take out America’s most-wanted–Osama Bin Laden–was hardly what I would call “controversial.” Honestly, what U.S. president in their right mind would not take out the world’s most notorious terrorist who perpetrated the worst terrorist attack in the history of our nation if given the chance?
I could act like a main-stream, liberal journalist and ask why the President delayed his decision for so long? Or why we never got to see the body of Bin Laden? Or why Osama was given a sailor’s burial at sea? Or how this opens a dangerous new chapter in American foreign policy in regard to the sovereignty of other nations? How many trees were burned and innocent animals killed during the illegal raid? What about noxious fumes being released into the atmosphere from burning helicopters? Won’t this lead to an increase in Climate Change? Yeah … I will leave all the speculation to the hyperbolic types of the main-stream media.
But the main point, as far as I’m concerned, is the notion Obama killed Osama. Yeah, right! Barack the brave Ninja warrior leaped from a burning helicopter riding his skateboard in, with nunchucks in tow, to engage Osama Bin Laden in mortal hand-to-hand combat. PUH-lease! I think we know who killed Osama–SEAL Team 6, and the U.S. Military and intelligence services that made the operation possible in the first place. The hunt for Osama had been going on long before Obama ever “made the scene.” Let’s put the credit where it belongs … NEXT!
Withdrawal from Iraq
“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”–Napoleon Bonaparte
It was President Bush and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki who signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement in 2008. Obama did nothing but watch SOFA take its course. For Obama and his minions to make the claim it was dear leader who ended the war in Iraq is absurd and infuriating. It is also an insult to those who served in Iraq–who did the hard work–provided the blood, sweat, toil and sacrifice; while the Left did everything it could during the Bush years to tear down any forward progress in Iraq. How about giving credit to where credit is due? It’s not going to happen with the Left–only when it suits their hidden agenda and predetermined outcomes.
Additionally, after the withdrawal of U.S. Forces from Iraq, an escalation in car bombings and violence has exploded within Iraq. It doesn’t look like it’s going to stop anytime soon, either.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Rep. Colonel Allen West, who had a favor to ask the president in the coming campaign: Mr. President, please don’t play the race card in 2012… submitted by Joshuapundit. Colonel West was his usual eloquent self, in spite of knowing that the president will almost certainly play that particular card. Do read it.
Without further ado, here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! The Right Planet – The Talking Points Meme
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit – “I Got Bin Laden” – And Why Obama’s Big Boast Might Have Been A Huge Mistake
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – The Political Commentator – Achtung! Antisemitismus, immer präsent doch in der Regel unter dem Radar, ist jetzt immer häufiger offene und ist in das Licht der Welt erscheinen!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Razor – In the Belly of the Swan
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Mellow Jihadi – Move, Vets Coming Through!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – Don’t Worry… Nuthin’ Bad’s Gonna Happen…
- Fifth Place with 1 vote – Right Truth – Handcuffed, arrested, and now faces three and a half years in jail for firearms possession – for the crime of being unaware that the Second Amendment does not apply in New York City
- Sixth place with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Citizenship Skills
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room – San Francisco Chronicle columnist warns city’s rational thinkers not to roll in the mud with one specific fringe group
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – New Zeal – DSA Marxists Take Over the Occupy Movement: Plan “Spring Offensive,” With Widespread Occupations of State Capitols, Schools and Workplaces
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – De Nada Ilse
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Ron Paul Flying First Class on Taxpayer Dime
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Allen West – Mr. President, please don’t play the race card in 2012… submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes – Defining Ideas – The Death Of Honesty submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Melanie Phillips – The West’s Useful Idiots submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Mark Steyn – Ron Paul beckons GOP to Fortress America submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Maggie’s Farm – Understanding The Wuterich Haditha Court Martial submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fifth place with 1 vote – Wings Over Iraq – Let’s Review submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Inside Higher Ed – Price of Success submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – IsraellyCool – There’s Something About Perry submitted by Simply Jews
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Big Government – EXCLUSIVE: Former Bush Counternarcotics Advisor: We’re Losing the Drug War Because of Government Bureaucracy submitted by Right Truth
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – SE Cupp – Newt Gingrich, Natural Woman submitted by The Watcher
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rush Limbaugh – Washington, DC, Law Forces Exterminators to Capture and Relocate Rats submitted by The Right Planet
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – GodFather Politics – Urinating on the Dead: Marine Performance Art? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Nile Gardiner – Why are Barack Obama’s critics so smart? submitted by The Razor
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Liberty’s Spirit – The Real Story of the Lebanese Civil War submitted by The Watcher
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Accuracy In Media – AIM Interview with Craig Shirley on Pearl Harbor, Ronald Reagan and Today’s Politics submitted by New Zeal
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Blaze – More ‘Embarrassing’ Ron Paul Newsletters Emerge on Race, Israel, & More submitted by Rhymes With Right