Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
Hat Tip: BB
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Logan Churchwell
HOUSTON, TX. September 18, 2012 ― True The Vote (TTV), a Houston-based, nonpartisan election integrity organization, applauded a ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court released today rejecting an injunction that would suspend a new Voter ID law, until further review can be made. The Supreme Court wants the lower court to provide an assessment of the availability of alternate identification cards by October 2, 2012.
The new Voter ID law — which has been challenged in court — is scheduled to go into effect for the November 2012 elections. The Supreme Court made the ruling on August 15, 2012 and released it today.
“American legal precedent has already been established on this matter — and I applaud Judge Simpson’s carefully balanced decision to review all the facts before reversing what most Americans see as a common-sense reform. In a time where over 74 percent of voters are demanding better safeguards to prevent against fraud, Pennsylvanians are entitled to equal protection of the law,” said Catherine Engelbrecht, True the Vote Founder and President.
“The United States Supreme Court upheld the State of Indiana’s voter ID laws on the basis that it improved faith in our election system. Voters are best served when states maintain the right to improve transparency, efficiency, and in some states, such as Georgia, similar voter identification laws actually increase citizen turnout on election day.”
The Pennsylvania law allows for the following voter ID options: valid driver’s license, ID cards issued by the Commonwealth and federal agencies, US Passport, student ID, employee identification and military identification. In addition, valid firearm permits, utility bills, government checks, bank statements and employment checks are acceptable.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the League of Women Voters, and others, claimed that the new voter ID bill would disenfranchise voters.
Simpson originally ruled that the photo ID requirement of Act 18 is a “reasonable, nondiscriminatory, nonsevere burden when viewed in the broader context of the widespread use of photo ID in daily life. The commonwealth’s asserted interest in protecting public confidence in elections is a relevant and legitimate state interest sufficiently weighty to justify the burden.”
True The Vote (TTV) a nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots organization focused on preserving election integrity is operated by citizens for citizens, to inspire and equip volunteers for involvement at every stage of our electoral process. TTV empowers organizations and individuals across the nation to actively protect the rights of legitimate voters, regardless of their political party affiliation. For more information, please visit www.truethevote.org.
Hat Tip: CK
In Obama’s own words – the ‘redistribute wealth’ mantra:
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published), anywhere in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then, just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Acts of War
- The Political Commentator – Your choice for leadership: Barack Obama or NY Giants QB Eli Manning?
- Simply Jews – “Innocence of Muslims”, “Sam Bacile”, cheap scoops and Faux News
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Question of the Day
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Fiddling While The Middle East Burns
- Joshuapundit – Islam and Not Islam: Fantasy Vs. Reality In The West
- The Right Planet – Im Not an Economist, But I Did Stay at the Jekyll Island Inn Last Night
- VA Right! – EXPOSED: Reuters/IPSOS Poll Over-Samples Dems by 13% – and LIES about Percentage!
- The Razor – The Clash Of Civilizations Continues
- Bookworm Room – We have always been at peace with Oceania. Emmanuel the Mitt Goldstein is the enemy.
- Rhymes With Right – Obama Regime Declares Another Law Does’nt Apply To Obama Regime
- The Glittering Eye – It’s Not Poverty, Either
- Gay Patriot – Barack Obama: Ill-suited to be nations chief executive
- The Mellow Jihadi – Lebanese Protesters Protest America While Wearing American Clothes
- The Independent Sentinel – Mother Jones, the Other Attack Watch, Demonizes Romney Supporters
- Right Truth – Reality, The State Department And The War On Women
- Ask Marion – All Starting to Unravel for Obama and Hillary
- The Pirate’s Cove – Are You Ready For More Islamist Cartoon Riots?
- Mark Steyn – Disgrace in Benghazi submitted by The Noisy Room
- American Thinker – American Jews Face Their Days of Awe submitted by The Political Commentator
- Bob From Brockley – We Are Not All Julian, and Julian is Not Pussy Riot submitted by Simply Jews
- Natural Born Conservative – Labor Force Stagnation Concealed by Obama submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Commentary – Critique of Romney is “Israel Lobby” Rerun submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Victor Davis Hanson – Storming Embassies, Killing Ambassadors, and ‘Smart’ Diplomacy submitted by Joshuapundit
- American Spectator – End Times submitted by The Right Planet
- Da Tech Guy – Demoralized as Hell, The poll the media isn’t talking about edition submitted by VA Right!
- The New English Review – The Tyranny of Artistic Modernism submitted by The Razor
- Instapundit – Why Barack Obama Should Resign submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Onion – No One Murdered Because Of This Image submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Diplomad 2.0 – We Are Not at War… Just Under Attack submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Right Turn/Jennifer Rubin – Ryan never had a partner in the Oval office submitted by Gay Patriot
- The Kitchen Dispatch – From 9/11: The Emergence of an Honorable Virtue submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Barry Rubin – What Really Happened in Egypt and Libya: A Simple Answer and a Surprising One submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali – Muslim Rage & The Last Gasp of Islamic Hate submitted by The Watcher
- Rush Limbaugh – A Golden Opportunity For Mitt Romney submitted by The Watcher