Hat Tip: BB
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Right Truth, The Pirate’s Cove, Maggie’s Notebook and Ask Marion took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some excellent articles they sent our way.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Independent Sentinel – A Moral Dilemma
- Simply Jews – The Pillar of Defense fiasco
- The Political Commentator – James Clapper – Why does this man still have a job in the Obama administration?
- The Noisy Room – The Islamic Pharaoh Rises
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Keep Perspective
- Joshuapundit – The Next Islamist Domino – Jordan
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The New Middle East
- The Right Planet – Wrapped Around the Axle
- VA Right! – Why The ‘Clinton Tax Rates’ Didn’t Create Prosperity in the 1990′s
- The Glittering Eye – “Balance Sheet” Or Not?
- Gay Patriot – Of slow blogging and the creative process
- Bookworm Room – Second Amendment day: shooting the Glock
- The Mellow Jihadi – I Am Guilty Of Stolen Valor
- Rhymes With Right – Democrats Seek To Ensure Candidate Of Right Color Wins Election In Chicago
- The Razor – Party Like It’s 1999? Why I’m All For it
- Right Truth – The Obama Doctrine: Terrorists are R “U.S.”
- Maggie’s Notebook – Shout Racism And Stop The Debate!
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: Gaia’s Fever Down For A Second Straight Year
- Ask Marion – Why America Will Not Survive Unless Americans Change
- CNS News – One Third of Schools Receiving Stimulus-Funded ‘Student Improvement Grants’ Showed Declines submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Barry Rubin – Lessons for the World From a New Gaza War submitted by Simply Jews
- Taki’s Magazine – The Petrayal of Petraeus submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sultan Knish – War Is The Answer submitted by The Noisy Room
- The First Street Journal – Economics 101: A failure to understand submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Mark Steyn – Jill Kelley For Secretary of State submitted by Joshuapundit
- Danger Room – Leon Panetta Has a Few More Drone Wars Ready to Go submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Yid With Lid – Hamas: Killing Jews is worship of Allah submitted by VA Right!
- Kausfiles – Krugman’s Twinkie Defense submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Pat Condell – Peace In The Middle East submitted by The Right Planet
- Belmont Club – The Last Man Standing submitted by Gay Patriot
- Quadrant Online – Doomed Planet submitted by Bookworm Room
- Maggie’s Farm – Giving Tuesday submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Right On The Left Coast – Must Be An Election Year submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The FREEMAN – Debunking the “Shop Small Saturday” Rationale submitted by The Razor
- Holman W. Jenkins/WSJ – None Dare Call It Default submitted by The Watcher
- The Commentator – Britain heads for Israel sell-out at the UN submitted by The Watcher
By: Trevor Loudon
Surprize, surprize! The “Arab Spring” in Egypt, has resulted in more tyranny, not less.
From Russia Today
Police in Cairo used teargas against protesters after clashes erupted on Tahrir Square, leaving one dead. The violence came before a 100,000-strong rally demanding the country’s Islamist president withdraw decrees vastly expanding his power.
Police fired tear gas after hundreds of demonstrators began pelting them with rocks on a street between the US Embassy and the historic square which served as the epicenter of the uprising that toppled authoritarian president Hosni Mubarak nearly two years ago.
Meanwhile, protesters stormed the headquarters of the Muslim Brotherhood in the country’s second largest city of Alexandria. The crowd broke in to the building hurling papers and furniture from a balcony.
Activists reported that a protester in his 20s died in Cairo as a result of being exposed to too much tear gas, making him the fourth person to lose his life in clashes across Egypt over the last five days.