Hat Tip: BB
Tyranny always wears a face of mocking, condescending faux concern on the Left, as Democrat dominated Blue States compete to see who can can come up with the most egregious laws to make an ordinary citizen exercising their constitutional Second Amendment rights expensive, difficult and even shameful. New York’s law actually banned non-existent magazines and is now going through the embarrassment of having its governor appeal to the state legislature to repeal a law he shoved through in the dead of night that would make it illegal for any New York resident to own a firearm… even the police.
California and Connecticut, who already have ridiculous anti-gun laws on the books, have proposed sweeping bans on owning over 100 different types of weapons by law abiding citizens and are now weighing proposals to charge an annual fee for the right to buy ammo and slapping heavy ‘sin’ taxes on the purchase price.
Since these laws would make it prohibitive for minority families to protect themselves, such laws are not only unconstitutional and in violation of both the Second and Fourteenth Amendments, but racist.
A number of other states are not far behind. And in the UN, the Obama Administration instructed its ambassador to vote for the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), which would create a national firearms registry overseen by UN bureaucrats that is currently prohibited by federal law.
Make no mistake that the desired end result by our ruling class is confiscation and a disarmed populace. As Machiavelli said in The Prince, when you’re disarmed, you’re not only helpless but despised.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Google Honors Cesar Chavez on Easter
- Rhymes With Right – I Really Didn’t Want To Write About The Obama Girls’ Vacation
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The latest comicbook P.C. — no more using term “mutant”
- The Razor – Why Laws Banning Unrestrained Pets Are Misguided
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Iran’s Navy
- Simply Jews – Pregnant Kim Kardashian is still being slightly annoying
- The Political Commentator – Cast Your Vote: Whose rhetoric is more believable, Barack Obama or Kim Jong Un?
- Joshuapundit – North Korea Beats The War Drums
- The Right Planet – Freeflowing On Tyrants
- The Glittering Eye – Chicago’s “Flash Mob” Violence
- The Mellow Jihadi – On Fandom, Past and Present
- VA Right! – The Theory of ‘Extremist’ Relativity
- Bookworm Room – When to marry? When you find true love — not shallow infatuation or mere passion, but true love
- Gay Patriot – Random Thoughts on Gay Marriage
- Ask Marion – Obama’s shock Easter sermon: ‘Captains of the religious right’ want blacks ‘in the back of the bus,’ women ‘back in the kitchen’
- The Pirate’s Cove – The Marcott “Abrupt Warming” Meme Dying A Slow Death
- Gates of Vienna/Baron Bodissey – Keeping a Close Eye on the Right Wing, Part 2 submitted by The Noisy Room
- American Thinker – The one question about immigration reform no one asks submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The First Street Journal – Sequesternomics: What we were told would happen doesn’t seem to be happening yet submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Thomas Sowell – How Guns Save Lives submitted by The Razor
- Via Meadia – OK, Now We’re Worried submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Mick Hartley – The UN Steps In submitted by Simply Jews
- Stratfor – Beyond the Post-Cold War World submitted by The Political Commentator
- Victor Davis Hanson – The California ‘Mordida’ submitted by Joshuapundit
- Edward J. Erler/Hillsdale College – The Second Amendment as an Expression of First Principles submitted by The Right Planet
- Abu Muqawama – The Limits of Proxy Warfare in Syria submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michelle Malkin – Academia hearts the Weather Underground: Kathy Boudin at Columbia and NYU submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Canada Free Press – Rotting The Soul Of A Nation submitted by VA Right!
- The Daily Beast/Megan McArdle – Health and Human Services Secretary Doesn’t Understand What Insurance Is submitted by Bookworm Room
- Soopermexican – NO Illegal Amnesty Without Border Security: Reject Any Rehash of Reagan’s Immigration Error submitted by The Watcher
- Hot Air – Dr. Ben Carson: ‘White liberals are the most racist people out there’ submitted by The Watcher
Hat Tip: Tammy Bruce
By: Trevor Loudon
According to the Communist Party USA, “the struggle for immigrant rights is a key component of the struggle for working class unity in our country today.”
The Communists believe that the months ahead provide a great opportunity to extract big immigration changes from the Party’s “friend” Barack Obama.
The coming months are crucial. This is a call for all progressive forces to become fully engaged at every level…The overwhelming Latino vote for President Obama has pushed the need for legislation forward, but there is a hard fight still ahead.
As Congress begins to draft legislation, immigrant rights groups and the labor movement including the AFL-CIO and its constituent organizations, SEIU, Change to Win, and many faith based groups are mobilizing for comprehensive immigration reform with legalization, a path to citizenship and workers’ rights.
This legislative and political battle is also at the top of the agenda of the Communist Party USA and Young Communist League. Our program includes stopping deportations now as legislation is being adopted, and calling for legalization with a clear and speedy road map to citizenship for all 11 million. Future workers who come should have the same opportunity.
The People’s World/Mundo Popular will soon post a pamphlet answering common questions about immigration, Myths v Facts, which can be circulated via social media and printed out, along with daily coverage and commentary on the immigrant rights struggle.
The Communist Party’s interest in immigrants has nothing to do with compassion or humanity. The communists want amnesty for current illegals and to encourage further illegal immigration for several reasons.
Firstly, they want to dilute the existing patriot culture in the US by creating large immigrant communities, with little allegiance to the ideas that gave birth to the American republic.
Secondly, they want to overload taxpayers with increased crime, education, welfare and healthcare costs, to impoverish middle America and spread revolutionary discontent.
Thirdly, and in the short term most importantly, the Communists want to give several million illegals the vote – knowing that they tend to vote overwhelmingly Democrat.
Several million more Democrat voters would almost certainly deliver the US to the Democrats and their communist allies, forever.
The communists and their democrat allies, are playing for keeps.
Patriotic Americans need to understand – this debate isn’t about people. It’s about power.