This is what I have been saying for years now…
Mark Levin opened his show today livid over Obama’s announcement that he will ignore the legislature and use his pen to write executive orders. He says the separation of powers are the key to our Republic and yet today Obama just announced that he would assume lawmaking powers via executive orders.
Mark Levin says what’s going on here is that we are witnessing a gradual, quiet coup:
He’s just announced that he is going to assume lawmaking powers. He does not recognize the majority in the House of Representatives. I don’t know how much more clearly he can say it. You know what this is folks? This is a gradual, quiet coup. That’s what is taking place. It’s gradual. It’s quiet, in the sense that it’s non-violent. But it’s a coup!
I suppose it all comes down to what your priorities are… Hawaiian vacays, dysfunctional websites and the like, versus veteran’s benefits. But when you break a promise to people who are putting their lives on the line, they simply tend to not want to do that anymore. And as Hugh Hewitt points out, the word spreads and others make the same decision. Whether Paul Ryan realizes it or not, he’s simply playing along with what President Obama has wanted all along, even going back to 2009 when he tried to take VA benefits away from our wounded warriors to make them buy private healthcare. He wants to hollow out the military, perhaps replacing much of it with that domestic security force he’s always talked about… and has made some decent strides towards creating. The Republican establishment, who were terrified of shutting down the government in order to persuade this president to exercise some fiscal sanity and okayed the sequester instead, did the same thing.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Here’s how to bring something to my attention for consideration. Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Schooling vs. chaos
- The Political Commentator – Barack Obama’s insidious master plan for the United States?
- The Noisy Room – The Lynchpins Have Been Pulled
- The Right Planet – I’ve Had It With The GOP
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Panzer Arik
- Joshuapundit – Rohani On New Iran Nuclear Deal: “World Powers Surrendered to Iran”
- Liberty’s Spirit – Texas and California: Different Sides, Same Coin
- Simply Jews – Chomsky the Mastermind: where only the eagles dare
- VA Right! – Eric ‘Crazy Ivan’ Cantor Does About Face on Conservatives – Embraces Liberalism, Amnesty, Obamacare
- Bookworm Room – Upworthy and Good Men Project: Progressive sites for people seeking to save their souls through politics
- The Glittering Eye – The Tip of the Iceberg
- The Razor – Cliff’s Notes for Debunking Conspiracy Theories
- Rhymes With Right – Anti-Catholic Rhetoric At USNews.Com
- Nice Deb – The IRS Is Poised To Silence Conservatives Again – What You Can Do (Video)
- The Mellow Jihadi – Drive em hard-drive em dirty
- Ask Marion – Two Marriages, Two Political Power Deals, One Big Question
- Right Truth – ‘Lone Survivor’ – The Movie
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Believing in make-believe peace
- The Pirate’s Cove – Weather Channel: Warming Pause Isn’t Really What You Think
- The First Street Journal – John Kerry and the Middle East peace process submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sultan Knish – Why People Fail submitted by The Political Commentator
- Mark Steyn – Global warming’s glorious ship of fools submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Weekly Standard – What Catastrophe? submitted by The Right Planet
- Commentary – A Tale Of Two Surges submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Amil Imani – An Open Letter To The God Of Islam submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fred Kagan/Weekly Standard – Gates at War submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Nick Nipclose – Counterpunch Defends Neo-Nazism submitted by Simply Jews
- Reason.Com – They Lied submitted by VA Right!
- To Put It Bluntly – A Preferred Standard For Lawyers submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Dignified Rant – Kerry Responds to Nigerian Email Business Opportunities, Too submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Edward Luce/FT.com – The Tide is Rising For America’s Libertarians submitted by The Razor
- Ed Hubbard/Big Jolly Politics – Judge Denise Pratt, Please Resign; Fellow Republicans, Please Defeat Judge Pratt if She Does Not Resign submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Byron York/Washington Examiner – What if Americans rebel against the Obamacare mandate? submitted by Nice Deb
- Gates Of Vienna – Passion submitted by The Watcher
- Michelle Malkin – Beware the left-wing-funded “Main Street” Republicans submitted by The Watcher