Daily Archives: September 5, 2013
“Allahu Akbar!” Obama Allies Wave al-Qaeda Flag While Publicly Executing Restrained Kneeling Pro-Assad Civilians
Hat Tip: Ironic Surrealism
These are the Al Qaeda rebels. These are the ones Obama is in bed with and would have our troops die for. Screw Obama — Americans should not fight and die for barbarians and Christian killers.
Obama’s Allies in Syria: Al Qaeda, ‘Highwaymen, Kidnappers, and Killers’
Brutality of Syrian Rebels Posing Dilemma in West
New York Times Publishes Piece on the ‘Dilemma’ of Supporting Syrian Rebels, Complete With Horrific Execution Video
Obama’s Syrian IPO – Is It A Good Investment?
This might look pretty good compared to what Syria could look like after the United States, NATO, Al Qaeda and the Assad regime start mixing it up, in the wake of the White House’s proposed strikes.
There is an expression in the financial world, in the form of a required disclaimer in advertisements for securities, such as in Mutual fund prospectus. “Past results are no indicator of future performance”. There is a fair degree of common sense in that, when applied to the science or discipline of economics as it relates to investments – but not in the world of foreign policy. If the word ‘guarantee’ were changed to the word ‘indicator’, one could draw equivalencies in both areas of forecasting outcomes. Case in point, American military intervention and CIA operations in Middle East hot spots like Libya and Syria.
Coming up in Congress is the Obama White House attempting to sell Congress on the investment potential of launching an attack of retribution against Syria, for the unproven allegation of unleashing nerve agents, reportedly Sarin gas, against civilians in the civil war there. Taking the disclaimer for security investments as a measuring stick, I thought it would be instructive to look at one of our previous interventions and how that ‘investment’ turned out.
What kinds of returns are we getting in Libya? The first notable dividend, was that AlQueda affiliated terror groups attacked our security compound in Benghazi. You know that story quite well, so I need not cover that ground again, here.
Suffice to say, if that was the only negative of our having intervened there, it alone would render our actions a failure. Remember also, that we’ve seen evidence that Obama (via the CIA) was using an annex in the Consulate in Benghazi to supply missiles from Libyan armories to Syrian rebels. Don’t worry that this is just a rumor or a conspiracy theory that has been rebuffed by some media fact checker. This was reported on that notorious Right Wing political network CNN. They also reported that the CIA has had 35 operatives in Benghazi, furiously trying to cover up the story. Among the means of attempting to keep a lid on the evidence, they have been harassing the operatives constantly and administering Polygraphs to make sure they haven’t revealed any details to the media. No wonder John McCain is making such an effort to change the story on the Syrian situation to focus on al-Assad, rather than the AlQueda insurgents.
How about Libya’s government? Did we impose ‘Democracy’ (whatever that actually means to the puppetmasters that hand Obama his foreign policy assignments) in Libya? No – not even close. The Libyan government is now controlled by … you guessed it, the Muslim Brotherhood! What a shock? In all material respects, the same set of conditions exist and persist in Libya that exist now in Syria.
What about civil order in the country? Everybody is happy and peaceful and getting back to building rather than destroying, right? Wrong. The U.K. Independent reports:
As world attention focused on the coup in Egypt and the poison gas attack in Syria over the past two months, Libya has plunged unnoticed into its worst political and economic crisis since the defeat of Gaddafi two years ago. Government authority is disintegrating in all parts of the country putting in doubt claims by American, British and French politicians that Nato’s military action in Libya in 2011 was an outstanding example of a successful foreign military intervention which should be repeated in Syria.
O.K. Well, certainly the economic situation is improving in Libya. Don’t you believe it – in fact it’s just the opposite. Before the NATO intervention, Libya was exporting 1.4 Million barrels of high-quality crude oil per day. The oil trade was the lifeblood of its economy – 80 percent of its GNP and up to 97 percent of its exports. Now, because of a large scale mutiny among the security forces that were previously protecting the drilling sites, refineries and pipelines – production has plummeted to less than 100,000 barrels per day – not even a tenth of normal production. The mutineers are sabotaging production because of complaints of inadequate pay and are attempting to sell the oil under their control on the black market. This has affected our economy and your pocketbook. Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and the fifth largest in the world with 76.4 billion barrels. Now 90 percent of that capacity has been taken off the market. Since OPEC still strongly influences the price of oil on the world market – its members have profited, our global oil companies have profited and you have been paying more. That’s how it always works, doesn’t it?
Oil production has come back somewhat in the last few weeks, but is nowhere near the levels pre-NATO intervention.
What about Social order in Libya? That should have improved, we were told, consequent to the removal of a dictator. Not so much? Not at all. Again, the Independent details the disintegration since the NATO incursion and regime change:
Libyans are increasingly at the mercy of militias which act outside the law. Popular protests against militiamen have been met with gunfire; 31 demonstrators were shot dead and many others wounded as they protested outside the barracks of “the Libyan Shield Brigade” in the eastern capital Benghazi in June.
Though the Nato intervention against Gaddafi was justified as a humanitarian response to the threat that Gaddafi’s tanks would slaughter dissidents in Benghazi, the international community has ignored the escalating violence. The foreign media, which once filled the hotels of Benghazi and Tripoli, have likewise paid little attention to the near collapse of the central government.
There is widespread tribal warfare, clashes between opposing militia groups and the new government is suspending civil rights for those suspected of loyalty to the former leader, Muammar Gaddafi. So besides the Benghazi betrayal, where Ambassador Stevens and 3 other Americans working in security roles were killed, while Obama, Clinton and Panetta sat on their hands and Valerie Jarrett issued orders to stand down on any readily available rescue efforts – nothing else has yielded the results we were promised by this administration. Only fools would have believed the promises.
Perhaps if Libya was the only example of things going to hell in a hand-basket after NATO, the CIA and the Obama White House’s interference has had its chance to work its magic – one might be tempted to write it off as an anomaly. But simultaneous with Libya, Iraq has undergone a shocking reversal and is now wracked with conflicts between Sunnis and Shiites and the government – with civilians caught in the middle. To add to the liabilities on the Bush / Obama balance sheet, are the reversion to chaos and disarray in Afghanistan, where a leader we put in place – President Hamid Karzai, is decried by Afghanistan citizens as totally corrupt.
Let’s not forget Egypt – and we really can’t because it won’t let us. The Army had to remove a tyrant, who was repressing the other 80 percent of the population, because our diplomatic efforts during the revolution were so ‘successful’. Now, the deposed elements are pursuing a campaign of terror and retribution against Coptic Christians and other perceived enemies.
But now, Obama, Kerry, Pelosi, McCain, Graham, Boehner and Eric Cantor, to name a few, are asking us to trust them again – this time, with Syria. They know what they are doing and they’ll straighten things out in Syria. Actually they can’t promise any such thing. The proposed attack on Syria is based on wishful thinking, false intelligence reports to Congress and crossing your fingers for good luck. That’s the cover story for the best case scenario.
What is the real aim? The real aim and desired outcome is for Obama to get our troops in a protracted conflict that is quite likely to not only escalate, but bring other nations and terrorists into the fray. For what purpose, you might ask? Mainly to protect the cancerous growth of the federal government, to benefit the balance sheet of the Federal Reserve and its member banks, and to reward the Military Industrial Complex for its generous support to both political wings, GOP and Democrat, of the largest, organized crime syndicate in the world – the United States Congress. If you think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, count up how many of them have violated their solemn pledge to uphold the Constitution and in so doing are promoting corruption and flouting the highest law in the land.
Oh, and I should mention that the Saudis are bringing considerable influence to bear internationally, to push a NATO or U.S. attack on Syria as well. CNN reveals:
“It is an open secret that Saudi Arabia is using Jordan to smuggle weapons into Syria for the rebels. Jordan says it is doing all it can to prevent that and does not want to inflame the situation in Syria.”
Why is Saudi Arabia pushing this? Because behind all the talk of friendship and alliance with the United States and the West, the Saudi government and their associates within the center of Wahhabist Islam, hate all non-Sunnis and feel obligated to employ Taqiyya (deception), in order to lure us into conflicts where we and Sunni Islam’s enemies will be killed. I want you to reflect on this quote from John Kerry’s first meeting with Congress, in which he informs them that the Arab countries (Saudi Arabia and Qatar) have offered to pay the entire cost of of a full scale U.S. invasion of Syria:
“In fact, some of them have said that if the United States is prepared to go do the whole thing the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost,” Kerry said. “That’s how dedicated they are at this. That’s not in the cards, and nobody’s talking about it, but they’re talking in serious ways about getting this done.”
That is chilling and sick. This man is demented and his morals have long ago torn loose from their moorings. Are the Arabs going to pay us for the dead Americans that we will lose? Do you like the financial, moral and ethical returns on our investment in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and Libya? Then you’ll be thrilled at the dividends you’ll see if we let the White House bring ‘hope and change’ to Syria. As for me, uh-uh, that’s one IPO I’m taking a pass on.
Keeping Your Family Safe During a Terrorist Attack
A series of studies conducted by researchers at the National Center for Disaster Preparedness show that while 72% of Americans anticipate future terror attacks, fewer than 50% of us have a family emergency plan in place. It is not likely that any of us will forget the images of the families who were affected during the Boston bombing, the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, or the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater shooting.
Image via FBI
After attacks and incidents such as these, people often wonder how to keep their families safe and ask, “What would I do?” So, if nearly 75% of Americans believe terrorist attacks are inevitable, why are so few American families prepared? The answer may lie in the term “terrorist attack” itself.
While people may consider the shootings at Sandy Hook and Aurora to be terrorist attacks, by definition, they were not. In fact, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), “there is no single, universally accepted, definition of terrorism. Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as ‘the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.’” It is difficult to be fully prepared for something when it’s not clear exactly what it is that you’re preparing for.
Along with the FBI, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) also has provided some general terrorism information:
Acts of Terrorism
- threats of terrorism
- bomb scares and bombings
- cyber attacks (computer-based)
- the use of chemical, biological, nuclear, and radiological weapons
High-Risk Targets for Acts of Terrorism
- military and civilian government facilities
- international airports
- large cities
- high-profile landmarks
- large public gatherings
- water and food supplies
- corporate centers
- mailings (explosives or chemical/biological agents may be sent through the mail)
The Seven Signs of Terrorism
Fearing future terrorist attacks does not mean that people have to live in fear every day. There are several steps people may take to help prepare and protect their families. One such action is to become familiar with the Seven Signs of Terrorism, developed by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of New York, that have been adopted by State Police across the country as an educational tool.
Image via HomelandSecurity.ms.gov
- Surveillance: Be on the lookout for someone recording or monitoring activities. The type of recording does not have to be as obvious as a camera or a video camera; the person may be taking notes, drawing diagrams, annotating maps, or using binoculars, etc.
- Elicitation: Be wary of people or groups who attempt to learn information about military operations, capabilities, or people. The attempts do not have to be face-to-face. They may be made by mail, telephone, etc.
- Tests of Security: If someone is attempting to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of security measures, or if he is attempting to record and analyze reaction times to security breaches, contact your local authorities.
- Acquiring Supplies: Be vigilant about people who purchase or steal explosives, weapons, ammunition, etc. Other supplies that may be needed for a terrorist attack are military uniforms, flight manuals, badges or the equipment to make them, and any other controlled items. And, as we learned in the Boston bombing, materials such as pressure cookers and fireworks also may be supplies that terrorists purchase in large quantities.
- Suspicious persons out of place: Of course, we are wary of people who don’t seem to belong in our neighborhoods. But, people also may arouse suspicion at work, businesses, or anywhere, for that matter. Also be alert for people who suspiciously cross the border, stow away on board a ship, or jump ship in port if you are traveling.
- Dry run/Trial run: Terrorists may practice their attack prior to carrying it out, so watch for people who move around but don’t seem to have a true purpose. A terrorist also may map out routes or time traffic lights, so be on the lookout for these types of activities.
- Deploying Assets: Terrorists have to get people and supplies positioned prior to committing the terrorist act. If you suspect these activities are occurring, immediately contact the authorities because this may be the last chance you have to do so before the terrorist act takes place.
Image via National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism
Virtually all state and federal agencies encourage families to take the time to prepare for terrorist attacks. There are three steps to help you get started on protecting your loved ones from acts of terrorism:
- Know your work, school, and community disaster plans. If you do not know the plans, contact your supervisor, school administrators, or local fire department for information.
- Identify an alternative hospital. Hospitals closest to the event always are the busiest.
- Use online resources to create disaster plans and review steps for protecting yourself and your loved ones. FEMA provides a downloadable Family Emergency Plan.
Terrorist Attack: In a Public Place
Terrorists typically attack public places with large crowds because they want to cause the most damage and get the most attention for their cause. One of the best ways to keep your family safe from terrorist attacks in public places is to share and discuss the Seven Signs of Terrorism with age-appropriate children.
Image via The National Counterterrorism Center
A simpler way to discuss the signs of terrorism with children is to focus on “Look and Listen.” This approach narrows the Seven Signs of Terrorism to a more kid-friendly version that includes looking for:
- bags left unattended in public places.
- people checking areas or buildings.
- people trying to enter secure areas.
- people at events wearing too much clothing.
Terrorist Attack: Explosive Devices
Terrorists use explosive devices as one of their most common weapons. According to a report by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, bombings/explosions account for 51.53% of the tactics used in terrorist attacks in the United States from 1970-2011.
Image via The National Counterterrorism Center
Unfortunately, information for making explosive devices is readily available online and in other information sources, and the materials necessary for making the explosives easily are found in many places. Because of the portable nature of explosive devices and the ease with which they may be detonated from remote locations, terrorists rely on this type of weapon frequently.
One way to keep your family safe from these explosive devices is to know which types of parcels are suspect. Look for parcels that:
- are unexpected or from someone unknown to you
- have no return address, or have one that can’t be verified
- are marked with restrictions such as “Personal,” “Confidential,” or “Do not X-ray”
- have protruding wires or aluminum foil, strange odors, or stains
- show a city or state in the postmark that doesn’t match the return address
- are an unusual weight for their size or are lopsided or oddly shaped
- are marked with threatening language
- have inappropriate or unusual labeling
- have excessive postage or packaging material such as masking tape or string
- have misspellings of common words
- are addressed to someone not at the address listed or are otherwise outdated
- have incorrect titles or titles without a name
- are not addressed to a specific person
- have hand-written or poorly typed addresses
Be proactive about checking packages and share the information with your age-appropriate children. They may be responsible for getting your mail after school, or they may love to pick up the boxes left on your stoop during the day, so it is important that they know which types of packages may be unsafe. Of course, if you or your loved ones suspect a parcel for any reason, do not touch it, leave the area, and immediately contact local authorities. It is always best to alert authorities, even if you are unsure whether there is a true danger.
Protective Measures for an Explosion
Because most bombings occur in public places, your family should know what to do in the event of an explosion. As with any emergency drill, parents should practice the following tips with age-appropriate children and discuss what to do in the event of being trapped in or being near the scene of a bombing. Remember, the goal is to empower your children with knowledge, not to frighten them.
If your family is trapped in debris, you should:
- use a flashlight to signal your location to rescuers, if possible.
- avoid unnecessary movement so you don’t stir the dust.
- cover your nose and mouth with some sort of material that is nearby, to breathe through. Dense-weave cotton material acts as a good filter, or you may wet the material before breathing through it to help filter the dust.
- tap on a pipe or wall so rescuers can hear where you are.
- use a whistle to signal rescuers, if possible.
- shout as a last resort, only. Shouting can cause you to inhale dangerous amount of dust.
Image via Flickr by Cliff
If your family is near the scene of an explosion, you should:
- get under a sturdy table or desk if things are falling around you. When the items stop falling, leave quickly. Watch for obviously weakened floors and stairways, and be especially vigilant about falling debris. Do not use elevators.
- follow your family, job, or school emergency disaster plan for leaving and staying away from the explosion. Do not stop to retrieve personal possessions or make any calls or texts. Do not return to the scene because you will increase the risk of danger for rescue workers and your family.
- avoid crowds. Crowds of people may be the target of a second attack.
- avoid unattended cars and trucks, as these may contain explosives.
- do not stand in front of windows, glass doors, or other potentially dangerous areas, including damaged buildings. Move at least 10 blocks or 200 yards away from damaged buildings. Also remember to move away from sidewalks or streets that will be used by emergency officials or other people still exiting the building.
- follow directions from people in authority, including police, fire, EMS, military personnel, school supervisors, or workplace supervisors.
- call 911 once you are in a safe place, but only if police, fire, or EMS has not arrived to help injured people.
- help others who are hurt or need assistance to leave the area if you are able to do so. If you see someone who is seriously injured, seek help. Do not attempt to manage the situation alone.
- listen to your radio or television for news and instructions.
Terrorist Attack: Biological, Chemical, or Nuclear Attacks
Keeping your family safe from a biological, chemical, or nuclear attack requires more specific preparations, as you may need to remain in your home in the event of one of these attacks. It may be too late to obtain the materials necessary to keep your family safe after one of these types of attacks occurs, so FEMA has created checklists for families to do before these threats arise:
Protecting Yourself, Your Family, and Your Property
- Build an Emergency Supply Kit. Include nonperishable food, water, a battery-powered radio, extra flashlights, and batteries.
- For a chemical threat, also have a roll of duct tape and scissors in your Emergency Supply Kit, as well as plastic for doors, windows, and vents for the room in which you will be sheltered. Premeasure and cut the plastic sheeting for each opening.
- For a nuclear threat, increase your disaster supplies to be adequate for up to two weeks, during periods of heightened threat.
- Make a Family Emergency Plan. Your family should know how to contact one another because it is possible that you will not all be together at the time of an attack. You should know how to get back together and what to do in the case of an emergency.
- Plan meeting places, both within and outside of your neighborhood.
- Designate an out-of-town contact number because local numbers may be unavailable.
- Be familiar with emergency plans at work, daycare centers, and schools where your family spends time. If no plans are in place, volunteer to help create one.
- Know your community’s warning systems and disaster plans.
- For a nuclear threat, know your community’s evacuation routes. Ask local officials if any public buildings have been designated as fallout shelters. If none has been designated, make your own list of potential shelters near your home, workplace, and school. These would include basements or the windowless center area of middle floors in high-rise buildings, as well as subways and tunnels. If you live in an apartment building or high-rise, talk to the manager about the safest place in the building for shelter and about providing for building occupants until it is safe to go out.
- Notify caregivers and babysitters about your plan.
- Make plans for your pets.
- For a chemical threat, choose an internal room for shelter. One without windows and on the highest level of your home is best.
- Check with your doctor to be sure all immunizations are up to date. Children and older adults are especially vulnerable to biological agents.
- Consider installing a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter in your furnace return duct. These filters remove particles in the air and will filter out most biological agents that may enter your house. If you do not have a central heating or cooling system, a portable HEPA filter can be used.
Image via Navanti Group
Overall, communication between parents and children is vital to a successful family plan and a positive outcome after a terrorist attack. Families are better equipped to handle a terrorist attack if they discuss scenarios and plans before, during, and after an event so that everyone can ease their worries and fears.
Also, keep in mind that children can be involved in the process of creating a plan and making emergency kits. One suggestion is to design a scavenger hunt to make creating a family emergency kit more fun. Each child can be responsible for one item so that children understand they can be proactive about handling emergencies.
Most importantly, keep in mind that children are sensitive to parents’ emotions and reactions. If parents set a proactive tone for emergency preparedness, children are sure to follow. And, if you are feeling completely overwhelmed by preparing for all of the different types of terrorist attacks, follow the General Guidelines to get started.
General Guidelines for Preparing for a Terrorist Attack
Image via Masbury
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Move or leave if you feel uncomfortable or if your instincts tell you something is not right.
- Take precautions when traveling.
- Be aware of conspicuous or unusual behavior.
- Do not accept packages from strangers.
- Do not leave your luggage unattended.
- Immediately report unusual behavior, suspicious or unattended packages, and strange devices to police or security.
- Know where emergency exits are located in buildings that you frequently visit. Plan how to get out if an emergency arises.
- Be prepared to function without services you typically rely on, including electricity, telephone, cell phone service, natural gas, gasoline pumps, cash registers, ATMs, and Internet transactions.
- If you work or live in a large building, work with building owners or managers to be sure the following items are located on each floor of the building:
- Portable, battery-operated radio with extra batteries
- Several flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kits and manual
- Hard hats and dust masks
- Fluorescent tape to rope off dangerous areas
The unfortunate reality is that there have already been numerous terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. And there will be more. With counter-terrorism measures advancing every day, the hope is that our technology is capable of predicting attacks and even halting terrorists in their tracks. Preparing for a terrorist attack, and devising a response plan for various scenarios, is the best way to keep your family safe.
War on Syria Means Victory for Al Qaeda
By: Cliff Kincaid
Accuracy in Media
President Obama’s proposed military strike means, practically speaking, that the U.S. will intervene on behalf of al Qaeda in Syria. Why is this dangerous proposal being taken seriously by Congress?
If the proposal were somehow designed to save the Christians and other minorities in Syria, that would be one thing. But there has been no announced intention to do that. In fact, as we have argued, the proposed strike on the Syrian regime puts Christians at more risk of genocide. Obama’s support for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt demonstrates that he has no regard for the rights of Christians in the Middle East.
But the proposal goes forward in Congress because very few Republicans are willing to stand up to media-hungry politicians such as Senator John McCain (R-AZ), a war hero from Vietnam who assumes the high ground in any military crisis or conflict.
McCain, however, said something the other day on Fox News that, in the words of “Jihad Watch” director Robert Spencer, demonstrates his “appalling ignorance” on Middle East matters. This wasn’t just a gaffe but a deliberate comment. More than that, it demonstrates how the media shower McCain with praise and respect when none is deserved.
Spencer notes that Brian Kilmeade on Fox News had objected to Syrian rebels yelling “Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar!” McCain shot back: “Would you have a problem with an American or Christians saying ‘Thank God, Thank God?’ That’s what they’re saying. Come on! Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.”
Spencer says “Allahu akbar” does not mean “Thank God.” It is a war cry which means “Allah is greater,” and “is essentially a proclamation of superiority.” Spencer notes it is the same cry that Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood members were shouting as they destroyed a Christian church and tore off its cross.
The exchange between Kilmeade and McCain has received more than 240,000 views on YouTube.
What is intriguing is how the rest of the media covered this. Many different publications, including Politico, The Huffington Post, Business Insider, and Mediaite, ran stories about the exchange which claimed that McCain had somehow “shamed” Brian Kilmeade and Fox News, as if McCain knew what he was talking about and that Kilmeade had been exposed as an ignoramus.
This, then, is why McCain succeeds with his policy of going to war on behalf of the mysterious “moderates” in Syria. We have a media that are afraid of telling the truth about the senator when he makes bone-headed comments that have no relation to reality.
McCain’s preference for “moderates” in Syria would be laughable, were it not so serious and coming at a time when America is on the verge of going to war.
Spencer writes, “McCain’s appalling ignorance and Obama’s ongoing enthusiasm for all things Muslim Brotherhood, including the Syrian opposition, are leading the U.S. into disaster.”
This is not necessarily news to those who have been following our reports about McCain’s praise of the Al Jazeera terror television network and his appearances on that channel. This is the same channel that has just been closed down in Egypt for inspiring violence and terrorism. But the media persist in conveying the impression that McCain knows what he is talking about and has some mastery over Middle East events.
In a commentary for the London Center for Policy Research, Jed Babbin says Obama may get a war resolution from Congress because “the Republican ‘leadership’ of national security affairs—at least the only ones who get media attention—is comprised of Obama’s most dedicated allies in Congress, Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham.”
The key phrase is “the only ones who get media attention.” This is why Obama invited these two to the White House after he announced plans to go to Congress. It was a careful strategy designed to create the impression of Republican support for Obama. McCain and Graham (R-SC) are assigned the roles of providing Republican cover for Obama’s policy. They have performed the same function in regard to his support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
In the case of Syria, however, Graham seems to have competition for the role of second fiddle, as Fox News Republican commentator William Kristol has been appearing all over the media, including NBC’s “Meet the Press” and CNN, to argue on Obama’s behalf. It was Kristol’s group, the Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI), which released a letter arguing for a strike on Syria without congressional approval. Fox News commentator Karl Rove signed the letter, as did Randy Scheunemann, a former foreign policy adviser to McCain who lobbied for the Open Society Institute founded by billionaire financier George Soros.
Kristol’s group has also been critical of Russia for passing legislation to protect children from homosexual propaganda. An FPI scholar, James Kirchick, went on Russia Today television, wearing rainbow suspenders, to argue for gay rights in Russia, and complained when his audio was cut off. Perhaps war with Russia is next on the agenda. Obama might agree with that, if the war was based on protecting gay rights.
But remember that the push for intervention in Syria is based on the assumption that Syrian leader Bashar Assad has used chemical weapons. Kristol, who founded The Weekly Standard, has decided not to ask for proof and simply takes Obama’s word on this. This is not journalism, but advocacy and recklessness.
With House Republican leaders endorsing Obama’s policy, it was left to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh to weigh in on Tuesday, citing a detailed report by terrorism analyst Yossef Bodansky that the August 21, 2013, chemical strike in the Damascus suburbs was actually “a pre-meditated provocation by the Syrian opposition.”
Limbaugh, who clearly has no regard for McCain’s presumed stature in this debate, said the evidence shows that the rebels have access to chemical weapons and may have used them.
Limbaugh is not the best opponent of Obama’s policy that conservatives can offer. So it has to be noted that former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy points out that U.S. Government officials have always known that al Qaeda has been pursuing chemical weapons. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the rebels did indeed get access to and use them in Syria.
But whether Assad used the chemical weapons or not, McCarthy argued, “It diverts attention from the issue the interventionists do not want to discuss: the fact that al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood would be the chief beneficiaries of U.S. attacks against Assad’s regime, the fact that the toppling of Assad could very well be even worse for American national security than Assad himself has been.”
Limbaugh made the same point, emphasizing what will happen if Obama’s policy goes forward and the Syrian regime is toppled: “If they get rid of Bashar in Syria, it will be Al-Qaeda.”
To remind McCain and the media, al Qaeda is not a group of “moderates.”
Cliff Kincaid is the Director of the AIM Center for Investigative Journalism and can be contacted at [email protected].
Alyssa Milano Shows How the NWO Uses Sex to Sell War
By: Arlen Williams
Paul Joseph Watson at InfoWars.com delivers a fine analysis of this propaganda ploy, by Hollywood’s tendrils of the “New World Order” complex pushing U.S. military aggression into Syria.
Then, he alludes to attestations of Syria’s rebels, that they were transporting nerve gas and that there may have been an “accident” in the process, causing the large scale deaths which in turn, have so conveniently become pretext for the Obama regime.
Without dredging up the details at this moment, we would remind of the blatant influence campaign the Obama administration has waged with those in the arts, to get them to take part in government and progressive propaganda. Call what has been reported about that an ice berg’s tip.
Alyssa Milano ‘Sex Tape’ Promotes Attack on Syria
PR stunt regurgitates Obama’s “red line” propaganda
Actress Alyssa Milano has created a fake ‘sex tape’ which serves to propagandize for an attack on Syria.
The PR stunt, designed to “inform” people about the situation in Syria, merely regurgitates the official narrative about Assad being behind last month’s chemical weapons attack which violated Barack Obama’s “red line” (continues)
In addition to James Simpson’s article on the subject, Gulag Bound will probably feature more about the varying evidences and testimonies regarding that chemical weapons attack. One my also wish to see, from October of last year: “Chemical Weapons Spurred Benghazi Raid; Sending to Turkey? If so, why?”
We don’t mean to label the NWO a monolithic entity. Complex indeed, that complex striving for global control by the 1% of 1% of 1% seems to be quite fractious over Syria.