People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. – George Orwell
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Crazy Bald Guy, Right Truth, Common Cents, Against All Enemies and Pirates Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Stalking the Blogosphere: BlogBurst Friday for Free Speech
- The Colossus of Rhodey – This Is Even Funnier Because Of Her Obstinance
- Simply Jews – Viktor Dvorakovsky: an undermartyred Russian Islamist
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Truth Team Engaging In Deceptive Propaganda
- The Political Commentator – The IPO: Did Facebook “Jump the Shark”?
- Joshuapundit – Memorial Day: An Honest Man Versus A Liar
- Rhymes With Right – Religious Freedom Alert – South Carolina Jailer Declares No Mass For Catholic Prisoners
- The Razor – Media Bias and the Sin of Omission
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Syria Phobia
- The Right Planet – BlogBurst Friday: Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day
- Bookworm Room – Book review: Marcus Luttrell’s “Service: A Navy SEAL at War”
- The Glittering Eye – I’d Really Like to Know How They Think Things Should Work
- Gay Patriot – Richard Grenell, gay conservatives & the GOP
- VA Right! – McConnell Blasts Obama Admin for Spending $20 Mil to Promote Obamacare at a Time of Record Debt & Deficit
- The Mellow Jihadi – Mandatory Arabic In Harlem
- Right Truth – Bob Dylan Receives Medal Of Freedom
- Crazy Bald Guy – The Happiness Index
- Common Cents – 43 Catholic Organizations bring lawsuit against Obamacare… 19 seconds of Press Coverage
- The Pirates Cove – Today’s Hyperventilating AGW Story: “Climate change ‘will cause civilisation to collapse’”
- Against All Enemies – The Six Commandments
- Mark Steyn – The Facebook Caliphate submitted by The Noisy Room
- Natural Born Conservative – Adventures in Politicking II: No Shot submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Warped Mirror – Think Progress On Preconditions For Negotiations submitted by Simply Jews
- Newsmax – MSNBC Host ‘Uncomfortable’ Calling Fallen Soldiers Heroes submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Mises Institute – The Systemic Siesta submitted by The Political Commentator
- Adam Garfinkle – Look Before You Leap submitted by Joshuapundit
- Breitbart.com – Former DOJ Attorney: Eric Holder Could Stop SWATings ‘in 48 Hours’ submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Victor Davis Hanson – The Power of Cool submitted by The Razor
- Security Clearance – Inside Jordan, Worries About Iran And Syria submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- American Spectator – Terror by Any Other Name submitted by The Right Planet
- Omri Ceren/Commentary Magazine – The Consequences of Obama’s Conceit submitted by Bookworm Room
- Azizonomics – Keynesianism & Eugenics submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Nice Deb – Aaron Worthing Arrested After Kimberlin Peace Order Hearing submitted by Gay Patriot
- Jim Treacher – Jay Carney explains the difference between Solyndra and Bain Capital, so try to keep up submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – Bush And Obama Together At Last In Misunderstanding the Middle East submitted by The Watcher
- Hugh Hewitt – The Chicago Gang Goes After Romney submitted by The Watcher