Oct 24th, 2012 by TMH
The Watcher’s Council
Hat Tip: Pseud O’Nym
To send President Obama’s snide little comment from last night’s debate right back at him, he needs to find out how our military actually works. He could start by talking to a Marine or a soldier who’s had his or her life saved because he or she knew how to put their bayonet training to use.
Or to the men of the 10th Mountain, some of whom I’m honored to be acquainted with, who participated in an amazing but under-reported endeavor known as Operation Mountain Thrust. It involved them landing by helicopter on the side of a mountain to outflank the Taliban, a position the jihadis thought was inaccessible. Horses and donkeys were used to cart supplies in on a daily basis.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday AM.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Right Planet – Mr. President, Heres What Offends Me
- The Noisy Room – A Red and Present Danger
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Austere Challenge 2012
- Joshuapundit – Heart Of Darkness – The Real Benghazi Coverup
- Simply Jews – “Lomonosov or Zuckerberg?” or unbearable pain of a good priest
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Update to Education Notes Post
- Bookworm Room – Romney, even if he didnt win the debate, walked out of the debate a winner
- The Independent Sentinel – Romney Ran Out the Clock to Victory During Third Debate
- Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans faggots sit on political left
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Appearance of Competence
- The Glittering Eye – The Endorsements Are Coming In
- VA Right! – From Strategy to Execution: Who Won the 2012 Presidential Debates?
- Rhymes With Right – Zero Tolerance Gone Crazy
- The Political Commentator – “Bar Stool Economics” helps to explain taxes Obama-style!
- The Razor – Rural Justice
- The Grouch – Death Panels are HERE!
- The Pirate’s Cove – Hooray! With Two Weeks Left, Obama Finally Finds An Agenda
- Emmaus Ministries – Col. Davy Crockett on Government Welfare submitted by The Right Planet
- Sultan Knish – Obama’s Last Stand submitted by The Noisy Room
- Swampland – The Election’s Real Foreign Policy Issue: War with Iran submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Bing West – First, Aid the Living submitted by Joshuapundit
- BBC Watch – BBC interviewees support for Greta Berlins antisemitic videos submitted by Simply Jews
- The Guardian UK – Secret cinema gently subverts Saudi Arabia’s puritanism submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- White House Dossier – Romney’s Brilliant Maneuver submitted by Bookworm Room
- Yid With Yid – Here Comes the Obama Hit Squad! submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Commentary – War of the Late October Gaffes submitted by Gay Patriot
- Right Wing News – Interviewing Stephen Moore On The Truth About Opportunity, Taxes, and Wealth In America submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Glenn Greenwald/Comment Is Free – The remarkable, unfathomable ignorance of Debbie Wasserman Schultz submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Human Events – Obama’s “Horses and Bayonets” Insult Backfires submitted by VA Right!
- Prairie Pundit – Foreign election ‘observers’ warned to abide by Texas law submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Investigative Project On Terrorism – A Red Carpet for Radicals at the White House submitted by The Watcher
- Seraphic Secret – Debate #3: The Statesman and the Community Agitator submitted by The Watcher
Pre-Order Trevor Loudon's new book: "The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress"
Support American Values...
Please help keep NoisyRoom on the web by donating today.