Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, AskMarion, The Optimistic Conservative, Maggie’s Notebook and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some excellent articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something of yours to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And it’s all good right?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- Liberty’s Spirit – 6-Year-old Suspended for Kissing a Girl: Too Much, Yet Not Enough
- The Noisy Room – Inside the Empire of Horror
- The Political Commentator – The Ghost of Obamacare Yet to Come: UK healthcare in shambles!
- The Razor – The Keys to the Kingdom Should Not Be Available to the Peasants
- Simply Jews – Obama’s handshake with Raul Castro: the alternatives
- Joshuapundit – “American Betrayal”… A Review
- The Mellow Jihadi – Fargham, Iranian space monkey (& friends)
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – War Weary Myth
- The Colossus of Rhodey – “Horrible person”
- Rhymes With Right – A Dozen Candidates In Congressional District 36 GOP Primary
- Nice Deb – ObamaCare Whistleblower: I was Told IRS Harassment ‘Came From The Top’ (Audio)
- The Glittering Eye – The Reality Sinks In
- The Right Planet – I Don’t Believe In Defeat
- VA Right! – Snowden Revisited: Hero or Zero Now?
- Bookworm Room – To sell their ideas, conservatives must first re-train Americans to recognize their humanity
- Ask Marion – Still Think There Is No War on Christmas-WoC 2013
- Maggie’s Notebook – IRS Targeting Now ‘Reverse-Engineered’ to Isolate, Shut Down TEA Party: Clintons See Limitless Future
- The Optimistic Conservative – Biofuels for defense: Cronyism and the banality of evil
- The Pirate’s Cove – The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug – My Take
- David Gerstman/Le.gal In.sur.rec.tion – Al Qaeda is on the Run… to Everywhere submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Allen West – Maybe we need Michelle “Death Stare” Obama to negotiate with Iran submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mises Institute – Starvation and Military Keynesianism: Lessons from Nazi Germany submitted by The Political Commentator
- Phyllis Chessler – Beneath the burqa — a bruised and badly beaten teenager submitted by The Razor
- Martin In The Margins – Understanding the new Christian anti-Zionism: Part 1 submitted by Simply Jews
- David P. Goldman/ PJ Media – It’s About the Settlements, Stupid submitted by Joshuapundit
- Althouse – “National Security Agency officials are considering a controversial amnesty that would return Edward Snowden to the United States…” submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- House Of Marathon – Courting a Nemesis Out of Necessity: An Israeli-Saudi Alliance submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Cato @ Liberty – The Constitution Still Applies on College Campuses submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- David Bernstein/Volokh COnspiracy – Is Refusing to Provide Commercial Services for a Circumcision Discrimination against Jews? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Truth Revolt – Unions Paid MSNBC’s Schultz $177,000 in 2012, $75,000 in 2013 submitted by Nice Deb
- Bob Tisdale/Watts Up With That? – Open Letter to the Executive Producers of YEARS of LIVING DANGEROUSLY submitted by The Glittering Eye
- David J. Shestokas – Natural Law and the Legitimate Authority of the United States submitted by The Right Planet
- FOX News – Tax-exempt academic group’s boycott of Israel draws fire submitted by VA Right!
- National Journal – Politics trumped policy, truth for Obama’s reelect submitted by Bookworm Room
- Camille Paglia – It’s a Man’s World, and It Always Will Be submitted by The Watcher
- War Is Boring – ‘Ender’s Game’ and Maneuver Warfare submitted by The Watcher