Daily Archives: December 2, 2015
Our Watcher’s Council Nominations – ‘I Will Survive’ Edition
And just because… 😉
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Check out Debra Heine of Nice Deb’s excellent article on PJ Media, Ted Cruz: ‘The Overwhelming Majority of Violent Criminals Are Democrats.’
This week, Overlawyered, Creeping Sharia, Simply Jews and Seraphic Secret earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Dreadnoughts No More
- The Noisy Room – Chicago’s Communists Lead Anti-Cop Protests Over McDonald Shooting
- Joshuapundit – The EU’s Israel ‘Labeling’ Farce – Cutting Your Nose To Spite Your Face
- The Right Planet – The Censors at Facebook
- Maggie’s Notebook – Texas Ranchers Blamed for Illegals Dying in the Brush on their Land
- The Glittering Eye – When I Am In Rome, I Fast
- Fausta’s Blog – Venezuela issuing passports, voter registrations, to Hezbollah & Syrians
- VA Right! – Why I Am Supporting Donald Trump
- Nice Deb – Everything Bad Skyrockets Under Obama, Part II
- The Razor – Gun Grabbers Silence on Paris Shooters
- Bookworm Room – Some of us (i.e., me) predicted Ted Cruz’s rise in the polls months ago
- Puma By Design – Rahm Emanuel Terminates Chicago Police Chief
- The Independent Sentinel – NY Times Pushes Bernie Sanders’ Crazy Open Borders Platform
- Overlawyered – Gibson Guitar “Government Series”
- Creeping Sharia – Sharia-backing imam arrested sneaking into US in trunk of car
- Simply Jews – New front line against ISIS: the classroom, according to CNN
- Seraphic Secret – The Crazy Man on Ocean Parkway is Back!
- Jane’s.com – Chinese Bombers Affirm ADIZ Claims in East China Sea submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Matthew Bracken – Tet, Take Two – Islam’s 2016 European Offensive submitted by The Noisy Room
- David Harsanyi/The Federalist – Why Can’t We Talk About Islam Honestly? submitted byJoshuapundit
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage – Rename the Racist Democratic Party submitted by The Right Planet
- John Hawkins/Townhall – The Conservative Case For Ted Cruz submitted by Maggie’s Notebook
- Zero Hedge – Top U.S. Air Defense Commander: Turkey’s Shootdown of Russian Jet “Had to Be PRE-PLANNED” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Liberty Unyielding – What really happened in the Colorado Springs shooting? submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- News.Com AU – Behind the ‘white student unions’ springing up at Australian universities submitted by VA Right!
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – The Controversy over Syrian Refugees Misses the Question We Should Be Asking submitted by Nice Deb
- Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Magazine – Give Hate A Chance submitted by The Razor
- David Goldman/PJ Media – Top 10 Reasons to Vote For Ted Cruz submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ben Domenech/The Federalist – Stop Blaming Pro-Lifers For The Colorado Springs Shooting submitted by Puma By Design
- FOX News – Clinton opened State Department office to dozens of corporate donors, Dem fundraisers submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- American Thinker – The Real Scandal(s) Behind the Muslim MU Hair-Dragger submitted byThe Watcher
- The Other McCain – Crazy People Are Dangerous submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that! And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results!
Trevor Loudon releases Bernie Sanders exposé video in anticipation of his upcoming political documentary
The Enemies Within
For Immediate Release
Trevor Loudon releases Bernie Sanders exposé video in anticipation of his upcoming political documentary
CEDAR FALLS IOWA, 01-December-2015 – Author and speaker Trevor Loudon has released a video exposing the radical ties of Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders in anticipation of Loudon’s upcoming political documentary.
The New Zealand native is working with Iowa-based Director Judd Saul on the film The Enemies Within, which seeks to expose anti-American ties in the federal government. Loudon believes that a minority of radicals are responsible for unconstitutional and damaging policies that have been imposed on Americans for decades, a trend that has greatly accelerated under the Obama administration.
The carefully-honed media image of Bernie Sanders paints him as a mild socialist who seeks an America that provides more government services, like Norway or Sweden. Loudon, however, proves in his short film based on painstaking research that Bernie Sanders hard-core communist.
Loudon, who first exposed the connection between then-Senator Obama and Hawaiian communist Frank Marshall Davis in 2007 refers to Bernie Sanders as “a totalitarian at heart.” Sanders “has worked with spies, terrorist supporters and Eastern Bloc style communists his entire political career.”
Award-winning filmmaker Judd Saul whose documentary “Unfair” aimed at “exposing the IRS” was in theatres last year became interested in working with Loudon because he “is not a man to hold back.” Genuinely worried for America’s future, Saul recognizes that America “needs a no-holds-barred film” that will reveal “the plain truth about the enemies within our country… [and] how they are about to destroy our nation.”
When asked about the reaction to the controversial subject matter found in his book by the same name, Loudon said: “Nobody has ever challenged me on a point of fact.” Saul continued, “We are willing to put it all on the line to deliver this message.”
Author: Open Borders Policies Reveal Obama More Interested In Power Than Protecting Americans
By: Ginni Thomas
The Daily Caller
To view the video, please click here…
As Americans awaken to dangers to our homeland, they are losing confidence in President Obama. A new poll shows Americans’ confidence in President Obama’s efforts to keep us safe after the Paris jihadist attacks is dropping.
Jim Simpson, author of “Red-Green Axis: Refugees, Immigration and the Agenda to Erase America,” has no confidence in the screening or border security policies of the Obama administration. To Simpson, a host of open border policies — including the Refugee Resettlement Program — provide a fertile ground for terrorists to enter the United States.
In this 25-minute video interview, he says, “This president and this administration have little if any concern for the welfare of American citizens. They are all about advancing their agenda and amassing political power at the expense of our welfare, our safety, everything. They are greedy for power.”
Simpson suggests the rallying cry for congressional Republicans should be a rider offered by Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions on the coming omnibus spending bill. It would, for once, cancel the “blank check” President Obama has for refugee resettlement in the coming government funding bill, giving us “a genuine pause” to ensure our government can protect us.
Last week, the House passed a cobbled-together H.R. 4038 by 289-137 with bipartisan support. To Simpson, H.R. 4038 was wholly inadequate to guarantee the government’s ability to stop the flow of dangerous immigrants and ensure our safety.
As for the narrative war being waged by President Obama and others against critics of refugees, Simpson reminds us that the Left’s primary counter-argument is always to vilify and destroy their opposition.
The progressives’ goal with open borders, Simpson says, is to overwhelm America with problems while creating a huge new pool of Democrat voters who will only be needed to achieve left-wing goals. Many believe the Left’s efforts to stop voter ID laws, cast as “racist,” is related to the influx of potential new immigrant voters.
Simpson discusses the Left’s desire to turn Texas blue, and how the state has received more refugees than any other region in the union. Refugees who are put on a fast track to citizenship, Simpson says, are eligible for all government assistance citizens can get, and even other programs, including a special matched savings program.
There are more compassionate and cost-effective alternatives that help refugees more than bringing them to America, Simpson reminds us, calling refugee advocates “greedy” for their own pecuniary interests.
Contrary to claims that refugees are being screened, FBI Director James Comey testified to Congress on the inadequacy of government screening and the non-existence of databases that exist from failed states.
With over half of the nation’s governors objecting to unscreened Syrian refugees coming in their states, Simpson advises more citizens to get educated and raise their voices to federal, state and local leaders. The White House is monitoring “pockets of resistance” for their “New Americans Program” being led out of the Obama White House. But ever since presidential candidate Donald Trump put immigration squarely in the public eye, Simpson thinks this policy and national sovereignty will be determining issues in the 2016 presidential elections.
The three things he wants more people to know about the refugee program are: (1) The inordinate influence of the United Nations in determining the bulk of who comes to America; (2) Governors, mayors and Congress have almost no say in the refugee resettlement process; and (3) Refugees are but one program bringing in outsiders who could threaten our national security.
For more information, see Jim Simpson’s book, Red-Green Axis, and video, Ann Corcoran’s Refugee Resettlement Watch blog and the Center for Security Policy’s refugee resettlement activism center.
Mrs. Thomas does not necessarily support or endorse the products, services or positions promoted in any advertisement contained herein, and does not have control over or receive compensation from any advertiser.